Shoutbox

Strange Away Icon - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Strange Away Icon (/showthread.php?tid=46737)

Strange Away Icon by ProblemWv Authority on 06-23-2005 at 05:02 PM

Hi all. This isn't really anything that important or urgent or anything, I'm just a bit curios. Today when I set my status to away it had some really dodgy icon in the system tray, i think it might have been a lower resolution or colour version of it or something like that. strange:^)
[img][/img]

RE: Strange Away Icon by CookieRevised on 06-23-2005 at 05:06 PM

It's indeed the 16 color icon.... This means something has screwed up your msn messenger resources (a skin?) or something else is wrong. Try restarting msn messenger. If that doesn't solve it, try to repair it. If that doesn't solve it try to reboot. If that doesn't solve it redownload and reinstall msn messenger. If that doesn't work, though luck :P

Ps: please do not use BMP graphics to attach an image to the forum, they are rediculus big in size and the same image can easly be saved as JPG, GIF or PNG!!! Also why the big picture if all you need to show is the small system tray? Again a waste of bandwidth, especially when you use BMP's? see my attachment and the image size difference and especially the file size difference. ;)

RE: Strange Away Icon by ProblemWv Authority on 06-23-2005 at 05:08 PM

:P okidoke
wel it i doubt its a skin because i don't have one but it could be the new minor update of messengerdiscover x as this happen just after i installed it.
Thanks Cookie:)
[edit]ok sorry about that, i normally dont but i just rushed it on paint, il take it off now