Shoutbox

Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) (/showthread.php?tid=46035)

Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by John Anderton on 06-09-2005 at 06:59 PM

I know wrong crowd. Thats what i told my friends too. But then i learned of the im on sms feature and i have started using it again. Well im a light user now and so i tht i should ask how many of u have heard of it and r using it.
It is free for me in India. I dunno about other places so plz confirm ;)
Its like when ur not signed in u can recieve the msg as an sms. I think its cool.
Can we do that in msn ? I dont have wap (well ill have to pay for that to be enabled on my sim) and so is there a way :) And is it free :D
If someone here does use yahoo then u could add me. Then we could communicate easily :D Well pm me for my addy :P All those of u who r already on my list will get it immediately :P

RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by mwe99 on 06-09-2005 at 07:06 PM

yeah MSN has that its called MSN Mobile

RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by Millenium_edition on 06-09-2005 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
msn makes you pay though :-/
RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by John Anderton on 06-09-2005 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
msn makes you pay though :-/
Yeah thats what i heard too thats why i use yahoo :P
RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by Y2Pdogg on 06-10-2005 at 12:30 AM

link for this?

RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by John Anderton on 06-11-2005 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Y2Pdogg
link for this?
Link for what :S
Goto Yahoo.Com and download their messenger. Then install and login to your account or make a new one.
Then you can send sms's in your country (atleast you can do that here i dont know about other countries so plz check) and as for the i'm on sms status -> sign out to mobile device do the needful as said on the screen and ur done :D
RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by shine on 06-12-2005 at 02:33 AM

Its free in India? :D.. Let me check my bill :wink:

RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by Hank on 06-12-2005 at 03:05 AM

i been using yahoo7 Beta an has its issues with me,, like Audibles didnt work with either Beta's, but looks cool, i'd deff recommend it for smsing an offline messages an msn sucks in that way, i also think there is a winamp Plugin where you can see what Music your playing, though im not 100% on that , it also has a Search Bar ( small one) on hte Chat window near the X an Max an min Button
Yahoo 7 Beta an whats New

RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by John Anderton on 06-12-2005 at 06:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shine
Its free in India? :D.. Let me check my bill :wink:
It is free in India ... thats why i use it :P. ..... btw ... ur from India :|
Why doesnt msn do something like this :-/
RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by Hank on 06-12-2005 at 11:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton

It is free in India ... thats why i use it . ..... btw ... ur from India
Why doesnt msn do something like this

Gates loves Money thats why they wont,
RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by Anubis on 06-12-2005 at 11:43 AM

Used to use Yahoo, I quit because very few people I know use it...and they all use MSN aswell, so I never use it now.

RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by John Anderton on 06-14-2005 at 04:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Used to use Yahoo, I quit because very few people I know use it...and they all use MSN aswell, so I never use it now.
Thats why i made this thread :P Plus its got this handy feature so i tht i'd use it :rolleyes:
RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by henri on 06-15-2005 at 09:59 PM

yes i have yahoo and msn and you may do it

RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by glennlopez on 06-15-2005 at 11:16 PM

lol yahoo's still around? I havnt been on yahoo ever since Gr 7... That was 5 years ago

RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by Agent 98 on 06-16-2005 at 10:30 AM

Yahoo IM sucks. It has the ugliest smileys ever. I installed it once to give it a try, and I still haven't managed to get rid of all the useless crap that came along with the program.

RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by John Anderton on 06-16-2005 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Agent 98
Yahoo IM sucks.
Yup ... errr somewhat good too tho cause stuff r free :P
Free avatars that move and free sms and free mobile im :rolleyes:
So i guess it doesnt suck so much now :tongue:

quote:
It has the ugliest smileys ever.
In that respect ... msn does own yahoo :P But i have seen worse smileys (Unfortunately) :-/

quote:
I installed it once to give it a try, and I still haven't managed to get rid of all the useless crap that came along with the program.
Those stuff are optional :-/ Just like the sponsor in plus! U mean the yahoo toolbar and all rite ?? If so then yes it is completely optional :-/ Please read all the instructions before clicking next :)
RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by Agent 98 on 06-17-2005 at 10:21 AM

I read the instructions before proceeding with the install and it said nothing about Yahoo Internet Mail and Yahoo Messenger Explorer Bar being in the pack. My friend also read the instructions and terms, and did an advanced install and didn't see anything about those either. We uninstalled Yahoo Instant Messenger and those programse were still there. To this day we haven't been able to get rid of them, hence why we think Yahoo is poo.

The only reason why we gave Yahoo a try was because MSN was down that day. Next time we're going to be more patient and wait for MSN to be up and running again instead of trying other prgrams.

RE: RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by Bad Seed on 06-17-2005 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Yahoo IM sucks.

MSN Messenger sucks more for me :D; I only use it because Messenger Plus exists (thanx God :P).

quote:
It has the ugliest smileys ever.

I prefer the Yahoo smileys :S, the cool feature from MSN Messenger is the possibility to add your own custom smileys (Y)

Cheers and sorry for my english.
RE: Do u yahoo ?? (Read the feature 1st then comment) by John Anderton on 06-17-2005 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bad Seed
(thanx God ).
Err .... patchou is a god ... *-)
:o hence the emote :bow: ;) :P
quote:

I read the instructions before proceeding with the install and it said nothing about Yahoo Internet Mail and Yahoo Messenger Explorer Bar being in the pack
I installed yahoo again cause i hadnt used yahoo in 4 or so months and feared mine was outdated :S (It wasnt :S :|) But i saw that option :S
* John Anderton tugs luke to make a yahoo video too :D
* John Anderton sees luke bringing his plasma gun
* John Anderton runs :P
quote:
To this day we haven't been able to get rid of them, hence why we think Yahoo is poo.
To my knowledge they show up on windows xp's Add and remove list :S