Shoutbox

Crashing windows - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Crashing windows (/showthread.php?tid=46398)

Crashing windows by vettthedeadone on 06-16-2005 at 11:41 AM

it's the wierdest thing when i start to send sounds. like /sound eggs and i do that a few time windows crashes totally and does a total reboot

RE: Crashing windows by John Anderton on 06-16-2005 at 11:48 AM

Err i have that problem too. But mine isnt while using messenger but while doing anything :S
It was mainly whilst installing ZAP (Zone Alarm Pro) .... its ok now. So im guessing there mabbe a conflicting program or something. Do u have 2 Antiviruses or 2 firewalls or something :S (well not like a firewall + windows firewall cause windows firewall shuts down when another firewall is running :))
Plz see if you have some conflicting programs :)

RE: Crashing windows by vettthedeadone on 10-11-2005 at 09:11 AM

no it's not from running a firewall or anti-virus program for i don't run a firewall and my anti -virus is avg and from what i have read there is nothing about it that would do this

RE: Crashing windows by CookieRevised on 10-11-2005 at 09:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vettthedeadone
it's the wierdest thing when i start to send sounds. like /sound eggs and i do that a few time windows crashes totally and does a total reboot
Can you state your exact and complete msn messenger version number and the exact and complete Plus! version number.

Also what is your Windows version?

And provide more details, like do you have the sound "eggs" in your local sound library or is it a new sound which needs to be downloaded first.
RE: Crashing windows by vettthedeadone on 10-25-2005 at 11:04 AM

i'm running xp pro with sevice pack 2 . the sound doesn't need to be downloaded the other user already has the sound.