Shoutbox

WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features (/showthread.php?tid=46140)

WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by etiennea on 06-11-2005 at 05:38 PM

We have chosen the domain for my webmessenger (see previous threads)
yes it will be MMclient.com
i have added a few features from its predecessor but it is still inbeta phase
Many more features and improvements are to come check regularly to see the changes
graphics especially are needed since i have developed a skining system it will soon look completelly different

so go test it at http://mmclient.com ideas etc are welcome and please post each time you encounter a bug
this site will be active soon if it is not yet you can check the development server here

thanks a load

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by thc2010 on 06-11-2005 at 06:11 PM

nice, Im wondering if you can send me a sourcecode for that. Heres my eMessenger Version of it:

http://idrops.95mb.com/webmsn/emes.htm
this is only scratch try out. I just wanted to see if the sourcecodes I pulled out from eMessenger worked or not. The templaits however is an original creation. Visit: http://www.idrops.tk  for more info

its still not done, im looking forward into your reply hopyfully we can come into some sort of agreement if you decide not to help me.

Visit http://www.idrops.tk if you want to be a part of my web project for 2006

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by etiennea on 06-12-2005 at 09:37 AM

sorry source code is definatelly not open source just yet

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by thc2010 on 06-12-2005 at 02:15 PM

thats ok... i guess ill have to do it the hard way and extract the source codes my self >:P

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by -dt- on 06-12-2005 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thc2010

thats ok... i guess ill have to do it the hard way and extract the source codes my self >
[Image: xso_undecided.gif] how by hacking the server?

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Jhrono on 06-12-2005 at 02:24 PM

Man the script is good but ur needing a bit of web design on the site:P

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Dempsey on 06-12-2005 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
Man the script is good but ur needing a bit of web design on the site:P
yea thats next on the todo list, getting someone to come up with some nice graphics etc to improve the look
RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by mwe99 on 06-12-2005 at 03:18 PM

i still feel :dodgy: giving my password and stuff out though :( assure me its safe lol

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Dempsey on 06-12-2005 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
i still feel :dodgy: giving my password and stuff out though :( assure me its safe lol
What else do you want us to do/say to assure you?
RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by mwe99 on 06-12-2005 at 03:25 PM

i dont know lol, im just iffy about should i sign in lol im paranoid about my password but i dunno why lol - its probably me just being stupid lol

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Dempsey on 06-12-2005 at 03:31 PM

quote:
i dont know lol, im just iffy about should i sign in lol im paranoid about my password but i dunno why lol - its probably me just being stupid lol
yea i can see what you mean, it doesnt look as professional as it could, so tell us how to improve it etc
RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by mwe99 on 06-12-2005 at 03:42 PM

maybe include a disclaimer at the bottom kinda like a privacy policy etc 'we will not record your passwords' blah blah blah etc

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Dempsey on 06-12-2005 at 03:42 PM

quote:
maybe include a disclaimer at the bottom kinda like a privacy policy etc 'we will not record your passwords' blah blah blah etc
yea good (i) we'll add that
RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by mwe99 on 06-12-2005 at 03:45 PM

in regards to the appearance um..

i know you used the google adsense program thingie, but how about a intro page that has the ads and disclaimer on and like a link to say "click here to start" etc :S lol

and the black is a bit :dodgy: maybe change to a light blue but just a suggestion

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by albert on 06-12-2005 at 03:56 PM

quote:

lol no im still feeling that way too.. I think in general its the web site design thats making me doubt this..
RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by ayjay on 06-12-2005 at 05:35 PM

Is the site supposed to be not working? :P

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by etiennea on 06-12-2005 at 05:47 PM

the site will be working soon i hope
the client can be teste here
i have made 3 different skins but they work on 3 different protocols i need you people (testers!!) to help me find bugs and find out which protocol is the most stable and cross browser compatible
i have update the client to work on MSNP10 which leaves room for expantion of features

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by sn1p3r on 06-12-2005 at 06:58 PM

Overall this is a pretty good Web Messenger, and it works in school :D The only problems i noticed were when trying to delete someone they wouldn't get deleted and sometimes it would lag when logging in or out or crash.

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by thc2010 on 06-12-2005 at 11:15 PM

no, why hack a server.. lol thats going too far for something that can be done easily.

HAHAHA thats like jumping and climbing up a fence when you can just open the door.

That source code for my iDrops eMessenger was ripped from eMessenger it self. I just modified the script to route the data to go to thier server so i didnt have to modify a 2 day work of scripting.

Samething can be done for his website. I just bothered to ask because Its easyer to ask and be given a source code than to steal it.

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by matty on 06-13-2005 at 12:36 AM

You guys should change the way you pass the password a long. Using it like ?email=johndoe@hotmail.com&password=thissucks&status=NLN

It should be posting the password and email because you record it with a firewall or proxy or check your history... not safe...

Also for me, my contact list never shows up but everything else does...

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Striker on 06-13-2005 at 12:57 AM

people actually use a web messenger other than microsofts? for msn..

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by thc2010 on 06-13-2005 at 01:51 AM

yes, if you go to school, and your school isnt poor, then they can spend a few bucks on a software that prevents you from accesing msn messenger. or even installing it.

Ive tryed using Knopix but they're actualy smart enough to make the the comp boot HD first. And im not gona fucking open up a COmputer tower in the library to take off the Cmos batery to reset the Cmos Password (yes they locked the Bios & Cmos Settings)

So I tryed going to eMessenger... but thier website was blocked by the School Administrator.... so I figgured, i may as well make or mirror eMessenger.

And thats when I came to this:

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Striker on 06-13-2005 at 06:19 AM

thats scary
im with mwe99 on this one.. i wont be signing in like that
its to easy for any joe blow to fake a website like that. then bam they have your email addy and password :/
i'd only use the web messenger that msn has..

unless of course its you who made it .. lol...

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by leito on 06-13-2005 at 06:35 AM

Well I think, the idea of a new Web Messenger is ok, but you are doing exactly the same thing eMessenger, msn2go, webmessenger is doing.. you should try new things... like a good client for mobile devices... i don't know....

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Dempsey on 06-13-2005 at 08:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by leito
Well I think, the idea of a new Web Messenger is ok, but you are doing exactly the same thing eMessenger, msn2go, webmessenger is doing.. you should try new things... like a good client for mobile devices... i don't know....
we are going to be adding new features, this is still an easrly version.  It already has tabbed conversations and contact aliases.

Support for Plus! colour codes and formatting is on the todo list.
RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Nathan on 06-13-2005 at 08:38 AM

This web messenger is soooo kool. Im at my school now! and it works. I can go on to msn thatnks to your site!!

RE: RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by etiennea on 06-13-2005 at 09:19 AM

for the moment my script is in development new features are being added everyday i dont think you can steal the script in that way cos there is a server ip checker on the protocol file all the other files arevery simple and uninteresting coding

quote:

And thats when I came to this:

you do not have the sourcecode you cannot add features and personalise it etc
all you are doing is making a form which links to the emessenger server most firewalls will detect that easily

quote:
Originally posted by Striker
people actually use a web messenger other than microsofts? for msn..

msn's one is crap i think millions of lines of code and the same result as my 2000 or so lines ok its a bit more secure etc but the interface is really boring

by the way guys my messenger is now firefox compatible (i fixed the tabs problem)

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
You guys should change the way you pass the password a long. Using it like ?email=johndoe@hotmail.com&password=thissucks&status=NLN

Also for me, my contact list never shows up but everything else does...

yes soon the password will be encripted before it is passed a long but its not easy coding and its taking time sorry soon i promise!!

it will appear once one of your contact signs in this is a minor bug i had forgotten about that i ll see what i can do

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Eljay on 06-13-2005 at 09:51 AM

if it helps for the msgplus colors i have a big list of all the hex colors in php :P

dempsey: ask me on msn if you want it ;)

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Dempsey on 06-13-2005 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
if it helps for the msgplus colors i have a big list of all the hex colors in php :P

dempsey: ask me on msn if you want it ;)
yea i was gonna ask you for that to save me some time :p

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by thc2010 on 06-13-2005 at 12:31 PM

etiennea said:

for the moment my script is in development new features are
being added everyday i dont think you can steal the script in that way cos there is a server ip checker on the protocol file all the other files arevery simple and uninteresting coding
=============
Reply: I already have the source codes ill post it in a Zip File Once I upload them to the server.

etiennea Said:
you do not have the sourcecode you cannot add features and personalise it etc
all you are doing is making a form which links to the emessenger server most firewalls will detect that easily
===============
Reply:

Actualy I do... THeres just too much Crap I have to change to personalise it, so I only changed that part to test out and see it it'll work. (your should read all my posts before posting something ive already answered before.

[EDIT]
Also, mine isnt a Fake... its more like a mirror to eMessenge (if your school has blocked eMessenger, or MSn's official webmessenger) - Wich is why i bothered not to spend 2 days editing the scripts. Its a waste of time if I just wanna mirror sumthing so I can use msn at school.

leito... I made my eMessenger cuz my school has blocked eMessenger Msn2Go etc... I don't know about the other 2 though, but mine isnt realy supost to be a public website. The URL I gave is just a script test to see if the theme would properly work on all the computers at school.

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by etiennea on 06-14-2005 at 12:24 PM

hey i have just forwarded mmclient.com to my dev server
i will do it all properly when i come back i am off for 6 day
i am going surfing

keep using it

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by etiennea on 06-22-2005 at 12:26 PM

i v come back from surfing
and i am working on it a bit
i am currently extracting the style caracteristics into a seperate file
next few steps are display pics and plus! tags
but that might just have to wait till a rainy day

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Dempsey on 06-22-2005 at 05:34 PM

Yea the next things to be worked on are optimzing code and seperating style tags into stylesheets and javascripts into external files.

Then work will start of adding support for Plus! colour and formatting tags  :)

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by ayjay on 06-22-2005 at 05:55 PM

I always use this at school because it's the only one I can find that isn't blocked lol.

Seems a stupid request, but could you remove MSN from the page title so when it's minimised, it isn't obvious when the teacher walks past? At the minute, I've had to create a page with an iframe but then when it launches the actual clienty thing, it still shows anyway :P

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by Dempsey on 06-22-2005 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
I always use this at school because it's the only one I can find that isn't blocked lol.

Seems a stupid request, but could you remove MSN from the page title so when it's minimised, it isn't obvious when the teacher walks past? At the minute, I've had to create a page with an iframe but then when it launches the actual clienty thing, it still shows anyway :P
yea thats a good idea actually, and some filtering systems may block it with MSN in the title too.
RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by ~INVASION~ on 06-22-2005 at 07:37 PM

i love it works awesome one thing tho ive noticed for me...loads up each individual 1 by 1 on IE and sometimes just crashes for no reason,crashed on firefox when accidently clicked on search.

also do u think theirs anyway to be able to make longer names in the futur, right now its only like about 20 characters ?

thats all for now

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by DJHasis on 06-23-2005 at 12:11 PM

quote:
www.etiennea.webhostfree.net could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

Damn, I can't use the webmessenger cause every time I push Launch my Firefox says that host not found. :(

Suggestion: Would be nice if the clients sites every block would be light blue like the top-bar or there will be a possibility of changing the colors of the site.
Would also be nice that there will be a somekind of background-color so that the blocks wouldn't look ugly and the ads wouldn't make the style more horrible. :P

EDIT:

I don't know what was the problem but know it works

Another suggestion: Would also be nice that when you push the refresh-button in the browser the username-field would be blank if you have writed a name to that field.
RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by -dt- on 06-23-2005 at 12:25 PM

hmm another idea could be a wysiwyg editor? with auto emotcion compleating eg you type :) and it turns into :)
and shows color and stuff?
(not that hard with javascript for firefox/mozilla/camino look up "midas rich text editor" which is the native editor for those , i have not a clue about what the opera one is or what the ie one is scince I dont devolop for them)

RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by DJHasis on 06-23-2005 at 12:45 PM

I found a little cosmetic bug in the client when using Black -ssl- theme and Firefox.

When loading a conversation-window in full screen the background-image and google-searchbar are at the center of the screen but everything else are at the left side of the screen. :S

Would be nice if everything will be centered so it would look a bit nicer and there would be a send-button so that everyone would know how to send messages. :D

RE: RE: WEBmessenger domain chosen im working on new features by etiennea on 06-24-2005 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJHasis
I found a little cosmetic bug in the client when using Black -ssl- theme and Firefox.

When loading a conversation-window in full screen the background-image and google-searchbar are at the center of the screen but everything else are at the left side of the screen. :S

Would be nice if everything will be centered so it would look a bit nicer and there would be a send-button so that everyone would know how to send messages. :D

this has been fixed as well as serveal other bugs
altough you cant see it i have made huge structural changes to the code
i have decided to only use the black protocol and so for the moment there is a white plain theme and an experimental blue
the server has been down a bit which is curious i will have to ask dempsey why this is strange for it has happened as i put the new version of the script on his server before the script was running of an other server

if anybody know where i can find documentation on how i could handle display pics in my webmessenger please help me