Shoutbox

Cannot view Contact Cards - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Cannot view Contact Cards (/showthread.php?tid=46516)

Cannot view Contact Cards by MikeTheThug on 06-18-2005 at 06:23 PM

Hello,

I recently haven't been able to view people's contact cards. The problem just occoured, I didn't download any add-ons or whatever. When I click the button to view there contact card, nothing appears.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

-Mike (The Thug)

RE: Cannot view Contact Cards by Lou on 06-18-2005 at 07:25 PM

check your about and tell me the exact code of your msn messenger....maybe its 7 but an old build...also maybe its just server maintenace in your area...I dont have trouble...

text in navy has been edited

RE: Cannot view Contact Cards by Zephyr on 06-18-2005 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
also maybe its just server maintenace in your area...I dont have trouble...

I don't think that a contact card not appearing would be anything to do with server maintenance. If he could see the contact card, but nothing appeared on it, then maybe, but as the contact card won't appear, it's probably something wrong with the actual program.

Try uninstalling through control panel, add/remove programs, MSN Messenger, Remove.

Then download and install from messenger.msn.com.

Also, is anything else not working properly, or is it only the contact cards.
RE: Cannot view Contact Cards by jren207 on 06-18-2005 at 09:59 PM

It does that to me sometimes, some people's cards will load and some won't. Usually, if I go to that contact's space straight in the browser, it says, "This space is temporarely unavailable". So probably that's why MSN can't download anything to put on the card.

RE: Cannot view Contact Cards by Zephyr on 06-18-2005 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
It does that to me sometimes, some people's cards will load and some won't. Usually, if I go to that contact's space straight in the browser, it says, "This space is temporarely unavailable". So probably that's why MSN can't download anything to put on the card.

Are you talking about Spaces loading on the contact card or the contact card not appearing at all?

I think MikeTheThug was saying that nothing appears at all when he clicks the button. Well, that's what i got from it.
RE: Cannot view Contact Cards by jren207 on 06-18-2005 at 10:11 PM

ahh, if it's just the spaces info not loading then, well server problem, but if a dp and name etc doesn't show, then what monster.rat said earlier on in this thread...

RE: Cannot view Contact Cards by daredavid on 06-19-2005 at 02:16 AM

im having a similar problem too, i try to view the msn profiles of the people from my contact list, but the sites from messenger.msn.com dont seem to load anymore. they were fine last week ...

RE: Cannot view Contact Cards by MikeTheThug on 06-19-2005 at 02:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
check your about and tell me the exact code of your msn messenger....maybe its 7 but an old build...

Its 7.0.0813

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
I don't think that a contact card not appearing would be anything to do with server maintenance. If he could see the contact card, but nothing appeared on it, then maybe, but as the contact card won't appear, it's probably something wrong with the actual program.

Try uninstalling through control panel, add/remove programs, MSN Messenger, Remove.

Then download and install from messenger.msn.com.

Also, is anything else not working properly, or is it only the contact cards.

I tried that and it still doesn't work. Its just the contact card thats not working.

And to clear up what the others were saying, the contact card does not show at all. I can still get to MSN Spaces via the MSN Spaces button at the top (beside MSN Today). Its just the contact card that isn't showing up. Thats my only problem.