Shoutbox

Webcam recording! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Webcam recording! (/showthread.php?tid=46450)

Webcam recording! by Millenium_edition on 06-17-2005 at 11:02 AM

Haven't tested this yet, am about to...

http://ml20rc.msnfanatic.com/

it records webcam in video format, great thanks to angustia from the MD forums who linked to this in a thread asking for it :D

oh and. it works. (y)
it's just not easy to use for the average computer user.

RE: Webcam recording! by linx05 on 06-17-2005 at 12:02 PM

Yeah I saw that in the MD forums. I might check it out. How stable is it?

RE: Webcam recording! by sn1p3r on 06-17-2005 at 01:33 PM

I would try it out but it seems like too much is needed to be downloaded in order for it to work, and right now i can't really be arsed. I'll just stick with Camtasia studio for now, but thanks for sharing it with us. (Y)

RE: Webcam recording! by mwe99 on 06-17-2005 at 01:56 PM

hmm i tried it but when i try to open the .avi it says windows media player cannot play blah blah

should be more user friendly

RE: Webcam recording! by Millenium_edition on 06-17-2005 at 04:46 PM

it works great (y)

RE: Webcam recording! by super-schaf on 06-17-2005 at 04:59 PM

mdx got that !

RE: Webcam recording! by Dempsey on 06-17-2005 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by super-schaf
mdx got that !
No it hasn't MD X has Webcam 'Snapshots'
RE: Webcam recording! by Kingen999 on 06-21-2005 at 10:35 PM

I've tested this some weeks ago and didn't get it to work. Think I'm behind to much crap like firewalls and routers.
But I was wondering, it's supposed to record video direct from datastream so you would be able to have the window minimized and look at it afterwards, right? Isn't the webcam like paused when not looking and then it catches up the paused frames or something?
If the program goas around this problem in any way I think I'll give it another try now when it has been brought up here where I can get some help from you guys who seem to know a bit more than I do =)

//Micke

RE: Webcam recording! by Dempsey on 06-21-2005 at 10:37 PM

AFAIK the webcam is still continusly sent by the other user even if you minimise the window, it just doesnt get drawn anwhere.

But that doesnt matter to the recorder as it records the data packets, not the webcam area if you see what I mean.

RE: Webcam recording! by Dane on 06-21-2005 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
AFAIK the webcam is still continusly sent by the other user even if you minimise the window, it just doesnt get drawn anwhere.

But that doesnt matter to the recorder as it records the data packets, not the webcam area if you see what I mean.
Basically, it still works when you minimize the window.  I dont see any legitmate reason to record a webcam though.
RE: Webcam recording! by Kingen999 on 06-21-2005 at 11:00 PM

okey, great. Thanks.

I actually got it to work with the new all-in-one installer on the page. Didn't really look before I wrote the last message :$...
The only problem now is the compression of the avi-file. Only shows one type of avi. But I guess that's not going to be to hard to take care of :)

RE: Webcam recording! by thepengwin on 06-22-2005 at 03:13 AM

a plugin like this is a good idea but in the wrong hads i think it will go down a bit. ppl who would normally want this would probably record (cough) bad (cough) things and it wouldnt be too nice to see that someone can record everything u do

RE: Webcam recording! by aNILEator on 06-25-2005 at 12:00 PM

i can't get it to work either

Maybe ecko complex will update msgdiscovery X to have this instead or someone will alter the source to be a plugin

RE: Webcam recording! by user27089 on 06-25-2005 at 12:19 PM

I can't get it to work either, Nile sent it to me, it's really weird :s...

I don't see any legal troubles there, they've agreed to show you themselves on webcam, the risk of recording is there, if somebody wishes to play it back at a later date, then it's your own fault...

RE: Webcam recording! by Sasuke on 06-25-2005 at 01:32 PM

use messengerdiscoveryX it works with plus! 3.xx
thier great 2gether. like peas and carrots or bonny and clide.

RE: Webcam recording! by absorbation on 06-25-2005 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sasuke
use messengerdiscoveryX it works with plus! 3.xx
thier great 2gether. like peas and carrots or bonny and clide.

no true you will find our opions we have loss trust in messenger discovery becuase of the bugs and the mistake he made on relsese. Also the proxy and it does not seem to work as well.

And it records using an image format not video :S