Shoutbox

Picture Stealer that takes the actual image? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Picture Stealer that takes the actual image? (/showthread.php?tid=46658)

Picture Stealer that takes the actual image? by DJ_The_SP on 06-21-2005 at 08:31 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if there was actually a picture stealer that can take the actual image being used by another person as his avatar.

So for example he chooses a big photograph and you can get it on that resolution as well rather then having the resized version thats in his msn picture.

Is there such a thing?

If not can anyone tell me where to find a normal picture stealer?

Thanks a lot. :)

RE: Picture Stealer that takes the actual image? by gif83 on 06-21-2005 at 08:33 PM

no, because the full size image is never sent by messenger

RE: Picture Stealer that takes the actual image? by DJ_The_SP on 06-21-2005 at 08:37 PM

Damn. :(

RE: Picture Stealer that takes the actual image? by CookieRevised on 06-21-2005 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_The_SP
Hi,

I was wondering if there was actually a picture stealer that can take the actual image being used by another person as his avatar.
Totally impossible. The "original" picture is always converted to the avatar you'll see. The "original" picture never leaves the computer of your contact and thus is never sent...
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_The_SP
If not can anyone tell me where to find a normal picture stealer?

You actually don't need a display picture stealer because the display pictures off your contacts are already on your computer....

They don't "steal" anything at all, since the display pictures and custom emoticons of your contacts are already saved on your own computer automatically by MSN Messenger... Display picture stealers do nothing more then simply copying those to another location and thus you can do this yourself also.

Read the (old) posts:
CookieRevised's reply to 'where does MSN Messenger store its stuff?'
CookieRevised's reply to 'How do CE/DP stealers work and do I need them?'
CookieRevised's reply to 'Non-Spyware CE/DP stealer/exporters'

;)

PS: for those who are going to reply with "StuffPlug-NG" or "program X" or "program Y" can steal display pictures, please follow the links I just gave; All those programs are already listed there, thus there is no need to repeat the same information over and over again... If there is a program not listed there, inform me about it and I'll update the list... ;)
RE: Picture Stealer that takes the actual image? by dreaded on 06-21-2005 at 09:39 PM

Here is another one msnripper http://www.huuf.net/

RE: Picture Stealer that takes the actual image? by Cartox on 06-21-2005 at 10:39 PM

if he/she has oversized dp active
then it would be possible,
but i don't now if you should hav it also then (with msngr 7 that is)

RE: Picture Stealer that takes the actual image? by CookieRevised on 06-21-2005 at 11:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cartox
if he/she has oversized dp active
then it would be possible,
even then it isn't (technically).... The original picture is converted both by size and by file format. The only part your contact can disable with this is the size element, the picture is still converted to a PNG... (in other words, if you import a moving GIF, you'll loose all the animation and other information, yet the size could be correct though).