Shoutbox

advice on design pricing. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: advice on design pricing. (/showthread.php?tid=46131)

advice on design pricing. by PenguinBoy on 06-11-2005 at 02:00 PM

hidy hey, i was wondering if anyone here would know what it would cos to have a proffessionally designed flash website and a html website including graphics.

because in a couple of weeks i'm holding a meeting with a band who want me to design the code and graphics for new website, it's going to be very high quality and is going to include downloadable promotional extras, mailing list, streaming, and loads of really cool stuff.

what i really want to know is how to go about charging them, i think i need to make a contract and i'm thinking of them paying me half before, and half after. I really have verry little idea what my fee should be... can anyone help?

thankyou

- here's the online portfolio which i've just started... http://www.PenguinBoy.esmartdesign.com

RE: advice on design pricing. by absorbation on 06-11-2005 at 03:24 PM

Well you could do it for £100 odd or payed slowly because your design is good. However i'm trying to learn myself and shoon i hope i'll be out of ifrmaes :$ and into css :P

RE: advice on design pricing. by PenguinBoy on 06-11-2005 at 03:44 PM

cool stuff, i think big companies charge about 20 squids an hour. So i think i better do some maths, and see if i can guess how much they're going to offer. I'll need to do some chatting with my uncle (big ass solicitor :))bout writing a contract. and good luck with ur web design. css is allot easier than you are lead to think, personally i find the best way to learn is to mutilate someone elses website and slowly try to personalise it and try to work out how one thing is linked to another. And u can see the instant effect in the final product of changing any of the code.

RE: advice on design pricing. by Dempsey on 06-11-2005 at 03:51 PM

Big companies charge thousands of pounds per site, but it depends on the amount of work involved and if you're just designing it or going to be maintaining it as well

RE: advice on design pricing. by PenguinBoy on 06-11-2005 at 03:55 PM

yeah there is going to be loads of work involved, i'm designing absolutely everything about it, it's more of an image makover. But the website is the hardest bit. And there will be maintenance involved too.

RE: advice on design pricing. by user27089 on 06-11-2005 at 04:02 PM

I would definitely say charge around £95 - £150 for the website.

If it's everything...

£250.

RE: advice on design pricing. by King For A Day on 06-11-2005 at 04:03 PM

i thouhttyou wanted to buy a design oops ignore my pm

RE: advice on design pricing. by PenguinBoy on 06-11-2005 at 05:45 PM

lol ok