Shoutbox

Msn Conversations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn Conversations (/showthread.php?tid=46052)

Msn Conversations by TylerG on 06-10-2005 at 04:17 AM

Recently every time one of my contacts types the letter lol, a question mark, a k, and other stuff, it makes it like animated.  It is so annoying.  is there any way I can get this to stop????

[Image: crapconvo3cy.th.jpg]

RE: Msn Conversations by matty on 06-10-2005 at 05:02 AM

Tools > Options > Messages > Uncheck "Show custom emoticons"

RE: Msn Conversations by TylerG on 06-10-2005 at 05:32 AM

I don't think it is the custom emoticons because it happens to more than one of my contacts, and they are the exact same emoticons.  Plus like it is everytime the type the letter k.  Let's say their sentence is "Hey tyler what anyone kidnapped lately???"  The k would be all emoticon like. 

P.S.  That was the only sentence I could think of with K in it at the time:P

RE: Msn Conversations by J.J on 06-10-2005 at 05:36 AM

They are custom emoticons, your contacts have probably enabled a letter to be a shotcut for them, so when they type that letter, they appear

The only way to stop them from appearing would be to disable custom emoticons completely

RE: Msn Conversations by FrozernFire on 06-10-2005 at 06:18 AM

another way is to just ask them politely to remove that emoticon. that way you will not miss out any other "cool" emoticons

RE: Msn Conversations by -rafy- on 06-10-2005 at 06:57 AM

Yup they are custom emoticons, and everybody seems to have the same as when they add them they do not change the shorcut to them.

RE: Msn Conversations by TylerG on 06-12-2005 at 06:54 PM

Ok thanks

RE: Msn Conversations by Nathan on 06-12-2005 at 06:58 PM

But the only problem is that if you did then you wouldn tbe able to see any other emoticons :'(

RE: RE: Msn Conversations by Anubis on 06-12-2005 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
But the only problem is that if you did then you wouldn tbe able to see any other emoticons :'(

If you do follow Matty's advice you will not be able to see any custom emoticon, but standard emoticons can still be used.
RE: RE: Msn Conversations by sn1p3r on 06-12-2005 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
Yup they are custom emoticons, and everybody seems to have the same as when they add them they do not change the shorcut to them.

That is so true, and god damn annoying too >.< so many people have the custom emoticons to replace words and letters and at times it makes sentances so hard to read. So many people are just right clicking on other peoples emoticons, choosing add, then wondering why they come up when something is typed. I know so many people with this problem. I had to help my sister and my mate fix this.
RE: Msn Conversations by TylerG on 06-15-2005 at 12:55 AM

Everytime I disable custom emoticons.  It happens again, and then when I go to personal settings it the box is checked even though I unchecked it 5 seconds ago....  Any suggestions?