Shoutbox

Mnhnnnn..whale..... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Mnhnnnn..whale..... (/showthread.php?tid=46794)

Mnhnnnn..whale..... by guanako on 06-24-2005 at 09:47 PM

i was just watching the news and they showed this news about japan and i decided to the research and found out it was true, people in japan eat whale meat and they even have whale hamburgers :S
here are some facts if dont believe me

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by mwe99 on 06-24-2005 at 09:52 PM

True, but it is just culture and nothing can change that. You can't tell a whole nation to stop eating something. If i had my way no meat would be eaten but i dont and thats just human nature, like the article says:

"Asking Japan to abandon this part of its culture would compare to Australians being asked to stop eating meat pies, Americans being asked to stop eating hamburgers and the English being asked to go without fish and chips."

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by M73A on 06-24-2005 at 09:53 PM

in south korea they have fried dog

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by guanako on 06-24-2005 at 09:55 PM

but i mean whales are indanger species. if they keep eating them soon there wont be none of them left. whats next? dolphins? :P

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by mwe99 on 06-24-2005 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
but i mean whales are indanger species. if they keep eating them soon there wont be none of them left. whats next? dolphins? :P

most animals get eaten lol  - its a fact of life.

I'm a vegetarian so no animals for me thanks
RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by Plik on 06-24-2005 at 10:06 PM

Norweigens hunt and eat whale's as well, and afaik the norweigens hunting them is permited because it is part of culture and one whale will feed a whole village.
Im not sure if the same applys for japan though.

What really sucks is shark fin soup, then catch the shark, cut its fin off, and chuck in back into the sea where it dies anyway :-/

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by DJeX on 06-24-2005 at 11:08 PM

I bet

quote:

I bet dolphins would taste preaty damn good or how about some seal or penguin? Mmmmm MMmmmm.

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by toddiot on 06-24-2005 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX

I bet dolphins would taste preaty damn good or how about some seal or penguin? Mmmmm MMmmmm.

:O! CRUEL! lol
RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by guanako on 06-24-2005 at 11:33 PM

that is so sad :( i ate iguana once, and snake and im dead serious

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by PenguinBoy on 06-25-2005 at 12:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
I bet
quote:

Why i shake my flipper at you!!! lol, u better watch out, u might get pecked.
I would try any of the above delicacies. I would find myself feeling a bit of a hypocrit if not. eating dog would be a bit wierd; friendly companion etc.

and yes you can eat me... If you catch me that is! *waddles speedilly off*
RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by L. Coyote on 06-25-2005 at 01:45 AM

8-) Americans and their stupid negative advertising...

This is a strategy to get people judge Japan, since they're trying to force them to stop hunting whales.

In my opinion, they could stop arguing and make them breed whales instead. That way everyone's happy.

Don't farmers have chickens and cows? How does a whale farm sound? :P

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by SikStyles on 06-25-2005 at 02:43 AM

people eat different food in different countries..its a culture thing..i bet japanese know that whales are endangered species and i bet the whale hamburger is very expensive..usually when it comes to eating animals they put prices very very high..so people rarely eat them ..that way they use many up many animals..such as whales..

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by haydos on 06-25-2005 at 04:08 AM

quote:
whats next? dolphins? :P
Ever had tuna/salmon?

quote:
Originally posted by Killov
In my opinion, they could stop arguing and make them breed whales instead. That way everyone's happy.

I think thats a really good idea and I really dont see why it hasnt been enforced...
The only thing its not too hard to farm chickens and cows because they are easy to capture in the first place without killing/harming, but its not that easy for whales...

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by albert on 06-25-2005 at 04:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by haydn
The only thing its not too hard to farm chickens and cows because they are easy to capture in the first place without killing/harming, but its not that easy for whales...

Also the facility that has to be made is a lot more expensive and needs a little bigger space ;-)
RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by L. Coyote on 06-25-2005 at 04:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by haydn
I think thats a really good idea and I really dont see why it hasnt been enforced...
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
Also the facility that has to be made is a lot more expensive and needs a little bigger space ;-)
Indeed, that's why they rather enforce a law that not everyone will follow, trying to break a culture food from other countries. :P

They could get big tanks and breed whales in it. Then we could all enjoy our whale burgers. :drool:
RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by John Anderton on 06-25-2005 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
in south korea they have fried dog
In Guiness Primetime they showed that there is a hotel in China that serves Rats :dodgy:
RE: RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by guanako on 06-25-2005 at 05:02 PM

quote:
8-) Americans and their stupid negative advertising...

This is a strategy to get people judge Japan, since they're trying to force them to stop hunting whales.

i didnt post this to make any bad comments against japanese people or judgement, i heard it so i reserached it and found out it was true, i just tought on letting some people know about it, and i think is great to learn and also know others people culture and not judge them for what they do, but for who they are.
RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by L. Coyote on 06-25-2005 at 08:06 PM

quote:
i didnt post this to make any bad comments against japanese people or judgement, i heard it so i reserached it and found out it was true, i just tought on letting some people know about it, and i think is great to learn and also know others people culture and not judge them for what they do, but for who they are.
Who said I was talking about you? ^o) Please, read carefully.

Cheers!
RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by shine on 06-26-2005 at 12:14 AM

Guys check out the breeding cycle of whales... you'll know why thay dont start a 'so called whale farm' & why they say you to stop killing them. If you stop now and catch only permitted amount (Japan has a permitted quota) and stop poaching, you can still eat them... or else you wont in any case :)

RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by L. Coyote on 06-26-2005 at 03:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shine
Guys check out the breeding cycle of whales
:P Sucks, I know. But nowadays they can extract eggs and sperm and do it themselves.
RE: Mnhnnnn..whale..... by shine on 06-26-2005 at 03:56 AM

quote:
:P Sucks, I know. But nowadays they can extract eggs and sperm and do it themselves.

:grin: do themselves ...what? breed? Only thing they can do is to fertilize the egg... rest are still the same.. And regarding farm ..there are laready whale sanctuaries in Oceans.....thats meant to be a 'farm' :tongue: (or else where do you have farms..whale farms) Poaching is done there! And you cannot stop whale from swimming, so that it stays in one area. They are migratory animals. Sorry dude...but please dont kill them...eat chicken and fish....why do you need a whale for dinner? :grin: