Shoutbox

Intel Chipsets - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Intel Chipsets (/showthread.php?tid=46478)

Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-17-2005 at 08:59 PM

well i got this Intel Chipset Utility from intel.com
and i ran it and this came up

[Image: error.jpg]

so my question is how do i enable my intergrated graphics card or fix those other problem it says ..

thank you!

RE: Intel Chipsets by .blade// on 06-17-2005 at 09:03 PM

Well 1) Upgrade to 2.91 :P
2) You don't want Integrated Graphics - it's a VERY slow very low-end graphics setup that uses your main system RAM. It's not for games whatsoever and if you don't have a video card then you don't need it anyways.

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-17-2005 at 09:06 PM

lol

1) i have 2.91 .. i think
2) i want it because maybe i can get rid of my OpenGL subsytem error

plz tell me :)

RE: Intel Chipsets by .blade// on 06-17-2005 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
lol

2) i want it because maybe i can get rid of my OpenGL subsytem error

plz tell me :)

1) Well what is this identifying, your motherboard or your processor?
2) Integrated graphics is only on some cards and you'd actually have to move your monitor cord from your graphics card to your motherboard (and it would not use your video card at all).
RE: Intel Chipsets by Jhrono on 06-17-2005 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .blade//
1) Upgrade to 2.91
quote:
You dont :P

Look here,
[Image: error.jpg]..
on the bar on the top it says : 'Intel Chipset Identification Utility Version 3.05..

So what you have to do is downgrade and prolley you'll see  ur Integrated Graphics Listed..
RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-18-2005 at 03:32 AM

yea johny ur right..i had verison 3.05 and i used 2.91 and then it detected the things that 3.05 didnt detect..hmph and i had some hope for my probs :P

well thanks anyways blade, johny

* SikStyles runs back to lookin why a game cant load OpenGL subsystem

RE: Intel Chipsets by .blade// on 06-18-2005 at 03:36 AM

quote:
yea johny ur right..i had verison 3.05 and i used 2.91 and then it detected the things that 3.05 didnt detect..hmph and i had some hope for my probs :P

well thanks anyways blade, johny

* SikStyles runs back to lookin why a game cant load OpenGL subsystem

Do you have the latest video card drivers?
RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-18-2005 at 04:06 AM

well i think i do..i went to intel.com and downloaded what i thought i shud download but they all said i have the latest and didnt need to upgrade :-/

RE: Intel Chipsets by CookieRevised on 06-18-2005 at 10:10 AM

Intel is a company that mainly makes processors, they don't make motherboards and other stuff for computers (much). I stronlgy doubt that you've downloaded the correct latest drivers for your integrated vga, let alone drivers for the integrated graphics chip. Such drivers are found on the homepage of the motherboard manufacture (which is for sure not Intel), nowhere else...

Please state your the correct and complete brand, type and version of your motherboard. You'll find this in your motherboard manual or on the motherboard itself (useually printed somewhat in the middle on the board itself.)

Also state the exact location on what you have downloaded from the Intel website.

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-18-2005 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Please state your the correct and complete brand, type and version of your motherboard. You'll find this in your motherboard manual or on the motherboard itself (useually printed somewhat in the middle on the board itself.)

ok, i doubt that my cousin still has the manual for the comp..it was 3 years ago when he sbought the computer and she is not home right now..but i'll try to look for it on the motherboard
quote:
Also state the exact location on what you have downloaded from the Intel website.

oh what i downloaded never finished installing because they all said i dont need them so they stopped..and deleted the download file..if u want i can still give u the link?

RE: Intel Chipsets by mad_onion on 06-18-2005 at 12:56 PM

what so do you only have intergrated graphis or what? do you have a agp graphis card? if you dont then the intergrated graphics is enabled. yeah i think seeing what you are trying to download would be helpful because that is a very strange error. when does this opengl subsystem error occur, when trying to load a game?

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-18-2005 at 01:13 PM

no i dont have a AGP graphics card..i dont even have AGP slots..(they are brown rite) i have told i have PCI slots.

the opengl error comes when i try to load a game yes

this error never came when i had Windows Home Edition..but then my HDD fried and now i have Windows XP

tnx

RE: Intel Chipsets by Apatik on 06-18-2005 at 02:49 PM

there's no 'windows home edition', but a 'windows xp home edition' or 'windows millennium edition' ;)

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-18-2005 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
there's no 'windows home edition', but a 'windows xp home edition' or 'windows millennium edition' ;)

heh sorry i meant Windows XP Home Edition :)

EDIT: i looked at the motherboard inside the comp and i cudnt see where the manufacturer..i saw some chips that had Intel on em and sometin other and then i saw this TUW-LA on the motherboard..but i doubt that that's the one

RE: Intel Chipsets by mad_onion on 06-18-2005 at 03:24 PM

hmm see the thing is updating your graphics chipset on the motherboard might not even solve the probelm
mabye you need to like install opengl again although i have no idea how you do that or if it is hard or not or even if you can. and you are running directx 9c right?

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-18-2005 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
hmm see the thing is updating your graphics chipset on the motherboard might not even solve the probelm
mabye you need to like install opengl again although i have no idea how you do that or if it is hard or not or even if you can. and you are running directx 9c right?

i dont know about the directx 9c :-/
RE: Intel Chipsets by mad_onion on 06-18-2005 at 05:31 PM

oh ok well that is REALLY important lol i wish you had metioned it sooner. :)
you can find ou which version you are running by going Start>Run>and then type dxdiag this will tell you the version you have. also, it tells you if there are any problems with the directx files. if you need to upgrade or reinstall then go here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...197&displaylang=en

but im sure you can get it from Windows Update when did you last go?

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-18-2005 at 05:39 PM

quote:
oh ok well that is REALLY important lol i wish you had metioned it sooner. :)
you can find ou which version you are running by going Start>Run>and then type dxdiag this will tell yo the version you have. if you need to upgrade then go here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...197&displaylang=en

but im sure you can get it from Windows Update when did you last go?

i have directx 9c

[Image: attachment.php?pid=482254]

i do automatic updates..i dont go to Windows's website to get em

so what should i do?
RE: RE: Intel Chipsets by CookieRevised on 06-18-2005 at 10:17 PM

quote:
quote:
oh what i downloaded never finished installing because they all said i dont need them so they stopped..and deleted the download file..if u want i can still give u the link?
ermmm... that's what I asked(?)
(Also, you said before that you did install the drivers(?))

quote:
i looked at the motherboard inside the comp and i cudnt see where the manufacturer..i saw some chips that had Intel on em and sometin other and then i saw this TUW-LA on the motherboard..but i doubt that that's the one
The type number isn't something you'll see on chips, it also isn't something from Intel (as I said before). Motherboard type numbers are very cryptic and consist out of letters and numbers and are printed on the motherboard itself...

List all the numbers and letters you'll see on the motherboard itself (thus not on chips etc).

Also, try to take a closeup picture of the motherboard so we can direct you a bit to where to look...

EDIT: As a last resort do this:

go to http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1
and download EVEREST Home Edition (it's free).

After you've installed it, run it. After that you'll see a list on the right site:
1) select the top item (EVEREST vx.xx.xxx)
2) select the menu Report > Quick Reports - All pages > Plain Text
3) Now everything about you PC is diagnosed, this can take a while though...
4) A new window is presented, there you select Save to File
5) Save the file and attach it in an email to me (see the email address in my signature). Note that I ask to mail it and not attaching it to a post on the forum because it will contain personal information which you don't want to put in public...

---------

quote:
what so do you only have intergrated graphis or what? do you have a agp graphis card?
Integrated graphics, as said before...
quote:
if you dont then the intergrated graphics is enabled.
No, not neccesairly. Internal graphics can be enabled via BIOS or via DIP-switches, depending on the motherboard type....
quote:
when does this opengl subsystem error occur, when trying to load a game?
see:
* Error: Could not load OpenGL subsystem
* *Sigh* Another Error :(
(also note to SikStyles: keep the threads of the same subject/problem to 1, don't make multiple threads for the same problem(s) to avoid the things what is happening now: repeated questions, confussion, etc...)
quote:
Who's speaking of upgrading chipsets? You can't even update a chipset on a motherboard. The only thing you could update is the BIOS chip and even that is hardly and very rarly done...
quote:
OpenGL isn't something you install. It is a language subset which graphic chips support.

RE: Intel Chipsets by mad_onion on 06-19-2005 at 08:42 AM

wow thanks that cleared a lot of stuff up but i dont know what to say you see to have new drivers and software for everything i dont know what to say, cookie seems to be "in the know" im sure he can help :)

RE: Intel Chipsets by squall_leonhart69r on 06-19-2005 at 09:40 AM

Give us a look at the DXdiag Display page

i'll tell you what you need

probably running the default windows drivers which don't support anything above Opengl1.0

RE: Intel Chipsets by John Anderton on 06-19-2005 at 09:57 AM

Err ... where did u get that utility :cheesy: ??

RE: Intel Chipsets by squall_leonhart69r on 06-19-2005 at 10:04 AM

its on the intel website

and comes with most intel motherboards on the bonus/driver disc

RE: Intel Chipsets by surfichris on 06-19-2005 at 10:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
its on the intel website

DXdiag comes with DirectX. If you have DirectX you have DXdiag. :rolleyes:
RE: Intel Chipsets by John Anderton on 06-19-2005 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
quote:
its on the intel website

DXdiag comes with DirectX. If you have DirectX you have DXdiag. :rolleyes:
Err
... Surfi i mean where did he get the original thing. That system
whatever that is the point of the thread. I know that dxdiag is a part
of dx :rolleyes: :p

RE: Intel Chipsets by CookieRevised on 06-19-2005 at 12:23 PM

What "thing", what "utility"???? please read posts carefully (much has been said and suggested already) and be as clear as possible yourself. And only post when you know what you're talking about...

quote:
probably running the default windows drivers which don't support anything above Opengl1.0
Hence we are trying to find out what type of driver he needs
RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-19-2005 at 02:28 PM

well Cookie i got a picture of my motherboardand. I also sent u an email last nite with the report info so check ur mail

k the motherboard.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=482681]

Edit: after looking some time my head in the computer i think i found the name or the number u need..is it the white strip under the fan?

Edit#2: the dxdiag says i have directx verison 9c but the report i got from Everest Home Edition said i have directx 6.0 or sometin like that.. but maybe it wasnt that directx .. omg im sooo confused :S

Edit#3: well i think i got the code of the motherboard.. here it is :
MSAG28070-02100-M6PHX1-A06 D D

tnx guys again for helping me to sort this thing out!

RE: Intel Chipsets by squall_leonhart69r on 06-19-2005 at 03:58 PM

Argh, not am MSA board.. i hate them

kk..

heh heh cooler master suxors LOL :P

anyways

chris boulton, please try to keep up with the convo

anyways

that motherboard code isn't going to help

can you look for a serial number or brand id or something

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-19-2005 at 04:00 PM

well that was all i found..i dont know where else to look :S

RE: Intel Chipsets by squall_leonhart69r on 06-19-2005 at 04:12 PM

HEY HEY

actually, if you reboot the computer, and pause it on the post screen it should tell you what model mobo it is!!!!

the post screen is the one where the memory gets counted and the ide drives are detected

RE: Intel Chipsets by Garndell on 06-19-2005 at 04:45 PM

Or use a thrid part program like SiSoft Sandra or CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php) which should tell you what motherboard you have.

RE: Intel Chipsets by squall_leonhart69r on 06-19-2005 at 05:01 PM

erm... hes already tried Everest, and if it does't say it in there it won't say in cpuz or SiSoft

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-19-2005 at 05:57 PM

hmm im waiting on CookieRevised answer, i sent him an email that he wanted me to send..so im kinda waiting and trying to figure out if i have Directx 9c or Directx v6.0 .. cuz everest says i have v6 and dxdiag says i have v9 i dont know..

RE: Intel Chipsets by CookieRevised on 06-19-2005 at 06:38 PM

quote:
chris boulton, please try to keep up with the convo
(...)
that motherboard code isn't going to help
can you look for a serial number or brand id or something
erm, try to keep up yourself ;), this is already asked and SikStyles is (was) checking it...

quote:
actually, if you reboot the computer, and pause it on the post screen it should tell you what model mobo it is!!!!
often but not always on all types of mobo and with all biosses...

---

Now, SikStyles,

First of all, mind you that there are almost always 2 seperate things to consider! Firstly, what is your motherboard/graphics card/etc capable of supporting. This is know as hardware support. Then there are software drivers which could support also several things and often support higher versions of the ons you find on the hardware devices.

But, a hardware device supporting a specific version is much better then a software supporting the same version. Software support means the software drivers need to emulate the stuff and thus uses lots of resources, speed, memory, cpu power, etc. Hardware supported versions are thus much faster en resource efficient (it isn't your CPU that needs to do the calculation, but the hardware chips themselfs; your CPU isn't used in that case)

For you this means that your hardware supports DirectX 6.x. But the graphic drivers you have support DirectX 8.x. Thus... if, for example, a game uses only DirectX 5.0, your graphical processor does all the work. If a game requires DirectX 8.0, your software drivers come into action and do the supporting (but of course, this is much much slower and CPU intensive).

The DirectX 9.0 comes from the DirectX software itself and doesn't nessecairly mean you can run in DirectX Video 9.0 mode. This is only when your drivers support it also or when drivers aren't needed; Remember that DirectX is only a name for a whole array of software support: you have "DirectX Sound", "DirectX Video", etc. So it is quite possible that your sound drivers do support DirectX 9.0 (only your graphic drivers don't)...

This same story goes for your graphical memory also (you once asked this question on the forum). Your integrated graphics have only 4MB of memory on board (this means locally inside the graphic chip so to speak), but it can use up to 32MB of your system memory (this means non-locally, thus from your total computer memory).

---

Now, some of your specs:

Motherboard: Asus TUW-LA rev.1 (ASUSTeK Computer)
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Whitney i810E (03/13/2002-I810E-TUW-LA)

BIOS Type: Award Medallion 3.05 (03/13/02)

Video Adapter: Intel 82810E GMCH Graphics Controller (32 MB)
3D Accelerator: Intel i752
GPU Code Name: Intel i752 (Integrated 8086 / 7125, Rev 03)
Available Local Video Memory: 4096 KB
Available Non-Local Video Memory (AGP): 32768 KB

Installed Graphics Driver in Windows: i81xdnt5 (id 6.13.01.3198)
6 => Windows 2000 and Windows XP
13 => DirectX 8.x support
01 => ?
3198 => build number

Your integrated graphics adapter isn't supported anymore. This means no updates for drivers anymore or anything. But older drivers can still be downloaded from here.
Important note: you have a custom build driver from HP based upon the latest version already, so you don't need an update!

But, your integrated graphics adapter doesn't support many modes/instructions which modern games require!
eg: 32-bit Rendering is not supported. Hardware Transform & Lighting is not supported, etc. And it seems that OpenGL isn't supported either (although I'm not sure of it; but even the fact that this is questionable is a reason to believe it isn't supported fully at the least)

---

My suggestion, buy a cheap but decent and up-to-date AGP graphics card...
RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-19-2005 at 07:01 PM

well thank you for this long explanation..i get it now but 2 things

1)I was able to play the game with Windows XP Home Edition and with 128mb ram and same processor, but i had an old HDD..now after the old HDD friend i got +256mb of ram and a better HDD and Windows XP pro.. how come was i able to play ( very hard on the eyes btw) with basically crappier system and now with a better system i cant

2) i cant buy an AGP grapics card because i dont have AGP slots ... i think ...

RE: Intel Chipsets by CookieRevised on 06-19-2005 at 07:12 PM

quote:
1)I was able to play the game with Windows XP Home Edition and with 128mb ram and same processor, but i had an old HDD..now after the old HDD friend i got +256mb of ram and a better HDD and Windows XP pro.. how come was i able to play ( very hard on the eyes btw) with basically crappier system and now with a better system i cant
Make sure all your settings are correct! Aswell as in the BIOS (for the HDD and memory) as in Windows XP Pro (for compatibily stuff)..

Also, I noticed you have two different types of DIMM memory modules. This should (edit:) NOT be a problem, but it could be a problem though...

quote:
2) i cant buy an AGP grapics card because i dont have AGP slots ... i think ...
I meant buy an external one, AGP, PCI, VESA (do they still make those :P), whatever...

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-19-2005 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Also, I noticed you have two different types of DIMM memory modules. This should be a problem, but it could be a problem though...

how can i disable one or whatever?

quote:
Make sure all your settings are correct! Aswell as in the BIOS (for the HDD and memory) as in Windows XP Pro (for compatibily stuff)

how wud i know if my settings are correct?

RE: Intel Chipsets by John Anderton on 06-21-2005 at 04:35 AM

quote:

What "thing", what "utility"???? please read posts carefully (much has been said and suggested already) and be as clear as possible yourself. And only post when you know what you're talking about..
I am talking about ...
quote:
[Image: error.jpg]

That utility.
"Intel Chipset Identification Utility"
EDIT: I found it on google.
quote:
My suggestion, buy a cheap but decent and up-to-date AGP graphics card...
I dont have an AGP slot. Only PCI slots and PCI cards are costlier :-/
RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-21-2005 at 05:19 AM

hmm i guess me and John are on the same boat..appearantly a shitty one ..

Umm John what version did u use for that utility and did it detect everything?

and if u can tell me what is ur BIOS version

RE: Intel Chipsets by John Anderton on 06-21-2005 at 05:23 AM

quote:

hmm i guess me and John are on the same boat..appearantly a shitty one ..
True :P Just like we talked on msn
quote:

Umm John what version did u use for that utility and did it detect everything?
The 3.05 one doesnt detect for me but the 2.91 does and it shows everything correctly :)
quote:
and if u can tell me what is ur BIOS version
Err .... i dunno :$ How do i see it ??
Im comming on msn soon :)
RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-21-2005 at 05:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton

The 3.05 one doesnt detect for me but the 2.91 does and it shows everything correctly

same as mine
quote:
Err .... i dunno How do i see it ??

u should be able to see it in BIOS screen or i think in dxdiag (start>run>dxdiag) or another 100% way is Everest Home Edition and you can download it right here Click Here to get

quote:
Im comming on msn soon

heh no need to hurry.. im house-sitting a house and cant be on msn because its retarded :( .. but i will be at my real home a few times

RE: RE: Intel Chipsets by CookieRevised on 06-21-2005 at 10:27 PM

quote:
another 100% way is Everest Home Edition and you can download it right here Click Here to get
If you provide links, always try to provide the link to the official (download) pages. Not a link to a maybe outdated, misinformed, not working, infected, etc page... I gave the correct links in one of my previous post ;)

quote:
go to http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1
and download EVEREST Home Edition (it's free).

;)
RE: Intel Chipsets by squall_leonhart69r on 06-22-2005 at 10:54 AM

ok, since your chip has no hardware support

try this

its called 3danalyser, it'll emulate the calls required to let you play games by forcing them through the cpu

http://www.falconfly.de/downloads/3danalyzer-v236.zip

this will be slower, and i can't promise anything

but by using this program i was able to get halo to work like it should do

they disabled the cloaking effect on the NV3x series where as they leave it working on the R3xx series

using this program i was able to fool halo into thinkin my card was a Radeon 9800pro and it enabled the full cloaking effects

this program is also used on 3dfx cards to emulate the missing features
(including Hardware Transform and lighting)

RE: Intel Chipsets by John Anderton on 06-22-2005 at 11:03 AM

quote:
ok, since your chip has no hardware support
try this
its called 3danalyser, it'll emulate the calls required to let you play
games by forcing them through the cpu
httpwww.falconfly.de/downloads/3danalyzer-v236.zip
Its asking
for a user name and password for me
[Image: msn_confused.gif] Cant
you upload it somewhere or something
[Image: msn_confused.gif] Or
you could just send it to me via msn. Im using Firefox and Dap.

RE: Intel Chipsets by squall_leonhart69r on 06-22-2005 at 11:11 AM

strange
i downloaded this just 4 days ago

heres a fixed link
http://www.traumatic.de/pphlogger/dlcount.php?id=...danalyzer-v236.zip

RE: Intel Chipsets by John Anderton on 06-22-2005 at 12:17 PM

1) Double post
[Image: msn_tongue.gif]
2) w00t it works. Well the copy u sent to me over msn works. I just put
my video card as Ati Raedon 8500 i think ^o) and the game was fine. But
after 3 - 4 rounds of cs - cz it became slow again
[Image: xso_undecided.gif] But
it was fun while it lasted
[Image: msn_grin.gif] (A)

RE: Intel Chipsets by squall_leonhart69r on 06-22-2005 at 01:02 PM

running my 5900XT in ATI Radeon 9800pro shader pathways by using 3danalyse to fool my system into thinking its running a 9800pro
[Image: halowith3danylyse5900XTin9800Promode.jpg]

without 3d analyse in normal mode
[Image: halowithout3danylyse5900XTstandard.jpg]

notice how master chief looks sort of crystal clear in the top pic but in the bottom pic he is faded colour

this is what bungee has done to use Nvidia users for no reason

i found there to be NO!!! performance difference between the 2 pathways

RE: Intel Chipsets by John Anderton on 06-22-2005 at 05:50 PM

I was running a 8500 and my game was a bit slow after some time. Ill try the 9800 and euro 04 to see if i can see the textures for a change :-/ :P

RE: Intel Chipsets by SikStyles on 06-22-2005 at 11:37 PM

k when i get home i'll try it for sure,..tnx again Leonhart

RE: Intel Chipsets by squall_leonhart69r on 06-24-2005 at 11:42 AM

hope it helps, if not there are still other methods to go down. such as getting an API wrapper