Shoutbox

contact music - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: contact music (/showthread.php?tid=46120)

contact music by super-schaf on 06-11-2005 at 09:07 AM

i have a idea that the name of what im listning to you could put a mp3,wma... in a box on your contact card and other peaple can listen to that.

RE: contact music by Purity on 06-11-2005 at 09:09 AM

Hmmm, like stream from computer to computer, I'd like that idea but im sure there would be something from stopping it being developed...8-)

RE: contact music by super-schaf on 06-11-2005 at 09:11 AM

well like what would stop it?

RE: contact music by Purity on 06-11-2005 at 09:14 AM

Probably programmer lazyness...or not being able to edit contact card....bandwidth? i unno some lame stuff like that. O.o

RE: contact music by super-schaf on 06-11-2005 at 09:18 AM

well programmer lazyness does not occour with dempseyand most others.you could edit the contact card like the paple from mess did it with there mess patch and the bandwidth cant be changed so i guess your rite ;-)

RE: contact music by (CyBeRDuDe) on 06-11-2005 at 10:02 AM

Until now we cannot change the contact card... AFAIK... The mess patch can only do a few changes beacuse it just changes some small things in the resource file of msn messenger.. that's why it's a patch.. there is nothing extra in it... All it does is do a few small modification to the .exe file so that those buttons will hide (they are not really hidden, the code that creates them are just removed so they are never created...)...

IT would be possible to make some kinda of streaming thingy.... And this has been a suggestion that has been suggested several times... Well... I'd not do it.. but maybe some other programmer might want to.. But i'm just wondering... If you use Winamp why not just use a shoutcast prodcaster(or there is properly many other "radio" prodcasters?).. and people can just acess you streaming "radio" that way instead?.. would give the exact same result...

RE: contact music by Purity on 06-11-2005 at 10:05 AM

would be better integrated into msn messenger. :sad:

RE: contact music by absorbation on 06-11-2005 at 10:06 AM

Dempsey is a bit busy at the moment with college work :S He will not work on anything until it's done :P But i like the idea :p

RE: contact music by King For A Day on 06-11-2005 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by super-schaf
well programmer lazyness does not occour with dempseyand most others.you could edit the contact card like the paple from mess did it with there mess patch and the bandwidth cant be changed so i guess your rite ;-)
u mean with the patch? they just removed buttons didnt they?

but i cool idea