Shoutbox

Removing Custom Emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Removing Custom Emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=46703)

Removing Custom Emoticons by ProblemWv Authority on 06-22-2005 at 08:34 PM

Hi.
I have hundreds of emoticons and I want to get rid of them all but it seems I can only remove them one my one :| which will take me about a year! Does anyone know a way to delete all of them in a quicker way?

RE: Removing Custom Emoticons by RaceProUK on 06-22-2005 at 09:18 PM

If you want to remove them all, just go to 'C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<passportID>\CustomEmoticons' and delete all the files there ;)

<username> = Windows username.
<passportID> = Hash of your Passport e-mail address. There's a prog somewhere on the forum in the post below.

Thanks shezi

RE: Removing Custom Emoticons by Shezi on 06-22-2005 at 09:18 PM

Hi.
if u want to remove all of ur custome emoticons then work out ur msn msngr id number by msn msngr id.exe
and goto ur id folder by following the link C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<MSN ID Number>\CustomEmoticons then remove the files..
there u go.. resignin ur msn then check the emoticons panel there u will see that all the custom emoticon are removed..

Caution: backup ur custom emoticons files and if u want to recover all ur custom emoticons then recover them to the same directory from where u had copied them..