Shoutbox

What the hell? A supervirus or just Norton being dumb? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: What the hell? A supervirus or just Norton being dumb? (/showthread.php?tid=46539)

What the hell? A supervirus or just Norton being dumb? by .blade// on 06-19-2005 at 02:36 AM

Ok, everything was fine this morning, I left for the day, then I got back on just now to find Norton saying "Tampered", then after like 30 seconds it goes back to normal...what the? :|

RE: What the hell? A supervirus or just Norton being dumb? by squall_leonhart69r on 06-19-2005 at 03:30 AM

if your running either version 2004 or 2005, it has a built in protection which will repair any damaged files if a virus has messed with them

RE: RE: What the hell? A supervirus or just Norton being dumb? by Patchou on 06-19-2005 at 04:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
if your running either version 2004 or 2005, it has a built in protection which will repair any damaged files if a virus has messed with them

well, it will also do it for no reason at all.. it did it for me many times already and you can bet that this year, I will certainely NOT renew my license again.
RE: What the hell? A supervirus or just Norton being dumb? by squall_leonhart69r on 06-19-2005 at 05:34 AM

never happened to me, could be something to do with any of the programs your running?

RE: What the hell? A supervirus or just Norton being dumb? by Dane on 06-19-2005 at 05:54 AM

Norton 2004 Product Line is A LOT more sensitive to this due to changes that Windows XP Service Pack 2 makes.  The WMI Patch that it installs for compatability may improve it a bit, but the problem is still MUCH more common on the 2004 product line.

If you're using a 2005 product, chances are Norton just malfunctioned once or twice or a program tried modifying a Norton file.

Norton is good software.  But all software has bugs ;), so you can understand that, cant you Patchou?  Renew your license. </symantec whore>