Shoutbox

Make MSN Message revert back when song paused (WMP) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Make MSN Message revert back when song paused (WMP) (/showthread.php?tid=46314)

Make MSN Message revert back when song paused (WMP) by auhsor on 06-15-2005 at 03:44 AM

Ok this is a question for my friend who uses Windows Media Player. At the moment, when he has a song playing, it shows up in the Personal Display Message. Ok so thats all fine and dandy, but when you click pause, it stays there. This is not good! It would be alot better if it reverted back to what it was without showing the song, buch like the plugins for Winamp does (which I use).

So there must be a way of doing this. I'm pretty sure there is no option you can set, so you probably need to hack the psmsong.dll file. I don't really know how to do this, and I wouldn't know what to change.

So yeah any help would be much appreciated :)

RE: Make MSN Message revert back when song paused (WMP) by J.J on 06-15-2005 at 06:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by auhsor
Ok this is a question for my friend who uses Windows Media Player. At the moment, when he has a song playing, it shows up in the Personal Display Message. Ok so thats all fine and dandy, but when you click pause, it stays there.

If you click stop instead of pause, it no longer appears.
RE: Make MSN Message revert back when song paused (WMP) by auhsor on 06-15-2005 at 09:31 AM

Yeah I'm aware of that, it's just that often you don't want to stop you music, but pause it.

RE: Make MSN Message revert back when song paused (WMP) by aNILEator on 06-15-2005 at 10:36 AM

hmm is it not possible with the extended now playing wmplugin?

by the way i love your avatar auhsor :D

RE: Make MSN Message revert back when song paused (WMP) by Millenium_edition on 06-15-2005 at 10:39 AM

An alternative to WMP is winamp... if you use winamp & this plugin, you can clear the nowplaying on pause.

RE: RE: Make MSN Message revert back when song paused (WMP) by auhsor on 06-15-2005 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
hmm is it not possible with the extended now playing wmplugin?

by the way i love your avatar auhsor :D

Theres an extended Now Playing wmplugin? Can you provide linkage? I can't seem to find it.

Heh, tis a pretty cool avatar I think too (H)

Oh and yeah I know about the winamp one... it's what I use, but he uses WMP, and I'm not gonna force my friend to use Winamp when he's comfortable with WMP.

Thanks for the suggestions... not quite there with the answer though... :S
RE: Make MSN Message revert back when song paused (WMP) by auhsor on 06-17-2005 at 12:59 PM

Anyone?