Shoutbox

msgdiscovery x final!!!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=46336)

msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by super-schaf on 06-15-2005 at 11:44 AM

ive just spotted the final version of msgdiscovery x on mess!! it is sooooo cool! it even got webcam recording;-)

i would get it if i were you! (get it from http://www.msgdiscovery.com )

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by -rafy- on 06-15-2005 at 12:11 PM

I got it a few hours ago.

I felt there was hardly any features in it.......
Hmm i dont know...

Well at least it works with my bot2k3 msn account now unlike the old version.

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by -dt- on 06-15-2005 at 12:15 PM

hmm dosnt support .js scripting and vb script is really bad so :P count me out of the msgdiscovery "Craze"

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by albert on 06-15-2005 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by super-schaf
ive just spotted the final version of msgdiscovery x on mess!! it is sooooo cool! it even got webcam recording;-)

ye welll i was deceived by that webcam recording.. it only saves pictures.. I was expecting some videos..
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by absorbation on 06-15-2005 at 03:22 PM

Just installed and now uninstalling :S

RE: RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by TheGeek on 06-15-2005 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Just installed and now uninstalling :S

Same, and most features don't work here :(
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Millenium_edition on 06-15-2005 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
I felt there was hardly any features in it.......
agreed...

it just had to piss me off. ecko_complex promised quite a lot for "the next version of messengerdiscovery", which was MD3 actually. but noo, he had to use the "i didn't have time and wanted to pleasure my users" excuse to release a little update of MD2 as "the new revolutionary MD3". he even promised to code in c++.

now, we're one version beyond v3, and it's still pure VB, and the features are far from useful. Sure, they have been suggested quite a few times, but the implementation lacks personalisation. a good example is the webcam recording: where's the video? another thing, file organizer... organizing files on sign in is totally useless. why? because that's not the freaking point to organize at sign in... :-/

the only promising about this was the scripting engine (do i hear someone screaming "gilly messenger" in background? 8-))... VBScript was the obvious choice to make, it's a very simple language and anyone can do quite a few things with it in no time (although, as -dt- said, JS would have been more than welcome). but the lack of personalisation strikes back... OMG OMG YOU HAVE COMMANDS... of course you have them, if you can parse outgoing data, you have commands, no matter what ==> ParseCommand is USELESS. SignIn & Signout aren't pretty useful either, since those can be detected using the parseincoming function.
what would really have been useful, would have been a total control over the sockets.... Or a whole bunch of events (like the old messenger api library), which allowed great modification... instead of just ripping the way plus! plugins work (heck, he even ripped the ParseCommand name!).
Other thing, you might want to enable VB plugin (DLL, yes) support, because i have trouble seeing people giving out their sources if they worked 50 hours on that script to achieve one little feature...
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by matty on 06-15-2005 at 05:08 PM

I found that it caused the icon on the contact list of Plus! to disappear once one of MessengerDiscovery's windows was shown...

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
The MDX icon conflicts with the Messenger Plus! icon, at least through my testing. However, you can't just say it causes Plus!'s icon to disappear, as Plus!'s icon also sometimes causes MDX's icon to disappear too.

I am not saying its the only reason I am not using it. I found a few of its features useful. Mainly the contactlist cleanup. I didn't realize how many people actually had me deleted... Kao, M_E, TB :P :lol:
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by EvilSeph on 06-16-2005 at 12:20 AM

The MDX icon conflicts with the Messenger Plus! icon, at least through my testing. However, you can't just say it causes Plus!'s icon to disappear, as Plus!'s icon also sometimes causes MDX's icon to disappear too.

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by L. Coyote on 06-16-2005 at 12:26 AM

It doesn't work for me. ^o)

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by dylan! on 06-16-2005 at 12:39 AM

from what i herd im not even going to try it:P

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by ~INVASION~ on 06-16-2005 at 01:20 AM

i cant even sign in when its running :dodgy:

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by expert on 06-16-2005 at 01:36 AM

i like it it lests yu apea mobile(y)(y)bt my firewall is being gay

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by steVenB on 06-16-2005 at 01:49 AM

I installed it and like others i found out that webcam recording was just saving webcam pics. That was the major reason why I downloaded it.

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by albert on 06-16-2005 at 02:05 AM

quote:

Same thing here
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by x2zen on 06-16-2005 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be
MessengerDiscovery X uninstaller leaves nasty aftertaste

dwergs says:
Messer MoRiA is warning everyone who doesn't like the recently released MessengerDiscovery X to backup their registry BEFORE uninstalling the addon. Because of a nasty bug the uninstaller erases important keys "leaving you with no programs running on boot". We advise you to follow these instructions:

1) Click Start > Run and launch regedit.

2) Find and export these keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

3) Uninstall MessengerDiscovery X.

4) Back to the registry editor, check which Run key it deleted.

5) Merge the appropriate .reg file.

6) Manually delete the MessengerDiscovery X value (You could delete it from the .reg files before you merged, instead).

More information on backing up your registry file can be found here.

We expect MDX developer ecko_complex to issue a fix as soon as possible

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by linx05 on 06-16-2005 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
quote:

dwergs says:
Messer MoRiA is warning everyone who doesn't like the recently released MessengerDiscovery X to backup their registry BEFORE uninstalling the addon. Because of a nasty bug the uninstaller erases important keys "leaving you with no programs running on boot". We advise you to follow these instructions:

6) Manually delete the MessengerDiscovery X value (You could delete it from the .reg files before you merged, instead).

I know. It's very annoying. I reported that bug with the last stable (couldn't really call it stable) version of MD3. It hasn't been fixed :(
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Millenium_edition on 06-16-2005 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
quote:

dwergs says:

I know. It's very annoying. I reported that bug with the last stable (couldn't really call it stable) version of MD3. It hasn't been fixed :(
now that is what i call a great support (y)

seems like there's yet another reason to not use it. and don't get me wrong, i don't mean "use SPNG or MP! instead"... I mean "don't use MDX/MD3"
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by RaceProUK on 06-16-2005 at 10:50 AM

That bug has actually been there since MD2! :S

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by linx05 on 06-16-2005 at 01:29 PM

I think this program has a lot of potential. Back before MSNM7 came out, the most stable version was the best. Hardly any noticeable bugs I could see and all round top program.

Ever since Ecko tried to make MD3 compatible with MSNM7, it has gone down hill. The latest version is a step above the last one. A lot of the features actually work.

I just hope in the next version all the reported bugs can be fixed. I'm going to report all the bugs I see in the hope that they will be squashed!

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by absorbation on 06-16-2005 at 04:38 PM

Crap i uninstalled it yesterday :S what do i do to make sure not damage is done to my pc :S

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by user13774 on 06-16-2005 at 04:46 PM

I download it yesterday, uninstalled it 10 minutes later, but the bug didn't occur!

Does this mean I am lucky *-).....?

@ Absorbation:
If you didn't noticed a change you probably are lucky too :p

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by absorbation on 06-16-2005 at 04:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I download it yesterday, uninstalled it 10 minutes later, but the bug didn't occur!

Does this mean I am lucky *-).....?

@ Absorbation:
If you didn't noticed a change you probably are lucky too :p

Yeh my os is windows xp home but i can say i DO NOT trust this program again because of this.
RE: RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by TheGeek on 06-16-2005 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Crap i uninstalled it yesterday :S what do i do to make sure not damage is done to my pc :S

Got the same problem. I did start -> run -> msconfig and ran down all the programs in the list and checked if they booted.
I think the keys will be restored if you disable and then re-enable the start-when-windows-starts option.

Good luck ;)
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by absorbation on 06-16-2005 at 06:00 PM

Well i have had one normal boot so do you think i'm off the hook? Also why is it messing with those entires anyway?

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Dempsey on 06-16-2005 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Well i have had one normal boot so do you think i'm off the hook? Also why is it messing with those entires anyway?
it tried to remove its own startup entry, but for some reason it seems to delete them all
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by absorbation on 06-16-2005 at 06:15 PM

It's really given it a bad name and being on mess.be many of thousands would have it by now :S

quote:
Originally posted by Mess.be
quote:

[Reported by: Absorbation, HalfDead, toddmyster & Lance]

Wtf i cant remember repoting it lol

Anyway many computers are buggered now and people dont know why :S
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Nathan on 06-16-2005 at 06:17 PM

I dont like it. But the Invisible user is quite handy;)

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by RaceProUK on 06-16-2005 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:
it tried to remove its own startup entry, but for some reason it seems to delete them all
I bet the installer isn't using the right methods to find and delete the correct entry.
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by ~INVASION~ on 06-16-2005 at 09:23 PM

YEP it deleted the run in current user, im never using msgdiscovery again, wasnt to pleased with it before, i thought this would be good but i guess i was wrong :undecided:

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by kierant on 06-16-2005 at 10:07 PM

So what happens if we uninstalled it before the warning? I haven't noticed any problems apart from when I log off of my user area it pops up with the 'Closing Program' box with the option to 'End Now' for a process called 'Commands'. Is this at all related or have I messed something up myself?

Thanks

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by eckocomplex on 06-17-2005 at 12:56 AM

If people could please report bugs properly (with technical information and system/MD configuration) then I'll do my best to fix it. I was informed properly about the uninstall bug and it was fix and uploaded staright away (24 hours ago). Posting bugs on here (because I don't visit much) will NOT get it fixed sorry :(.

The best way to get bugs fixed is posting in http://forums.msgdiscovery.com/index.php?showforum=27 and I'll do my best to fix it.

The reason some people are having issues is due to MSN Messenger not wanting to use a proxy straight away so sign in and sign out. I'm working on a C++ Winsock hook so I can get rid of proxying for the next release. Oh and I will rename the "Webcam Recording" to "Webcam snapshots" to stop confusion (sorry to those people who feel mislead).

Peace, ecko_complex

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Dane on 06-17-2005 at 01:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Plus! Zone (msgpluszone.com)

The latest version (built on June 15th, 2005) received a Fail rating.  MessengerDiscovery X install starts with an obtrusive advertisement that disappears after 18 seconds.  We also encountered MANY problems with the "Contact List Manager", causing it to completely not function.  The same occured for the Debug Window. And Event Log.

After our tests, we conclude that MessengerDiscovery may be SOMEWHAT useful if it actually functioned as it says it does.  However, it does not function AT ALL.  The newest version kills MSN Messenger during uninstall without restarting it - a drawback.  We have yet to see a version of MessengerDiscovery that ACTUALLY functions, passes a ZoneLabs test, and that properly sets the correct MSN connection information upon uninstall.

This is my latest test results of MessengerDiscovery.  I was mislead to believe that this version was safer than previous versions, I was evidently wrong...it also fecked my MSN Messenger to death, im fixing that right now.

It'd be a great piece of software if it didnt touch the connection to MSN.  But it does, which makes it bad.
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Derwan on 06-17-2005 at 06:55 AM

Damn I wish I'd had the chance to read all of this before installing it.  Will be upgrading soon so I can uninstall it safely!

A couple of nifty features - when it's working.  Seems to be a 50/50 chance of it realising that MSN Messenger is in fact connected.

I don't think it has/had been beta tested enough to warrant a version 1.00.

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Sunshine on 06-17-2005 at 02:51 PM

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. He never installed MD, maybe the one using the comp before him did, result: a very buggy MSNM wich disconnects and blocks him randomly. The message he gets in his logs is: BYE <emailaddy> then he gets blocked. Another weird thing is he gets MSG <emailaddy> after each message from me too after he was disconnected.

Eckocomplex (or someone else of MD) could you be so kind to tell me wich regkeys/dlls to delete or give me a decent uninstaller for it, i wil not sign up on your forums just for this nor do i want my friend to install MD after all the troubles i heard it's causing, i hope you can understand that.

If you wish not to post this info onhere (i really think you should tho as this has caused more people trouble) then gimme a link to where it is in pm or w/e.

Edit: ohh ehmm before you say put old registry back, well clearly enough he doesn't have a backup! It's not his fault.

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by absorbation on 06-17-2005 at 02:57 PM

Well eckocomplex bugs happen it's as simple as that buthow long was the final beta tested for? Your beta testers, did they check the uninstaller, maybe you should of waited a few days before you posted it on mess.be :P

Mess.be also said i reported the new version release when i just saw it on mess.be for the first time :lol: I herad about it the first time from me :S

Btw how many people downloaded it with the bug?

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by super-schaf on 06-17-2005 at 05:05 PM

wow! thats strange i dont have any problen atol! hmm.. seems like im a lucky person!

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by L. Coyote on 06-17-2005 at 06:48 PM

Well, for me, not even the bug worked. :rofl:

Edit: It didn't delete ALL of the startups, but it did delete some. It deleted WhatPulse from starting :dodgy: I lost a lot of keys...

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by EvilSeph on 06-18-2005 at 07:39 PM

After you download and install the latest version, uninstalling will not remove any registry keys, apart from the one made by MDX.

I've tested it on my system and the results are that the uninstaller bug has been fixed.

Please clarify.

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Millenium_edition on 06-18-2005 at 08:15 PM

quote:
After you download and install the latest version, uninstalling will not remove any registry keys, apart from the one made by MDX.

I've tested it on my system and the results are that the uninstaller bug has been fixed.

Please clarify.
the bug has been fixed since the last post about it...
RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Dane on 06-18-2005 at 09:54 PM

Was fixed in my tests.  The software shouldnt be on the market though, it still is full of bugs, its like it never even went through proper Beta Tests. If you havent already gotten this software, DONT GET IT.  It is very poorly put together and should be recalled by ecko_complex.

I'm wondering what ever happened to ecko_complexes plan for making it not work through Proxies.  No one is happy that it fecks with your MSN Connection, even the advanced users that know how to reset it.  I dont like that it doesnt fix the proxy settings upon uninstall.

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by mwe99 on 06-18-2005 at 10:55 PM

hm i was tempted to download but i read some of the peoples comments and i'm not even gonna bother.

They should take it back into testing from what i read :dodgy:

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Derwan on 06-19-2005 at 10:17 AM

Well I downloaded and installed the new version so I could uninstall it safely - but it removed everything in my startup group (under current user in the registry).  Lucky I'd backed it up just in case!

Bye bye MessengerDiscovery X!

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Fr@nKy on 06-20-2005 at 02:00 AM

I like some of the plugins' features but Ifound it so buggy that I've unistall it! The only time that I was happy with MD were the MSN Messenger 6 times! The MSN Messenger 7 era is the end for MD! Patchou also deared that MSN Messenger 7 would put his work in danger! But Ithink thar Msg Plus survived quite well to the MSN Messenger 7 change but MD is dead for me!! Long life for MSG Plus!! MD's place is secen feet under ground! :P

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Nathan on 06-20-2005 at 04:42 PM

I lIke it I suppose except it hardly ever works.
Is there away to run it to get it started becuase everytime i restart my pc it dont work :@
Is there away i can run it from RUN?

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by John on 06-22-2005 at 08:09 AM

After reading this thread and from knowing everything I already know about it, including my own experience, I can confirm that MD* SUCKS MOENKEYS' BOTTOMS. [Image: blast.gif] So don't bother installing it.

Rock on MsgPlus! [Image: headbang.gif]

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by Lou on 07-01-2005 at 01:57 PM

Even the msgdiscovery website sucks...its down....

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by super-schaf on 07-01-2005 at 02:24 PM

i never have a problen with it!

RE: msgdiscovery x final!!!!! by J.J on 07-01-2005 at 03:01 PM

Guys i installed MDX the day it was released and i uninstalled MDX before everyone found out about the problem...

So what exactly do i do? I had no problems after i uninstalled it that day, everything has been fine...

I just wanna make sure that everything is ok and make sure it hasn't done any damage :\