Shoutbox

Extract text/tables/image from PDF - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Extract text/tables/image from PDF (/showthread.php?tid=46373)

Extract text/tables/image from PDF by Maniac on 06-15-2005 at 08:14 PM

Alright, i have Acrobat Professional 6 and i have a very long document which was scanned.

Now i want to recreate this document because of changes that need to be made with it but...

I go to:

Document > Paper Capture > Start Capture

To do an OCR scan...

BUT

I get this:

[Image: error3rp.png]

Any help/suggestions? This could be classified as extremely urgent :)

Edit: Oh btw that's just a windowblind applied... i have a PC not mac ;)

RE: Extract text/tables/image from PDF by Zephyr on 06-15-2005 at 08:20 PM

I found this on the adobe support website.

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/322077.html

Hope it helps. :)

RE: Extract text/tables/image from PDF by CookieRevised on 06-15-2005 at 09:30 PM

If you want to rescan the document, then Adobe Capture 3 isn't the best choice to start from (in some cases). Use/try your scanning/OCR program which came with the scanner and test some different DPI's... (and this is also the context in which the page that monster.rat provided has to be read)...

If you want to "scan" (mind the quotes) an existing acrobat PDF file to text with the Adobe Paper Capture plugin for Adobe Acrobat, then you might want to re-save the PDF fist in a lower resolution. Although I never came across that error, even when "capturing" PDF's to pure text with big resolutions using this plugin.

RE: Extract text/tables/image from PDF by Maniac on 06-15-2005 at 09:43 PM

How do i change the resolution though?

RE: Extract text/tables/image from PDF by CookieRevised on 06-15-2005 at 10:00 PM

If you mean with scanning a physical piece of paper, then look in the help/manual of your scanning software... It's different for each software. The thing you're looking for is "DPI" or "resolution".