Shoutbox

Internet Explorer toolbars - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Internet Explorer toolbars (/showthread.php?tid=46321)

Internet Explorer toolbars by kierant on 06-15-2005 at 09:42 AM

I have a problem with my Internet Explorer toolbars.

For some reason the names are mixed up with the toolbar that it selects. For example, if I select the MSN toolbar to show, it shows the Norton antivirus toolbar. If i select the Norton Internet Security toolbar, it shows the MSN toolbar. If I select the Norton Antivirus toolbar it selects the Norton Internet Security toolbar.

This only seemed to happen after I installed the new MSN toolbar yesterday. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

RE: Internet Explore toolbars by Shezi on 06-15-2005 at 12:36 PM

did u tried the reinstallation of MSN toolbar. ??

RE: Internet Explore toolbars by squall_leonhart69r on 06-15-2005 at 01:51 PM

this is a known bug dude, not much can be done about it, unless you can be bothered uninstalling everything and reinstalling it

RE: Internet Explore toolbars by kierant on 06-15-2005 at 03:07 PM

Oh right. Thanks, and no I can't be bothered :D

And you say it's a known bug...Do you know which of them is causing it or is it an XP thing?

RE: Internet Explore toolbars by squall_leonhart69r on 06-15-2005 at 03:44 PM

its not actually known what causes it, it just happens randomly on many computers

some put it down to previous adware installations, i don't really know, all i know is i click the google one and the norton button disappears lol

RE: Internet Explore toolbars by [MR] on 06-15-2005 at 04:09 PM

ya i used to have that before i upgraded to Xp and thats when i started using firefox for everything.

RE: Internet Explorer toolbars by kierant on 06-15-2005 at 04:36 PM

Well I just read this thread through and thought I'd check to see if the Google toolbar had any errors like you describe and now everything is working properly. Crazy:o)