Shoutbox

Extra settings for advanced users - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Extra settings for advanced users (/showthread.php?tid=4669)

Extra settings for advanced users by Patchou on 02-20-2003 at 02:54 AM

Hey everyone!

you want to customize your Messenger Plus! a little more than everyone else? lucky you! (I loved this Coke ad... sorry) I just finished a little documentation about the extra registry settings you can play with... see them at http://www.msgplus.net/regset.htm (Update: Problems Fixed with Website) . Oh, yeah, you're not dreaming, my web site is BACK ONLINE! wouhou!

* Patchou dances alone in his appartment

god I hate Linux.... why? lol, for the same reason a lot of people hate Windows: I don't know how to use it :p. Anyway, have fun with these settings, I really hope Tweak Plus! will be ready soon so that everyone can benefit of these 19 extra options.

Oh... one last thing... about the site design, it's all about content ok? I know it's just a FrontPage teme, it looks ugly but don't say it, Fraisie is the one who chose the theme so ;)..... you'll just have to wait for gfd to finish the real new web site. In the meantime, I'll put a lot of information on the web site so be sure you go read it.

Patchou.

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by sock on 02-20-2003 at 03:04 AM

OMG, that's way cool!:D You da man!!!!:bow::)
Oh and BTW.....

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
* Patchou dances alone in his appartment

With tampons on your ears?:P (sorry had to say that:P)
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Dane on 02-20-2003 at 03:06 AM

W00T! *does a jig* PATCHOUS SITE IS BACK ONLNE!  WOOT!

Show me the Site, Show me the site....BOOM! There it is, like that, dontcha bitch!  WOOT!

Autoupdate=Prollyworking right now!  WATCH ME GO....http://www.msgplus.net  BOOM, it works.

I have now expressed all of my joy.

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Patchou on 02-20-2003 at 03:39 AM

lol... well sock, if you like my dancing that much, you should have told me before, I would have been to Canadian Idol :p

RE: RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Dane on 02-20-2003 at 03:40 AM

quote:
lol... well sock, if you like my dancing that much, you should have told me before, I would have been to Canadian Idol :p

LOL!  You spelt socks name wrong, it is sock. with a period (sock.)!  LOL, he may yell at you now, hehe!
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Addo on 02-20-2003 at 05:11 AM

So Patchou.. does that iterate the fact that the auto-update feature is fully functional? :D (hope so)

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by shine on 02-20-2003 at 05:59 AM

Coool (y).. The site is UP

* shine goes to mess up the registry :bow: :D 

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by dom. on 02-20-2003 at 07:45 AM

Lovley site Patchou and Fraisie !

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Chrono on 02-20-2003 at 08:07 AM

Yup, Finally :grin:

:lol: @ sock :grin:

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by si3rra on 02-20-2003 at 09:00 AM

Goood work with the new version patchou!.. and tnx for the x-tra (x-rated?) settings :)

//si3rra

(Mirror updated!)

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Wabz on 02-20-2003 at 11:01 AM

Wow Patchou who da msn :bow:

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Johnny_Mac on 02-20-2003 at 11:47 AM

Is it just me or can everyone apart from me not get the site working. :undecided:

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Re-Mi on 02-20-2003 at 11:50 AM

yeah super super but all good tings must come to an end :'( because it's down again www.msgplus.net/regset.htm has fallen.
atleast for now i can't reach it well your 'home' page is working but your sub pages aint

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Banks on 02-20-2003 at 12:03 PM

me neither, can someone msg me the reg hacks

RE: RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Banks on 02-20-2003 at 12:13 PM

quote:

i didn't think the tryouts had started yet
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Johnny_Mac on 02-20-2003 at 12:58 PM

AN update to Patchous post... anyone reporting problems should re-read it.

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Menthix on 02-20-2003 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
Problems have been reports with Patchous host, for the time being at least Jae_x777 has uploaded a copy of the page to: http://www.xs4all.nl/~mail2jae/plus_regset/

All :bow: to Jae. (y)

Just talked to Patchou:
quote:
Jae says:
dude.. your site is very slow / down again 
Patchou says:
hahaha... I know..... it receives 120 requests per minute and it's far from finish... it's every people with older version of MP2 who need to update their software ... it will probably be like that for some days

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Wabz on 02-20-2003 at 02:38 PM

I was on the site this morning coz it had a rather gay frontpage design on it and i thought i was gonna be sick

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Patchou on 02-20-2003 at 03:23 PM

Yep, the web sitewill be very very slow for a while... but I checked my server log this morning and I'm happy to see that auto-update works.... it will just take some time so that every people who have MP2.0016 or below can update their software so that the site is not flooded of requests every day. Concerning the advanced reg settings, when I'll be back home this evening, I'll put the page on another server so that you can access it right away.

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Swaptor on 02-20-2003 at 03:38 PM

(Y)

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by [white]shark on 02-21-2003 at 08:53 AM

I don't know what to say, Patchou just gave me my homework (thx a lot, damn it, there goes my weekend, my social life :refuck: ).

[edit] Just looked at them, some nice options tho :tongue:[/edit]

Greetz

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Web_Master on 02-21-2003 at 10:31 AM

dont u have a social life? wudnt it be first over a msn program? or are u one of those ppl who live on the computer like 24/7? no offence to any one who does. but i wudnt stay at home for a program seriously

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by [white]shark on 02-21-2003 at 10:57 AM

quote:
dont u have a social life? wudnt it be first over a msn program? or are u one of those ppl who live on the computer like 24/7? no offence to any one who does. but i wudnt stay at home for a program seriously

Er, fyi, mind the 'refuck' smiley behind my sentence, which would mark it as a joke, which would make it.. a joke.

Greetz
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by reisyboy on 02-21-2003 at 01:04 PM

quote:

Oh... one last thing... about the site design, it's all about content ok? I know it's just a FrontPage teme, it looks ugly but don't say it, Fraisie is the one who chose the theme so ;)..... you'll just have to wait for gfd to finish the real new web site. In the meantime, I'll put a lot of information on the web site so be sure you go read it.

Patchou.

So whats GFD's site going to be like then patchou gfd? PHP? Flash?
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Patchou on 02-21-2003 at 04:09 PM

dunno but it looks f**ng amazing :)

RE: RE: Extra settings for advanced users by dom. on 02-21-2003 at 05:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy

I think GFD will use falsh :-/
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Sholin on 02-21-2003 at 05:16 PM

I just restarted on patchou's server, it seemed to be leaking a bit (i'm going to check on that). Just be sure you guys dont hit refresh every 2 seconds. Apache doesn't like 10,000 concurrent connections ;)

Also, if your running an older version that still updates, PLEASE UPGRADE. There has been over 19,000 requests for the update file, it will help lower the load on the server if everyone upgrades

Another update: Dont worry about posting outages here, I have a services watcher email me the moment the server is down (Patchou, if you'd like the same, ill add your email address also). Thanks for everyones patients.

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Wabz on 02-21-2003 at 05:23 PM

Cool I have visions of the website being super funky with patchou style cleverness

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Menthix on 02-22-2003 at 08:30 AM

Whoa... Patchou.... all sites are up and running at full speed..  finally! :)

http://www.msgplus.net
http://msgplus.patchou.com
http://www.patchou.com/msgplus

http://www.patchou.com/

update.dat availible an up-to-date on first three
firsttime.htm availible like it should

GREAT.... evrybody should be able to auto-update / visit your site now... let's hope the speed stays this nice :)

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Mnjul on 02-22-2003 at 08:55 AM

oh yeah yeah yeah yeah
gr8 gr8 gr8 gr8 gr8!!!
:d

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Web_Master on 02-22-2003 at 12:59 PM

press alt + f4 to make patchous sites work

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by lylesback2 on 02-22-2003 at 05:07 PM

took a few look overs, but i understand it :D

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Pure_BY on 02-22-2003 at 06:21 PM

the new site design is not ugly at all :P. I like it ;)

RE: RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Guido on 02-22-2003 at 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
php+flash+html... sort of a bit of all... and thanks patchou for your comments :$
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Patchou on 02-22-2003 at 07:40 PM

Yep, the web site is finally up and running nicely :). I'm sure it will continue like that... yesterday the server received 2,100,000 hits and it didn't die so... :).

As Sholin said: upgrade!!! if you have a version inferior to 2.01.17 to definitively have to update. If you sent Messenger Plus! to your contacts some weeks ago, you could send them the new version to be sure they upgrade asap.

Appart from that, I'd like you to tell me if you finally used some of the information of http://www.msgplus.net/regset.htm ... I really wonder if it's useful for some people.

Patchou

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Pure_BY on 02-22-2003 at 07:49 PM

that is VERY usefull, Patchou!! Very nice page!! but i did not change anything so far cuz' all deafult settings are (Y) for me [Image: icon_Smile_big.gif]

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Whacko on 02-23-2003 at 05:51 PM

hmmz who is working on that Tweak Plus! app?? if its announced already that it will come then either those people are real slow coders or they are n00bs who think they can make the best thing :P  i could make this in 3 evenings :P :P

but im not gonna be a little bitch and race them :P but if people really want me to, or if the developers of TweakPlus! want to herass me about what i just said :P just send a private message :)

RE: RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Re-Mi on 02-23-2003 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Whacko
hmmz who is working on that Tweak Plus! app?? if its announced already that it will come then either those people are real slow coders or they are n00bs who think they can make the best thing :P  i could make this in 3 evenings :P :P

but im not gonna be a little bitch and race them :P but if people really want me to, or if the developers of TweakPlus! want to herass me about what i just said :P just send a private message :)

hehehe well you realy don't know who's doing it ??
just pm. [white]sharke about it he's the one who is making it.
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Pure_BY on 02-23-2003 at 06:25 PM

i thought [white]shark was away... :undecided:

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by big_matty5 on 02-24-2003 at 05:16 AM

That would explain why its taking a fair while....

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by [white]shark on 02-24-2003 at 12:21 PM

I was away indeed, had to go away this weekend, then a format went bizar so I had to work on my computer, had to go and fetch myself a new copy of Windows XP. Everything is sorted out, and I apologize to anyone who has been waiting this weekend for a copy of Tweak Plus!. I'm may be a slow coder, but I don't break my promise to anyone (I wouldn't gain anything no would I).

Sorry again, but watch your mailboxes people :tongue:.

Greetz

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Wabz on 02-24-2003 at 02:22 PM

Cool sorry I didnt see this post before I PM'd ya

Kapeesh

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Pure_BY on 02-24-2003 at 04:55 PM

hey, where i'll be able to download Tweak Plus! ??? from your signature, [white]shark ???

RE: RE: Extra settings for advanced users by 2Pac on 02-24-2003 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slim Shady
hey, where i'll be able to download Tweak Plus! ??? from your signature, [white]shark ???

Hopefully soon (H)
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Wabz on 02-24-2003 at 11:45 PM

I hopefully I'll place it on my website www.likethat.org.uk if white shark will let me and no doubt anyone else faithful enough to do so

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Chrono on 02-25-2003 at 06:22 AM

Dont worry :wink:

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by LilAngel on 02-25-2003 at 07:09 PM

Hey Patchou, the site looks good! I like it.

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Patchou on 02-25-2003 at 07:53 PM

Thank you! coming from a girl it's 10 times more appreciated than coming from a guy (and 100 times more appreciated than coming from Chrono :p)

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Pure_BY on 02-25-2003 at 08:20 PM

well, as i told, i like the new webdesign of Plus! very much, it suits the software very good :P

maybe better not change it no new design? LOL

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Wabz on 02-25-2003 at 11:59 PM

Chrono must have issues because everyone likes the site but him :P :refuck:

Only kiddin ;)

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Dane on 03-07-2003 at 02:53 AM

Heh...PLUS ROCKS! Some of these settings are being employed by MsgPlus Zone!

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Mnjul on 03-09-2003 at 04:20 AM

I accidentally found http://www.msgplus.net/regest.htm has a setting "since 2.02.24"...is that a typo or Patchou when're you gonna release that?!

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by WDZ on 03-09-2003 at 04:24 AM

Patchou probably added that setting after 2.02.23 was released, and it'll be in the next release, 2.02.24. I think there were some problems with remote assistance that had to be fixed...

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Patchou on 03-09-2003 at 06:35 AM

yeah, and in fact, it may disappear as a fix has mabe been found for Remote Assistance.

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by WDZ on 03-26-2003 at 01:03 AM

I made a PHP script that automatically generates *.reg files to apply these advanced settings. You don't have to mess with regedit or download any programs... (Y)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/regset.php

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Swt_Azn_GurL on 03-26-2003 at 06:32 AM

nice =)

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by fluffy_lobster on 03-26-2003 at 05:42 PM

woah, great work WDZ!  shame i can't think of any reason to use those extra options... the defaults are fine for me

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Patchou on 03-27-2003 at 08:11 AM

wow, that's really nice! don't tell me after this that there is too many people going on this forum because you'Re doing everything you can to attract them :)

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Wabz on 03-27-2003 at 03:18 PM

lol I think it's getting to a point where we're gonna have to distribute the scripts around the web and not just in one place

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Pure_BY on 03-27-2003 at 03:41 PM

great job, WDZ! (Y)

so you made a kinda Online Tweak Plus!, right? :P

RE: RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Guido on 03-27-2003 at 11:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SLim Shady
so you made a kinda Online Tweak Plus!, right? :P
yeah :P

tweak plus is more automatic, as needs no execution of .reg files, but basically its the same. Tweak Plus probably will have more features.
RE: Extra settings for advanced users by WDZ on 03-28-2003 at 12:14 AM

I'm sure Tweak Plus will have more abilities... this is just a simple script that makes simple *.reg files... :P

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Wabz on 03-28-2003 at 03:22 PM

I hope so whats happening with Tweak PLus anyways

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by soccer_baby_player on 03-29-2003 at 10:24 PM

what is Tweak Plus???

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Guido on 03-29-2003 at 11:54 PM

Its a program to change the hidden registry settings that msgplus has (not released yet)

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by mark17563 on 04-02-2003 at 07:44 AM

ok .. tweak plus sounds like it will be really good and so so easy to use ., so ppl's when do we think it will be released .... also i have had MP when it first started on the screen its an unreal programme congrats again Patchou !!! woohoo..

RE: Extra settings for advanced users by Johnny_Mac on 04-08-2003 at 07:27 PM

Anyone wanting information about the extra setting can check out the following websites:

Coloured Nickname: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/nickcolor.html

Easter Eggs (Sound Commands): http://shoutbox.menthix.net/extras.htm

Other Plus! Info: http://www.mess.be or http://www.msgplus.net

Johnny_Mac
---
Topic Closed