Shoutbox

your connection with the messenger service has been lost - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: your connection with the messenger service has been lost (/showthread.php?tid=46143)

your connection with the messenger service has been lost by rix on 06-11-2005 at 06:14 PM

Posting one user's problem:
"Im using MSN Messenger 7.0.0813 and always after signing in Messenger gives error:
your connection with the messenger service has been lost. reconnecting in 0:10
And then it starts counting and signs out and then signs in again and then it gives this error again."

So, could firewall be one of the reasons?

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by Anubis on 06-11-2005 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
So, could firewall be one of the reasons?
Indeed, try to sign in without it, I wouldn't recomened disableing it as a permanant fix though. If it works you know it's a problem with the firewall.

Also you could try uninstalling MSN Messenger (Start > Control Panel > Add\Remove Programs > MSN Messenger > Change\Remove) then reboot your computer and download and install it again.

Is your version of MSN Messenger patched in anyway?
RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by michael_m91 on 07-05-2005 at 12:45 AM

i know this died down a bit already but i have the same problem.

I know that if your talking to someone all of a sudden it says it couldnt deliver the message then signs out.

This problem started after my dad updated our router (Which a router sort of acts as a firewall if you think about it)

By the way i cant change our settings on the router so thats out of the question

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by Lou on 07-05-2005 at 01:51 AM

I think I found a fix for this...I used to have that problem and then I changed my email and passport to my gmail account and I no longer have that problem...and there is also msnserversx that can help....search and Im sure youll find it....

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by michael_m91 on 07-14-2005 at 06:19 AM

Gmail didnt work for me after i tried it.

I think it does half to do with your firewall. Get the user to try webmessenger

http://webmessenger.msn.com
It works for me.

Notes about msn messenger signing you out:
1.It happens alot when you first start the conversation (Are the first to send the message)
2. One factor seems to be if the other person closed their window
3.Msn somtimes hates you and signs you out right when the most important person ever is about to ask you an important question

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by michael_m91 on 07-28-2005 at 06:44 AM

Im sick of webmessenger now, im sorry for double posting but i want this bumped...

Im sick of msn signing me out for no reason, i've sent at least 5 emails to hotmail they havent helped at all, and i just want it fixed, can anyone help me

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by Jessica on 07-28-2005 at 05:37 PM

Mine did that until I figured out it wasn't MSN at all.. It was our cable modem which was 5 years old at the time. So we got it replaced, now I only get "your connection has been lost" when the cable goes down during thunderstorms. So you might wanna check your modem or router.

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by michael_m91 on 07-28-2005 at 10:52 PM

lol, one of my friends has the same problem and she has a cable modem, i'll tell her that.

But i have DSL, and a router though which for me was never a problem with msn until a few months ago

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by _xanix_ on 04-14-2006 at 08:23 AM

i have a similar problem n its SO BLOODY ANNOYING
i keep getting the "connection has been lost" msg n it tries to sign back in but the connection doesn't hold!!!
its only on one computer and for one account!!!
i diasbled norton n it still doesn't work...
i have a cable that conected directly to the comp and its pretti new. wat should i do??? HELP!!!!!!!!

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by michael_m91 on 05-25-2006 at 04:16 AM

hmm also try disabling your firewall. i know it wont work, cus it never worked for me but try anyways

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by randomk8s on 04-03-2007 at 10:38 PM

this is the most annoying problem i have ever had! im on msn and suddenly a pop up comes up saying this message failed to deliver to so and so... then messenger signs me out.. this happens every 5 minutes. saying your connection with .net has been lost...

please please tell me what to do to fix this!!! im not good with computers so much but know the basics..

i will be so grateful for anyone that could help me :)

my friends are on the verge of killing me coz i sign out so much!

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by randomk8s on 04-03-2007 at 10:48 PM

i have just created a new hotmail account, perhaps this will help?
i will let you know on my success

cheers

nope its still being annoying.. any ideas?

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by xx00xx on 09-15-2008 at 09:26 PM

just for everyone ....if anyone comes here after a long time ,,,its not your MSN it is defenetely your router or firewall resp. part of your firewall (MSN AOL ICQ etc... add on protection)... /

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by akthar2k on 10-15-2008 at 04:08 PM

Guys! someone help me how to resolve this issue, the MSN messanger disconnects in every 2min and reconnects automatically. Pls:D

RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by coagmano on 02-08-2010 at 11:12 AM

I've had this problem for awhile and couldn't even stay signed in with appear offline set.

To fix it I:
1. went to the web page for the groups i was part of and
2. opened the group options page
3. deleted the groups i 'owned' and left the groups i was a member of.

After removing my groups the problem was solved.
Hope this helps somebody.

RE: RE: your connection with the messenger service has been lost by Elixis on 03-02-2012 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coagmano
I've had this problem for awhile and couldn't even stay signed in with appear offline set.

To fix it I:
1. went to the web page for the groups i was part of and
2. opened the group options page
3. deleted the groups i 'owned' and left the groups i was a member of.

After removing my groups the problem was solved.
Hope this helps somebody.

Dude you rock!! It's been 2 days i've been kicked out of MSN and looked everywhere to fix it. Everyone says to check router/FW but my other email would sign in fine so I knew it wasn't that.

This was my last try and I only had one group but it was one i was a part of and not created by me so I removed it anyways..  and tada I signed in no problem!! Thx dude, I woulda NEVER thought of removing a group as the fix!