Shoutbox

keeping events logged - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: keeping events logged (/showthread.php?tid=46159)

keeping events logged by albeedoo on 06-12-2005 at 02:27 AM

Hi ive been having a problem since this last new update of msgplus. each time i go into the preferences and click "display events in a window" it works, however most times when i restart msn, that box is unchecked again and i find it annoying having to recheck that box each time to log events. Ive tried clicking "apply" and "save changes" and it still doesnt work, and as ive said, only started recently when i updated msgplus. has this happend to anyone else before or is ther anythin to do to fix this?

thanks in advance

RE: keeping events logged by albeedoo on 06-17-2005 at 03:33 PM

anyone?

RE: keeping events logged by absorbation on 06-17-2005 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albeedoo

anyone?

First don't double post and second i cant really undertand what you are asking for could you explain it better :P
RE: keeping events logged by Plik on 06-17-2005 at 03:41 PM

You can just go to the plus menu in the contact list and click "Event log window" to show the window. Insted of going into preferences and checking the option.
And the events should still be loged when the window is closed and you can just used the menu option to show the window.

RE: keeping events logged by absorbation on 06-17-2005 at 03:44 PM

To view the whole logs which are saved where you want them to click click the file and open with a IE or firefox even notpad to see all your logs from the past ;)

Can you view the event logs by going to this:

[Image: sdf4lq.th.png]

RE: keeping events logged by albeedoo on 06-17-2005 at 03:48 PM

i realise that but each time i restart msn the events arent automatically logged because that option in the preferences becomes unchecked each time.

RE: keeping events logged by absorbation on 06-17-2005 at 03:54 PM

Oh that's a bug then :S What version of msn and plus! are you using?

Also sign out of msn instead of closing it when new changes are made. That works for me :P

RE: keeping events logged by albeedoo on 06-17-2005 at 03:57 PM

im using msn version 7.0.0183 and plus! version 3.54.132. ill try what you suggested and see how that goes. thanks

RE: keeping events logged by joris12 on 06-27-2005 at 08:01 AM

same problem here,
had the bug for a while, but since i use "Hibernation" a lot, it is not a huge problem.
Everytime i do restart, I have to open up the Event Log window once before it starts logging events...
Afterwards I can close it, and it will work fine, logging events from then on.

MSN  7.0.0813 (also occured with msn 6)
Plus! 3.54.132 (also occured with previous versions, I believe from 3.xx, not sure though)