Shoutbox

How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! (/showthread.php?tid=46122)

How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by vespa125 on 06-11-2005 at 09:53 AM

[font=Arial][size=2][color=black]
How do you change the colour of your name on msn messenger 7. I have got Messenger Plus 3 and some contacts who have colour in their name and i would like to no how to do it.  Thankyou

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by Tochjo on 06-11-2005 at 09:56 AM

To use colour in your name, just open a conversation window, type /nick and a space and press ctrl-k. Then click the colour you want, type your name and press enter. If you want to use multiple colours, just use ctrl-k in your name multiple times, right before where you want the colour to show up. Take a look at the following example:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=280893]

Additionally, you can also take a look at http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=contactlist-colors :)

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by Nathan on 06-11-2005 at 11:01 AM

How would you make uyour name multi coulored. Not Like this
But when they fade togeather?

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by haydos on 06-11-2005 at 01:45 PM

You can get Colornick II, a plug-in to get fading/coloured nicks here :)

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by Nathan on 06-11-2005 at 02:44 PM

I no I've got that but i mean multicolered which is more than two colours

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by SPREY on 07-18-2005 at 09:11 AM

i did all that and it came up with etc .. sorry your nickname couldnt be changed to
: .$12.0 any help???

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by brian on 07-18-2005 at 11:02 AM

As far as I know, that is because the nickname you created was too long.  Try to shorten, or try making a colored one with 'Hello' only, and see if it works.

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by SPREY on 07-19-2005 at 02:33 AM

hey thx a lot i figured it out i played around for a while and got it thx all :D:D

How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by wendyzusy on 07-19-2005 at 05:25 AM

i cant put colors in my nick name i have tried almost everything cuold you help me please?

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by Tochjo on 07-19-2005 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wendyzusy
i cant put colors in my nick name i have tried almost everything cuold you help me please?
Please read my post above; it contains detailed instructions on how to do it. If it still doesn't work for you then, please explain in great detail what the problem is you are experiencing, i.e. exact errors that come up :)
RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by hanza131992 on 11-17-2005 at 07:04 PM

dos any 1 no how 2 change the color of there msn name if u do plz tell me     xxx

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by kierant on 11-17-2005 at 07:16 PM

It's explained in this post ^o)

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by daved2424 on 11-20-2005 at 04:08 PM

The only problem with using features like this, is that non-messenger plus users see lots of other characters instead of the formatting. Is there a work around for this?

RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by matty on 11-20-2005 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daved2424
The only problem with using features like this, is that non-messenger plus users see lots of other characters instead of the formatting. Is there a work around for this?
Yes tell them to download Plus! as well. Other then that no there isn't. Plus! formats the codes into colours and if they don't have it well it shows as numbers.
RE: RE: How do you change the colour of you display name. Plz HelpQ!!! by 99scollings on 07-09-2006 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
To use colour in your name, just open a conversation window, type /nick and a space and press ctrl-k. Then click the colour you want, type your name and press enter. If you want to use multiple colours, just use ctrl-k in your name multiple times, right before where you want the colour to show up. Take a look at the following example:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=280893]

Additionally, you can also take a look at http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=contactlist-colors :)

Won't this just change the colour of your name for as long as you are having a conversation with that person? Also, won't it only be visible with the person in that convo (assuming they also have Messenger Plus!)?