Shoutbox

BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! (/showthread.php?tid=46125)

BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by stevenfish on 06-11-2005 at 10:34 AM

Messenger Plus can't check the gmail pop3

I set
mail address:??????@gmail.com (?????? is my mail name)
server:pop.gmail.com

and I'm sure the account and password is right

because gmail need SSL connect,so I set the SSL check box true,and the port changed to 995

I pressed the test button,but it showed me an error message about can't connect the server?!

Is something wrong in my setting?
Any other one can use the MsgPlus to check gmail?

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by user27089 on 06-11-2005 at 10:36 AM

Have you changed the pop settings in the gmail.com settings area, www.gmail.com.

Press "Settings", then press "Forwarding and POP" and change the "POP downloading" area accordingly.

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by Eljay on 06-11-2005 at 10:37 AM

try it without the @gmail.com

if that doesnt work log into gmail in your browser and go to "Settings > Forwarding and POP" and make sure POP is enabled

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by King For A Day on 06-11-2005 at 10:40 AM

i thought that although you could do it it doesnt work properly becuase it always tells you about emails you have had

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by Eljay on 06-11-2005 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
i thought that although you could do it it doesnt work properly becuase it always tells you about emails you have had

it doesnt work properly youre right but that isnt the problem, the problem is with connecting in this case
RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by stevenfish on 06-11-2005 at 10:51 AM

but I can check the gmail by Outlook Express!!!!!!

And I can use MsgPlus to connect other mailbox except Gmail?

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by Sunshine on 06-11-2005 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stevenfish
Messenger Plus can't check the gmail pop3

I set
mail address:??????@gmail.com (?????? is my mail name)
server: pop.gmail.com

and I'm sure the account and password is right

because gmail need SSL connect,so I set the SSL check box true,and the port changed to 995

I pressed the test button,but it showed me an error message about can't connect the server?!

Is something wrong in my setting?
Any other one can use the MsgPlus to check gmail?
Crosschecked it with how i have it set up, looks alright to me. I think you forgot to enable pop3 in your gmail account as Traxor already said:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=478075]

Also read MsgPlus! 3.5 Pop3 Gmail Limitations.

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by stevenfish on 06-11-2005 at 01:31 PM

But I have already enable it,I can download mail by Outlook Express!!!

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by Eljay on 06-11-2005 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
try it without the @gmail.com

did you try that?
RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by stevenfish on 06-11-2005 at 02:19 PM

I have try other mail box,all ok
but other mail box is not support SSL.I think MsgPlus may be got something wrong in SSL mode???

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by Eljay on 06-11-2005 at 02:26 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=478157]

thats my setup and it works fine

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by Sunshine on 06-11-2005 at 02:30 PM

I have it set up exactly the same, only difference is i don't download it to Outlook and it works fine.

One last thing i can think of that might cause this: did you tell Gmail to keep a copy in the inbox (see pic in my previous post under "forwarding")? If you let Gmail remove it after forwarding then yeah..ofcourse plus! can't read it..there's no mail on the server anymore.

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by songmei on 07-18-2005 at 02:37 AM

I have reset as what you are mentions, and login to the gmail reset "enable pop3 service", remain the sam error.

"unable to connect to server"

:(

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by yukaili on 07-18-2005 at 04:51 PM

You might have forgot to put gmail.com at the end of your username.

RE: RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by beenut on 08-19-2005 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by songmei
I have reset as what you are mentions, and login to the gmail reset "enable pop3 service", remain the sam error.

"unable to connect to server"

:(

You're not alone. I am experiencing the exact same problem. I've read the whole thread and tried all different possible configurations but to no avail.
RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by mwe99 on 08-19-2005 at 10:40 PM

Check ur password and username, you'd be surprised how many errors are made from a typo

RE: BUG:cann''t check the GMail pop3 mail!!! by rav0 on 09-03-2005 at 03:26 AM

Do you run a firewall? if so, make sure that you allow Messenger Plus! access to the internet on port 995.