Shoutbox

alert when someone block me - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: alert when someone block me (/showthread.php?tid=46267)

alert when someone block me by geracao_unica on 06-14-2005 at 04:56 AM

Hi Friends... can anybody help me how to have an alert in my Messenger 7.0 (with Stuff nīPlug) when someone block me? Thanks

RE: alert when someone block me by rav0 on 06-14-2005 at 05:48 AM

There is no feature in StuffPlug to do that. An application or plugin to check whether you are blocked, because there isn't a reliable way to check.

RE: alert when someone block me by Joa on 06-14-2005 at 05:51 AM

look at this thread:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=46000

it talks about the possibility of block checking.

RE: alert when someone block me by Nathan on 06-14-2005 at 06:55 AM

My blocking Still isnt working! When i block someone they can still talk to me and they dont hsve msgplus! and i dont have stuffplug_ng

RE: alert when someone block me by linx05 on 06-14-2005 at 01:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
My blocking Still isnt working! When i block someone they can still talk to me and they dont hsve msgplus! and i dont have stuffplug_ng
In StuffPlug-NG, go to options (/xspoptions) > conversations > Allow talking to blocked contacts. Make sure there isn't a tick next to it.
RE: alert when someone block me by -dt- on 06-14-2005 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:
In StuffPlug-NG, go to options (/xspoptions) > conversations > Allow talking to blocked contacts. Make sure there isn't a tick next to it.
:/ how can he turn it off if he dosnt have it?
RE: alert when someone block me by matty on 06-14-2005 at 09:36 PM

quote:
MSN Messenger > Tools > Options > Privacy > Check "Only people on my Allow List can see my status and send me messages"
RE: alert when someone block me by dreaded on 06-15-2005 at 07:26 PM

The new msgdiscovery x shows if someone blocks you. Dont know how reliable it is though. I did get someone to block me and it did show it. Not sure how it checks though the only way I have seen is here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=46000

RE: alert when someone block me by rav0 on 06-16-2005 at 06:34 AM

Current methods of block checking are not fully reliable. If you check and find that you are blocked, you probably are, but if you are blocked, you may or may not find out.