Shoutbox

Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< (/showthread.php?tid=46782)

Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by sn1p3r on 06-24-2005 at 05:55 PM

When msn published the feature list of MSN 7.0 and i saw the feature 'custom animated emoticons' i was like woohoo that will be a great feature. But.. my thoughts about that have now changed as people have began replacing words for the animated pictures making sentances extremely hard to read in some cases.

The worst thing is, most people are just right clicking their friends emoticons and choosing 'add' without knowing that the shortcut for that emoticon is actually a word or letter and in most cases they do not know how to resolve the problem. It's just got to the point where it's started p***ing me off now and i was wondering if anyone else had experienced this with anyone they had talked to and what your views are on this problem.

Example:
[Image: grr12ro.jpg]

More Examples:
[Image: grr21xu.jpg]

[Image: grr31bh.jpg]

[Image: grr43ij.jpg]

RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by albert on 06-24-2005 at 05:58 PM

ye i got the same thing here. it gets annoying.. im just happy there's a 5 custom emoticon limit:)

RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by Millenium_edition on 06-24-2005 at 06:00 PM

hahahaha, all i can say is "owned". :D

RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by absorbation on 06-24-2005 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
happy there's a 5 custom emoticon limit

not with stuffplug :S
RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by Matti on 06-24-2005 at 06:20 PM

And thats where the shit goes on... :o

RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by aNILEator on 06-25-2005 at 10:34 AM

yeah i got that problem, the strangest thing is that they don't give a shit and have no order like (emote) or :emote: like i do

RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by user27089 on 06-25-2005 at 10:36 AM

I posted a thread about this a while back. It really annoys me, I think that the limit to the size of animated emoticons should be something like 30x30.

RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by super-schaf on 06-25-2005 at 10:55 AM

i live in switzerland and got swiss contacts and they dont do anything as bad as that! ;-)

RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by Veggie on 06-25-2005 at 11:48 AM

There is the option to disable custom emoticons in plus and if all else fails the block button

RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by kao on 06-25-2005 at 12:37 PM

haha, that's one of the reasons i don't talk to complete retards, and a reason i have all emotes turned off =p

RE: Attack of the animated MSN Emoticons >.< by Anubis on 06-25-2005 at 01:17 PM

Yeah, I've noticed a few people from my school who have started doing that, luckily not on a large scale though, but yeah, it's really annoying.

You can disable custom emoticons by doing the following;
- Main MSN Messenger Window
- Tools > Options
- Untick the box next to "Show custom emoticons"
- Click OK or Apply

Of course when you do that you run the risk of not being able to understand the text displayed now, instead of the images if they have been given dumb names.

You could always take the easy option of asking them to not do it, because you find it hard to read.

Or slowly try and teach them about what n00bs are, and how many people get confused with stunts like this.