Shoutbox

Content Installation failed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Content Installation failed (/showthread.php?tid=46355)

Content Installation failed by alienboys on 06-15-2005 at 05:31 PM

Hi. It seems, when I download a wink from MSN Messenger, this 'content installation failed' message comes up. I am using a router, and Messenger Plus.
Whats wrong? If you need any more info, contact me here.

RE: Content Installation failed by Zephyr on 06-15-2005 at 05:35 PM

Try running MSN Messenger without messenger plus, then install the wink.

This has worked for me.

RE: Content Installation failed by alienboys on 06-15-2005 at 05:52 PM

I uninstalled MSN Plus ! Still didn't work... But I didn't do it with the uninstaller than 'came' with it, I couldn't find the installer.

RE: Content Installation failed by Zephyr on 06-15-2005 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alienboys
I uninstalled MSN Plus ! Still didn't work... But I didn't do it with the uninstaller than 'came' with it, I couldn't find the installer.

How did you uninstall it then? You should go to control panel, add/remove programs then remove messenger plus 3. Reinstall it first though if you have deleted files.

Did you download the wink through MSN Messenger using the Blue Mountain service, or was it a wink just downloaded as a file?

RE: Content Installation failed by alienboys on 06-15-2005 at 06:31 PM

Thanks for replying, Yes, it was a wink from a file, But I have also used the normal service that MSN provides, however, It still gives the same error.

RE: Content Installation failed by Zephyr on 06-15-2005 at 06:43 PM

The file extension should be .mco for which you need mcoinstall.exe

Make sure you are signed in to MSN Messenger without plus running, then run the mcoinstall.exe file and find the wink using mcoinstall. It will make sense when you run it. If it still is not working, can you attach the file so i can try it out as well, thanks.

EDIT: Also try uninstalling MSN Messenger through Add/remove programs. Then download it from http://messenger.msn.com and install.

RE: Content Installation failed by alienboys on 06-15-2005 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
The file extension should be .mco for which you need mcoinstall.exe

Make sure you are signed in to MSN Messenger without plus running, then run the mcoinstall.exe file and find the wink using mcoinstall. It will make sense when you run it. If it still is not working, can you attach the file so i can try it out as well, thanks.

EDIT: Also try uninstalling MSN Messenger through Add/remove programs. Then download it from http://messenger.msn.com and install.

Thanks for replying, I am using mcoinstall, still, I have done what you said, Still doesn't work.. I will upload the file...
Also... It also does this when I'm doing moods.
RE: Content Installation failed by Zephyr on 06-16-2005 at 04:27 PM

I just tried that file and it doesn't do a thing, not even an error message appears, but when I try installing some other winks and moods, it works fine.

Try the wink that i attached.

RE: Content Installation failed by alienboys on 06-16-2005 at 04:39 PM

Thanks, but still, the message still displays.

RE: Content Installation failed by sn1p3r on 06-16-2005 at 04:43 PM

I just tried both winks out but nothing happened at all. Try getting some winks from www.winks.cc and see if they work. If not then there may be a problem with the MCO installer.

RE: Content Installation failed by alienboys on 06-16-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sn1p3r
I just tried both winks out but nothing happened at all. Try getting some winks from www.winks.cc and see if they work. If not then there may be a problem with the MCO installer.
Thanks for the site, but It has viruses on. If I were you... I would NOT download from that site.
RE: Content Installation failed by sn1p3r on 06-16-2005 at 07:58 PM

Yea i only just checked it out properly, i hadn't tried downloading anything from it before i'd only seen the site. I downloaded a wink and can confirm that it contains Adware (not a virus) but i guess people still need to be careful. I almost continued the installation without reading the agreement which stated tht a toolbar would be added. :|

Anyway Alienboys, you could use this app to try and install the winks you have downloaded. DoogalMCO

RE: Content Installation failed by alienboys on 06-17-2005 at 05:02 PM

Thanks, But the MCOInstall option was posted before on this thread. I used that and it still didn't work.