Shoutbox

[Idea+Support] Changing names of contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [Idea+Support] Changing names of contacts (/showthread.php?tid=46100)

[Idea+Support] Changing names of contacts by OnegaiNL on 06-10-2005 at 09:35 PM

Well i changed the names so it has (-) or (+) in front of their names

(+) has Messenger Plus
(-) doesn't have Messenger Plus

anyways when you minimize the chat window it says '- - Conversation' it doesn't say the full name anymore.

Idea:
Maybe an option that shows if a person has Messenger Plus or not, maybe in the chat window.

Maybe a little image that shows the MsgPlus logo.

Normal logo = has Messenger Plus
Logo with red stripes = no Messenger Plus

RE: [Idea+Support] Changing names of contacts by Val on 06-10-2005 at 10:13 PM

Or you could try renaming the contacts so that they have shorter names and maybe your taskbar is too small

RE: [Idea+Support] Changing names of contacts by Patchou on 06-11-2005 at 01:34 AM

I unfortunately cannot add a feature that checks if Plus! is installed or not, some people would see this as some sort of "spyware" activity (believe it or not) and I don't need this :).

RE: RE: [Idea+Support] Changing names of contacts by OnegaiNL on 06-11-2005 at 01:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I unfortunately cannot add a feature that checks if Plus! is installed or not, some people would see this as some sort of "spyware" activity (believe it or not) and I don't need this :).

Well how about they can check an option if they want that or not in the preferences?

Like the /ping feature
RE: [Idea+Support] Changing names of contacts by rav0 on 06-11-2005 at 05:54 AM

How about an option to show whether the contact has Messenger Plus!, doesn't have it, or the status is unknown. I don't mean build in a checker, just an easy way to check the information that Messenger Plus! already has, either from recieving commands from the contact, or the ping command.