Shoutbox

Small suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Small suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=46300)

Small suggestion by kierant on 06-14-2005 at 08:50 PM

Is it possible to somehow enable us to see what threads we have contributed to when just browsing through individual forums as it is easy to forget.

Perhaps this could be through a small icon on the left side next to the small page icon.

RE: Small suggestion by Zephyr on 06-14-2005 at 08:53 PM

Well, there is this option on the latest posts page where it says at the bottom right, Show threads you posted in. Then you can also just show a particular forum if you want as well by hiding the other forums.

RE: Small suggestion by Shezi on 06-14-2005 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Well, there is this option on the latest posts page where it says at the bottom right, Show threads you posted in. Then you can also just show a particular forum if you want as well by hiding the other forums.
i think he meant to see the thread posted by individual .. not the single post. and the show the threads in which u posted in dont show what he want..

kieranissafe: if i m wrong then make me correct..
RE: Small suggestion by Dempsey on 06-14-2005 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
i think he meant to see the thread posted by individual .. not the single post. and the suggestion u gave show the threads in which u posted in..

He wants to see threads he's posted in
quote:
Originally posted by kieranissafe
see what threads we have contributed to

RE: Small suggestion by blackjack on 06-14-2005 at 09:38 PM

You can just make this.. :P like the Msg Plus Spanish Forums... When you post in a thread.. it looks like this.. That button is by default.. ^o) but it doesnt appear like that here..

RE: Small suggestion by Dempsey on 06-14-2005 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk
You can just make this.. :P like the Msg Plus Spanish Forums... When you post in a thread.. it looks like this.. That button is by default.. ^o) but it doesnt appear like that here..
yea thats not in these boards cos theyre based on MyBB RC2 i beleieve, and the star thing for threads you poisted in was probably added in RC3 or RC4
RE: Small suggestion by Mike on 06-15-2005 at 04:49 AM

I have actually asked that in the past...

WDZ said that he disabled this feature because it uses too many sql queries or something like that... :S

RE: Small suggestion by WDZ on 06-15-2005 at 06:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
yea thats not in these boards cos theyre based on MyBB RC2 i beleieve, and the star thing for threads you poisted in was probably added in RC3 or RC4
Wrong; it's just disabled here because it's way too slow with a large database like ours. MySQL has to check for posts made by you for every thread listed.

I've actually tried it before, and it took nearly 10 seconds for forumdisplay.php to process, IIRC... :dodgy:
RE: Small suggestion by kierant on 06-15-2005 at 09:45 AM

OK well thanks for the replies. Could have been handy but I guess I'll just have to rememember my posts! 8-|

RE: Small suggestion by surfichris on 06-15-2005 at 12:18 PM

I just turned it on for a few minutes and loads/times didn't seem to increase that much - and they shouldn't because all you're doing is selecting from a table (of which I assume you have indexed already DZ?)..

RE: Small suggestion by kierant on 06-15-2005 at 03:17 PM

So could this mean it might be implemented into the forums?

RE: Small suggestion by WDZ on 06-15-2005 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
of which I assume you have indexed already DZ?
Yeah, I have modified the indexes quite a bit. And I think that was after I last tested the feature... :dodgy:

I'm still not sure if it should be enabled... we've lived just fine without it this far... :p