Shoutbox

Any One Got Any Good Ideas? Please suggest - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Any One Got Any Good Ideas? Please suggest (/showthread.php?tid=46463)

Any One Got Any Good Ideas? Please suggest by Nathan on 06-17-2005 at 05:30 PM

Hiya all,
I'm In need of a new PDA as mines bust (The reason bieng the softwares been deleted totally and i cant/dont know how to get it back on! PM Me if you can help)
I need one with these Specs:
Can turn on/off Tv's/videos/Dvd's etc
Good built in memory/Memory stick
Camera
Camera editing software ;)
some software for typing Information
And any other gadgets

Sorry if thats not enough info :(

RE: Any One Got Any Good Ideas? by jren207 on 06-19-2005 at 01:21 AM

Well I have a Sony Clie PDA, It has infra-red bit at the top (and with software) allows you to change stuff on a TV with i-r.
It has a Sony MemoryStick slot at the top near the i-r.
Bulit in VGA camera.
It runs the Palm 5.0 OS, so it has like notes and to-do list etc., notes would be good for putting/typing (well using graffiti input) stuff in.
Hasn't really got much to edit photos, probably none. (You could download some apps and Hotsync them to the PDA).
Well I think Sony stopped making PDA's but you might find one on eBay :P
Well, you can always get a similar Palm PDA with the Palm OS installed of course.

If it's already a palm, can't you perform a Hard-reset to restore it with it's default apps etc.

RE: Any One Got Any Good Ideas? by Nathan on 06-19-2005 at 08:04 AM

That Is the one that I've got! It's superb isnt it. Problem is the softwares been deleted somehow :@

And no i cant it dosnt work I'lll try again now if you can tell my how to do a hard reste i forgotten :S

RE: Any One Got Any Good Ideas? by Nathan on 06-19-2005 at 08:59 AM

What do you mean by starting again ?

RE: Any One Got Any Good Ideas? Please suggest by mwe99 on 06-19-2005 at 11:34 AM

As in restarting the system i presume, its usually a button on the back somewhere isnt it?

RE: Any One Got Any Good Ideas? Please suggest by Nathan on 06-19-2005 at 11:54 AM

If you mean Reset then yes I've tried that and nothing happens. And yes the bettery was Charged

RE: Any One Got Any Good Ideas? Please suggest by Eljay on 06-19-2005 at 02:11 PM

umm my mate has a PDA like that, hard reset on his is just holding down power button and pressing reset but it might be different

RE: Any One Got Any Good Ideas? Please suggest by kao on 06-19-2005 at 02:25 PM

Google got me this in about 3 clicks...

"Accomplish a hard reset by holding the power button while pushing the reset button, and continue holding the power button until the initial Palm OS flash screen comes up. The device will then ask you if you really want to do a hard reset. If so, push page up. Pushing anything else will perform a soft reset. A hard reset will erase all your data and third-party applications from RAM. It returns your device RAM to factory conditions, just as if you pulled it from its sealed box. The initial welcome screen will come up and require you to calibrate the digitizer and check the system time and date. It will also restore things like the factory MIDI sounds, factory demos, etc. This is a drastic step, and should only be taken if nothing else worked to recover your device to your control."

http://www.tankerbob.com/palm/resets.htm

see if it works

RE: Any One Got Any Good Ideas? Please suggest by Nathan on 06-19-2005 at 03:30 PM

Nope dosnt work. The problem is that it wont even turn on. even though its fully charged!