Shoutbox

i bought a new computer... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: i bought a new computer... (/showthread.php?tid=46753)

i bought a new computer... by TheMusicPirate on 06-24-2005 at 01:40 AM

and it cam with programs installed, and the certain program that came with is the lightscribe software.

i wanna know is there a way to back up the installed program?

RE: i bought a new computer... by Pyroteq on 06-24-2005 at 06:18 AM

Burn it to a disc...

Lightscirbe is sorta dodgey.

RE: i bought a new computer... by user27089 on 06-24-2005 at 06:28 AM

If it came like this when you brought it, it should have the "System restore" feature (not the one in Accessories), but when you start up your computer, it's like press F9 or something.

So when you reformat, the software that you got when the computer was first turned on, should be there...

Other than that, I am not sure how.

RE: i bought a new computer... by Stigmata on 06-24-2005 at 06:32 AM

no recovery disk?

most pc's with pre-installed applications come with a recovery disk that resets the computer to just windows, then installs the programs.

RE: i bought a new computer... by user27089 on 06-24-2005 at 07:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
most pc's with pre-installed applications come with a recovery disk that resets the computer to just windows, then installs the programs.

A lot of the newer computers, have a secondary "backup" hard-drive, which is around 3-4Gb, simply boot from this, and your computer will go through a reformatting process, reinstalling the Operating System that you got when your computer was first turned on :p.
RE: i bought a new computer... by BigTrev on 06-24-2005 at 08:22 AM

With my computer i just press F9 to formatt it. As the programs that came with my computer are installed after the formatt.

RE: i bought a new computer... by YottabyteWizard on 06-24-2005 at 02:21 PM

Nero and other Burning appzhave an option  to 'BackUP' the hard disk. ALso i think it's possible with Norton Ghost.

RE: i bought a new computer... by squall_leonhart69r on 06-24-2005 at 02:25 PM

norton ghost can make a backup image of the hard disk to restore from if something goes wrong

RE: i bought a new computer... by YottabyteWizard on 06-24-2005 at 02:27 PM

8-)

That's true... i used to have Norton so... just bad memories.

RE: i bought a new computer... by squall_leonhart69r on 06-24-2005 at 02:35 PM

you will also need to create the norton ghost boot disks so you can load norton ghost for dos to be able to reload the backup image

RE: i bought a new computer... by super-schaf on 06-24-2005 at 05:23 PM

well you can use partision magic to crate 2 disks out of one. thats what i did with norton ghost.

RE: i bought a new computer... by squall_leonhart69r on 06-24-2005 at 05:39 PM

partition magic is crap, don't its not a reliable program, it almost destroyed alot of my data not so long ago

RE: RE: i bought a new computer... by YottabyteWizard on 06-25-2005 at 03:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
partition magic is crap, don't its not a reliable program, it almost destroyed alot of my data not so long ago

I use PartitionMagic 7 Pro for everything, it doesn't destroy anything, maybe you just don't know how to use it, i play with my partitions and computers with it ;) (Y)

That's true, with Partition Magic is WAY easier.