Shoutbox

myBB help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: myBB help (/showthread.php?tid=46710)

myBB help by mwe99 on 06-22-2005 at 10:37 PM

Okay i need a place to upload and test it, is there any free sites like freewebs etc i could test with?

thanks

RE: myBB help by crazihouse on 06-22-2005 at 11:25 PM

There are less and less free hosts offering space with PHP enabled. It's  hard to find one that had PHP as well as MySQL because you need those two for myBB.

SO you need to either:
a. find someone who has his own account with a webhost (or get your own)
b. try it on your computer! all you need is Linux (or Windows), Apache webserver, MySQL and PHP. It's fun having your own webserver and all... at least i thought it was ^^

RE: RE: myBB help by YottabyteWizard on 06-22-2005 at 11:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by crazihouse
There are less and less free hosts offering space with PHP enabled. It's  hard to find one that had PHP as well as MySQL because you need those two for myBB.

SO you need to either:
a. find someone who has his own account with a webhost (or get your own)
b. try it on your computer! all you need is Linux (or Windows), Apache webserver, MySQL and PHP. It's fun having your own webserver and all... at least i thought it was ^^

...or:

c. Register in a forum server (like www.phpbbplanet.com) and run a forum there, i have one there, you can still configure everything you want, except for MODS and Backup/Restore Database.
RE: myBB help by Jhrono on 06-22-2005 at 11:34 PM

Get Apache2Triad, one of the most complete servers i've tested, or Easyphp, a simple one..Then just install stuff as you go..

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
...or:

c. Register in a forum server (like www.phpbbplanet.com) and run a forum there, i have one there, you can still configure everything you want, except for MODS and Backup/Restore Database.
he wants Mybb, not the dodgy phpbb...