Shoutbox

Suggestion: Display On Desktop - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: Display On Desktop (/showthread.php?tid=46746)

Suggestion: Display On Desktop by mwe99 on 06-23-2005 at 10:37 PM

Okay, so we all know about display on desktop, however i have a suggestion:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=484700]

Now we know that in MSN there is the option to show mini contact display pics, yet on display on desktop its just a green man.

My suggestion is to link the display on desktop with the contacts pic.

What do others think?

Other suggestion, allow mass option to show on desktop instead of doing them one by one

RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by Zephyr on 06-23-2005 at 10:42 PM

Display pictures on the desktop contacts have already been discussed before, but i can't find the threads at the moment.

EDIT: contacts on desktop which didn't really lead very far.

I do think its a good idea though and hope it does get added to plus.

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Other suggestion, allow mass option to show on desktop instead of doing them one by one

That can already be done throught the preferecnes.

Plus> Preferences> Contact list> Desktop Contact, then check the contacts.

RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by mwe99 on 06-23-2005 at 10:44 PM

I didn't know if it had been posted and couldn't find anything myself.

And yes it can be done but not in mass, you have to do it manually, which takes ages, especially if you want to check them all.

RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by Dane on 06-23-2005 at 11:24 PM

Hrm..., I'd suggest something like, the contacts mini-dp and then a small Green MSN Man in the bottom right corner indicating they are also online.  But good idea.

RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by Millenium_edition on 06-24-2005 at 11:19 AM

all contacts on desktop: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31...d=310429#pid310429

(from the time i was still a little bastard ¬¬ or more than now at least)

RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by kolch on 07-02-2005 at 03:05 PM

I reckon it would be cool to be able to have your online contacts stack up...like one on top of the other.

If a contact goes offline there desktop tab disappears and those above it drop down into its place.

Am I making any sense here?

Anyways I love the feature, but it can be worked on ;-)

RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by Purity on 07-02-2005 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Hrm..., I'd suggest something like, the contacts mini-dp and then a small Green MSN Man in the bottom right corner indicating they are also online.  But good idea.
I remember suggesting this feature, and exactly the same with danes idea.
RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by Patchou on 07-03-2005 at 05:41 PM

Well, I would do it but Plus! currently can't detect dp changes properly so the dp would never be up to date. That's why Plus! doesn't really use the dp anywhere. It will probably change at some point but not now :).

RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by mwe99 on 07-03-2005 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, I would do it but Plus! currently can't detect dp changes properly so the dp would never be up to date. That's why Plus! doesn't really use the dp anywhere. It will probably change at some point but not now :).

Thanks for clearing it up Patchou :) Oh well its not really important, just a suggestion
RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by jren207 on 07-04-2005 at 12:23 AM

Actually, why doesn't MSN download a picture from a contact when they come online, I probably sound stupid and I probably haven't searched around here enough... but anyway, why?

RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by FrozernFire on 07-04-2005 at 11:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207

Actually, why doesn't MSN download a picture from a contact when they come online, I probably sound stupid and I probably haven't searched around here enough... but anyway, why?
wasted bandwidth? :S plus it will screw up the open window notifiers even more :P
RE: Suggestion: Display On Desktop by jren207 on 07-04-2005 at 03:01 PM

ahh, I see lol.

Oh well, if the way of detecting DP's changes, then this idea might be good then... (y)