Shoutbox

Autopatcher -> Plus Removed! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Autopatcher -> Plus Removed! (/showthread.php?tid=46593)

Autopatcher -> Plus Removed! by Chestah on 06-20-2005 at 07:07 AM

[QUOTE=Neowin.net]b. Messenger Plus! 
After numerous posts regarding Microsoft's Anti-Spam finding spyware in the Messenger Plus! setup file, I decided it would be better to remove Messenger Plus! from AutoPatcher. Sorry.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=0c80a2d72e68f978c98a57d0c7c8505e&showtopic=334257

microsoft anti-spam :O?
RE: Autopatcher -> Plus Removed! by Mnjul on 06-20-2005 at 07:54 AM

I think he means Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware, something less reliable than your instinct :p

RE: Autopatcher -> Plus Removed! by dreaded on 06-21-2005 at 02:58 AM

Another reason to reconsider the 20 sec add thing or another way msg plus it getting trashed and trampled on now. Ms antispyware tells everyone its bad and since its free and since its ms everyone will be using it. Download.com removed msg plus. And now Autopatcher. I am sure it will be spread to something else to. Msg plus is starting to get allot of attention and its just gonna get worse cuase we try to defend it in their own forums/websites and other forums/websites which winds up very long threads and words spread to others and they decide to trash etc... Very bad attention. I wish people could learn how to freaking read the sponsor is optional and its not spyware. Msg plus is good and safe, its your choice to install sponsor or not people need to learn how to read and stop trashing msg plus.

RE: Autopatcher -> Plus Removed! by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2005 at 08:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
Msg plus is starting to get allot of attention and its just gonna get worse cuase we try to defend it in their own forums/websites and other forums/websites which winds up very long threads and words spread to others and they decide to trash etc... Very bad attention.
that is true, but it's better than doing nothing... maybe one day people will understand after they read the numerous posts about it (y)