Shoutbox

Personalized Status: Online? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Personalized Status: Online? (/showthread.php?tid=46041)

Personalized Status: Online? by robochief on 06-09-2005 at 10:08 PM

One hand option of the perzonalied status I use, is the shortcut.
I've wondered why wasn't there available the "Online" Status in the menu, as I'd like to bind a keyboard shortcut so I can quickly change my status to Online.

RE: Personalized Status: Online? by Zephyr on 06-09-2005 at 10:14 PM

There is reset status shortcut which can be found in plus-> preferences-> general options-> miscellaneous-> reset status shortcut. It will exit modes such as Boss protection, Personalised Statuses and Messenger Lock.

RE: Personalized Status: Online? by robochief on 06-09-2005 at 11:47 PM

Great, exactly what I was looking, but:
It doesn't work. Doesn't matter which hotkey I assign to it, nothing seem to work. :S

RE: Personalized Status: Online? by Dane on 06-09-2005 at 11:58 PM

Try assigning it to "CTRL+ALT+HOME".  That way you can ensure you wont have any conflictions.

RE: Personalized Status: Online? by L. Coyote on 06-10-2005 at 03:45 AM

The Status Reset Shortcut does not reset to Online only, it resets to the last MSNM Status, ONLY if you're using a Personalized Status, Boss Protection Mode or similar MsgPlus! status change.

Say, you were Busy (MSNM status) and used a Personalized Status. The Status Reset Shortcut will reset the PS and will make you appear as Busy.

At least, that's how it works for me. Make sure you are Online before using another status, and that should work.

RE: Personalized Status: Online? by robochief on 06-10-2005 at 04:50 PM

I have a personalized status that changes my status to Nusy, but no personal text, just appear busy. After changing to that status, pressing the shortcut assigned to reset your status, won't work.

RE: Personalized Status: Online? by Zephyr on 06-10-2005 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robochief
I have a personalized status that changes my status to Nusy, but no personal text, just appear busy. After changing to that status, pressing the shortcut assigned to reset your status, won't work.

You have to have your status as online before you set your personalised status because the reset shorcut only resets to the previous status.

Also, what shorcut are you using and have you tried out different shorcuts?