Shoutbox

Gfx card - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Gfx card (/showthread.php?tid=46192)

Gfx card by Jhrono on 06-12-2005 at 05:45 PM

Ok i need to know a good gfx card, for gaming, with a max 300 € price(~360$)...
Dont answer me with geeky numbers and gfx card things..just give me a good one:P

RE: Gfx card by CookieRevised on 06-12-2005 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
Ok i need to know a good gfx card, for gaming, with a max 300 € price(~360$)...
Why don't you Google it? There are thousands of graphic cards, and graphic cards are sold for different prices in each country (and even stores sell them with different prices).

Just go to your local shops in/near your town and ask the guys there for a list of the cards they sell, then go home and compare the specs and prices...

All this because we can recommend any card, but in the end if your local shop doesn't have it, you're not helped at all (and I don't think you have a credit card and are willing to order one online; it would be more expensive anyways btw)...

quote:
Dont answer me with geeky numbers and gfx card things
There is no use in asking for good graphics cards when you don't compare the specs and if you don't know what you want from it; one store can sell a $300 card while another store can sell a better card for you, but only for $250....
RE: Gfx card by user27089 on 06-12-2005 at 06:09 PM

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.asp?imo...6MB&cat=Video+Card.

THat's quite good...

RE: Gfx card by Jhrono on 06-12-2005 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Why don't you Google it? There are thousands of graphic cards, and graphic cards are sold for a different prices in each country. Just go to your local shops near your town and ask the guys there...

The guys near me 'Pimp' us with shitty cards and high prices, that's why i ask...I dont google, cause there are a lot of guys here that know alot about it..

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There is no use in asking for good graphics cards when you don't compare the specs and if you don't know what you want from it; one store can sell a $300 card while another store can sell a better card for you, but only for $250....
Who am i to compare them:S?...You are good at them, compare some, and give me the best...Please?:(
RE: Gfx card by SikStyles on 06-12-2005 at 06:33 PM

if ur willing to pay with a credit card then use www.ebay.com

RE: Gfx card by Nathan on 06-12-2005 at 07:40 PM

The best solution would be to go to a shop and buy one from there!

RE: Gfx card by Anubis on 06-12-2005 at 07:45 PM

Why don't you just look around the internet for a bit, in simplest terms the bigger the mb and the smaller the $, the better the deal. Then post your findings here, and everyone can go through the finer details of the specification of the card.

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
if ur willing to pay with a credit card then use www.ebay.com
You can use PayPal on most sales also, doesn't have to be credit card.

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
The best solution would be to go to a shop and buy one from there!
Some dodgy guys in stores are likely to rip you off though. Also the internet is much bigger than any store so I don't think it's the "best" solution.
RE: Gfx card by Reaper on 06-12-2005 at 07:53 PM

Im not of an average price but they ATi Radeon X800 card is amazing for games *_*. I wish i had that card!

Google around for that one

RE: Gfx card by kao on 06-12-2005 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
in simplest terms the bigger the mb and the smaller the $, the better the deal
not really, the core clock speed and memory speed mean more than how much memory it has tbh :/
RE: Gfx card by brian on 06-12-2005 at 09:14 PM

Get an X800XT, and overclock it to PE speeds, or you can buy a 6800GT and overclock it to Ultra speeds, those are top of the line cards. =D

RE: Gfx card by Jhrono on 06-12-2005 at 09:42 PM

quote:

Some dodgy guys in stores are likely to rip you off though.
quote:
The guys near me 'Pimp' us with shitty cards and high prices

quote:
n simplest terms the bigger the mb and the smaller the $,
I knew that, and i bought a Nvidia Fx5200 256Mb, for about 90€..and it sucked..
quote:
Originally posted by Kao
not really, the core clock speed and memory speed mean more than how much memory it has tbh :/

I didnt knew that :$

quote:
Originally posted by Brian

Get an X800XT, and overclock it to PE speeds, or you can buy a 6800GT and overclock it to Ultra speeds, those are top of the line cards. =D

Got english?
RE: Gfx card by Reaper on 06-12-2005 at 10:26 PM

lol. Search around for ATi Radeon X800 or X800XT
and search for nVidia GeForce 6600 GT or 6800 GT

RE: Gfx card by paperless on 06-12-2005 at 10:33 PM

For my new computer im going to buy a GeForce 6800GT 256MB

But!, for 312Euros you can buy the ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB (PCI-E) which is pratically the same as 6800GT.

I chose 6800GT because my parents didnt give me a limit for the cost of the PC and as i have an ATI, i want to try nVidia.

quote:
Got english?
Theres a X800XT PE
RE: Gfx card by Reaper on 06-12-2005 at 10:35 PM

I think the ATi can be overclocked to something even better, but im not sure if you can with the nVidia cards

RE: Gfx card by kao on 06-13-2005 at 06:18 AM

quote:
if he overclocks without any idea what he's doing and without half decent cooling then he'll probably fuck it up =P
RE: Gfx card by paperless on 06-13-2005 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
quote:
if he overclocks without any idea what he's doing and without half decent cooling then he'll probably fuck it up =P

Dont 6800GT and 6800Ultra have the same heatsinks? If you overclock it to 6800Ultra speeds you should be fine shouldnt you?
RE: Gfx card by Reaper on 06-13-2005 at 02:10 PM

hmm well i just bought a Radeon 9800 SE -.-'. but it was for £50 from eBay :D
i need to buy some hardcore heatsink and fan before i overclock it *_*

RE: Gfx card by Jhrono on 06-13-2005 at 02:32 PM

Ok..i've read everything..now...i just need to raise money :grin:...i'm thinking of getting a ilegal(minors or -16, cant work legally here..) part time 8-)

RE: RE: Gfx card by Anubis on 06-13-2005 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
quote:
in simplest terms the bigger the mb and the smaller the $, the better the deal

I know, I was saying for him to find a few good deals, since finding out the memory (which is the most advertised) then go through the rest of the details;
quote:
Then post your findings here, and everyone can go through the finer details of the specification of the card.

Just to save times, tbh.