Shoutbox

Science Major Project Idea Wanted - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Science Major Project Idea Wanted (/showthread.php?tid=46218)

Science Major Project Idea Wanted by rav0 on 06-13-2005 at 10:43 AM

I am in year 10 (Australia) and have got my science major project (overdue actually). We need to design an investigation and carry it out. I just can't think of what to do. Some other peoples ideas are; the effects of different types of water on plants; the effects of different levels of caffiene on people.

Be my inspiration!

RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by Veggie on 06-13-2005 at 11:41 AM

how many pints of beer can someone drink, could comepare with different types of beer, lager, ale, bitter

RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by Wabz on 06-13-2005 at 12:25 PM

Cool idea not so sensible though is.  Effects of different chemicals on the burning process of wood.  i.e. Pour petrol on a piece of 2*4  and let it burn for 30 seconds put it out.  Photograph and then document , then start again. 

The effects of light intensity on a plant is a bit more of a sensible idea though :)

RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by Ash_ on 06-13-2005 at 01:36 PM

The effect of light on a plant. Store one on a window seal. and the other in a dark room with no sun. or maybe water one normally. and overwater the 2nd one.

RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by Jhrono on 06-13-2005 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_

The effect of light on a plant. Store one on a window seal. and the other in a dark room with no sun. or maybe water one normally. and overwater the 2nd one.

Yeah i think i did that in my 5th grade 8-) :rolleyes: :dodgy: :lol:
RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by surfichris on 06-13-2005 at 02:44 PM

Carry out simple experiments on photosynthesis?

Cover some leaves on a tree with a plastic bag and see if after a few days there is water in the bag from the paws on the tree? See how much different tree's produce?

Crystalisation of salt and water?

Adding colour dye to a glass of water then leaving a piece of cellery in it over night?

Measure the electrical resistance of different objects? (types of metal)

There are lots of things you could do!

RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by Veggie on 06-13-2005 at 02:51 PM

different colour flames when burning different metals

RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by KeyStorm on 06-13-2005 at 02:55 PM

Social experiments with and between ant colonies, I loved doing that when I was young (-er). :P

RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by rav0 on 06-14-2005 at 02:16 AM

We can't have anything blowing up, fire, heat or anything that is dangerous to a four year old.

I think I might see what food ants like best, but it seems a bit lame. I am in the 1 class, and the wierso teacher wants us to do something "advanced enough".

RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by dotNorma on 06-14-2005 at 05:07 AM

If you want something easy just buy four or five different brands of products and test them for "Effectivness". See which one is the most effective out of the others.

Test like bleach or detergent or weed killer. Thats the easy way out of those stupid things. ;)

RE: Science Major Project Idea Wanted by rav0 on 06-21-2005 at 08:31 AM

Yay![/sarcasm] No ants:|.

*bump