Shoutbox

Suggestion: Parse convo window into HTML? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: Parse convo window into HTML? (/showthread.php?tid=46640)

Suggestion: Parse convo window into HTML? by Gareth on 06-21-2005 at 03:12 PM

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I should have put it in the plugins section or not, but anywhere here is my idea.

I was thinking about the convo window where all the chat goes, and I was wondering if it would be possible to make this into a webpage inside the program that updates itself (having not programmed with msn before, I dont know exactly how the orignal system works). So everything that had been said would be displayed with html or something like that.
You may be wondering why? Well if that could be done then maybe skins could be used to make the chat window a bit more exciting, maybe some pictures or layout tables as to who has said what (iChat anyone?)

Would this have to be built into msg+ or could it be a plugin?

Thanks, hope you dont think its too much of crazy idea.

Gareth

RE: Suggestion: Parse convo window into HTML? by absorbation on 06-21-2005 at 04:29 PM

Ok i dont really get what your asking for :P

Is it making msn look better e.g skin it or have a webpage showing on msn (in the convosation)

RE: Suggestion: Parse convo window into HTML? by RaceProUK on 06-21-2005 at 04:29 PM

Changing the UI at such a fundamental level would require new code in Messenger itself. Unless, of course, you made a 'shell' for Messenger, in which you'd use your own conversation windows.

RE: Suggestion: Parse convo window into HTML? by Gareth on 06-21-2005 at 07:01 PM

Ah ok, so not really a chance of it happening without a lot of code being added or changed?

RE: Suggestion: Parse convo window into HTML? by Millenium_edition on 06-21-2005 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth
Ah ok, so not really a chance of it happening without a lot of code being added or changed?
mainly changed... and no. unless someone replaces the msn windows with his own, what is very unlikely to happen
RE: Suggestion: Parse convo window into HTML? by absorbation on 06-21-2005 at 07:05 PM

Why not change the link msn today uses? Or do i just not get the first post still :cry:

RE: Suggestion: Parse convo window into HTML? by RaceProUK on 06-21-2005 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Or do i just not get the first post still :cry:
No you don't. He wants the convo window to be changed to an HTML page effectively.