Shoutbox

A FF7 remake for PS3? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: A FF7 remake for PS3? (/showthread.php?tid=46165)

A FF7 remake for PS3? by YottabyteWizard on 06-12-2005 at 06:57 AM

Aparently, Square Enix don't have enough making ff7:ac, as they released a tech demo for testing purposes for the PS3.

Here's the info:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/preview_6124979.html

It's amazing the power of the PS3, but i think all of us, the ff fans want a RM for this game.... I hope they do it.

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by Eljay on 06-12-2005 at 07:01 AM

i sure hope so, but i hope they dont make it like the more recent FFs coz they suck :P

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by YottabyteWizard on 06-12-2005 at 07:07 AM

I liked them, except for FF8 it truly sucks, the magic... its like playing yugioh :@, FF9 it's kinda boring after CD2 but before that its pretty cool, i also liked the return of the black mages, dragoons, etc., and ffX & ffx-2.... very nice graphics, but its not a "medieval" game anymore.... exp pnt system very weird.... and for the first time NO WORLD MAP :'(. It's going to be very difficult for another FF to bypass FF7 the story line is perfect.

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by Hybrid on 06-12-2005 at 07:41 AM

I think its a great idea to bring Final Fantasy 7 to the PSP. New & improved

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by Anubis on 06-12-2005 at 07:55 AM

I've heard about this before; They remade some parts of the game using PS3 tech, just to allow people to relate to the higher power of the PS3. There are no plans to remake the game, just to remake bits to use for display only.

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by Reaper on 06-12-2005 at 07:07 PM

i cant wait for ff12 :D i played all the ffs (starting from 7) 9 is my fave :P

is a remake for ff7 does come im sure as hell gonna buy it

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by Y2Pdogg on 06-12-2005 at 08:27 PM

I've played all the FFs from 1-10 (haven't played 11 yet) and 3 and 7 are easily my favs and I would love for a remake of 7 as it was just a great game.

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by YottabyteWizard on 06-12-2005 at 09:33 PM

Me too, I would love a remake.... just looking at that video, i was like :|.

I've all the FFs from 1 to 9 (because i stopped buying consoles when ps2 came out), but no one like ff7. I hate when gaming companies just give us wings and say "Maybe we won't do it" :@

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by Chrono on 06-12-2005 at 09:35 PM

yeah it would be nice, ff7 rocks :D

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I've heard about this before; They remade some parts of the game using PS3 tech, just to allow people to relate to the higher power of the PS3. There are no plans to remake the game, just to remake bits to use for display only.
aww :(

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
liked them, except for FF8 it truly sucks, the magic... its like playing yugioh , FF9 it's kinda boring after CD2 but before that its pretty cool, i also liked the return of the black mages, dragoons, etc., and ffX & ffx-2.... very nice graphics, but its not a "medieval" game anymore.... exp pnt system very weird.... and for the first time NO WORLD MAP . It's going to be very difficult for another FF to bypass FF7 the story line is perfect.
heh, ff7 was the greatest. i agree that ff8 wasnt that good, it was WAY TOO EASY :(, you didnt need to use magic nor GFs at all, that really sucked, using Aura over squall all the time to use the lion heart :lol: And the final boss was pretty easy too 8-)
FF9 sucked completely, even more than ff8 :P i liked that you could play with 4 characters in a battle, that was a cool addition, but the story was crap, i always thought that they made the game in a rush, even the music sucked, which is not something common in square games :undecided:.
RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by Jhrono on 06-12-2005 at 09:48 PM

I spent hours and hours + hours playing FFVII in my brothers Pentium 3(i guess) 266Mhz :D...
Meh i loved it :D...

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by paperless on 06-12-2005 at 09:53 PM

Theres FF for PC? :O

Anyway i havent played much FF but i hope when i get a PSP to buy it ebcause i lvoe RPGS and everyone says FF rocks so...

But i think they shouldnt remake FF7 for PS3 but mke one from the scratch.

RE: A FF7 remake for PS3? by YottabyteWizard on 06-12-2005 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
I spent hours and hours + hours playing FFVII in my brothers Pentium 3(i guess) 266Mhz :D...
Meh i loved it :D...

There wasn't a P3 of 266 MHz, it must be a P2.

FF7 PC version rocks! i tried to get FF8 but never found it again, and i expected new FF releases... no more... :'(

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Theres FF for PC? :O

Yeah, I have it, the graphics looks much way better in PC, and there's a crack to let the game use the full-power of 3D cards. I have a GeForce4 MX440 at it looks awesome at 640x480 resolution. Unlimited saving slots.