Shoutbox

printer problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: printer problem (/showthread.php?tid=46831)

printer problem by [MR] on 06-25-2005 at 04:38 PM

hey the other day i wanted to print somthing out and then i wanted to cancel it by right clicking on the print job and clicking cancel well i did that 2 days ago and you know who it will say under its status deleting...and it is stuck on that iand i cant print anything out so please help me.

thanks in adavnce.

RE: printer problem by TheGeek on 06-25-2005 at 04:42 PM

Try rebooting your pc and turning your printer off and back on.
I've had the same problem some time ago and turning the printer off and back on worked for me.

RE: printer problem by [MR] on 06-25-2005 at 05:12 PM

ok well i tried that and now the document it was trying to delete is now "printing" but it really isnt here is a screenshot

RE: printer problem by RaceProUK on 06-25-2005 at 07:06 PM

Is there a 'Cancel Print' button on the printer? For some reason, some retarded printers require you do both to fully delete the job. I know this from using an A3 printer in my (now ex-) hall of residence.

RE: printer problem by CookieRevised on 06-25-2005 at 07:19 PM

This is a common thing to happen. Normaly it would be solved by cancelling the print job in windows and then resetting your printer (refer to your printer's manual in how to reset it).

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
For some reason, some retarded printers require you do both to fully delete the job.
actually that is the proper way of doing it though...

--------

Note that simply turning to printer off/on will not help in most printers as they keep their recieved data for a while. You explicitly need to reset them (useually by pressing some buttons simultaniously), that's why the reset function is there in the first place ;).

The reason that some printers seem to reset also if you simply cancel the printer job in Windows is because in most cases the printing wasn't done in the background or the printer doesn't have cache memory. The data send to your printer will be cut right away in that case and the printer has nothing more to print.

But true, it can be a real pain in the but sometimes

(I once smashed an old printer on the floor because I was so frustrated because of this situation and was loosing time trying to cancel the print because I had an appointment to go to (turning PC off wasn't an option)... So I smashed the printer down and left for my appointment :$)
RE: printer problem by shine on 06-26-2005 at 05:07 AM

Check out you'll have an option to 'Purge' print jobs..or go to printer properties and edit the Queue value ti '0'

RE: printer problem by Nathan on 06-26-2005 at 08:43 AM

If none of those work then do the following.
In windows it comes with a list of printers i can install without the disc. see if you can install it again and make the new one that you have just installed the default printer.
This works because I've done this of many times

RE: printer problem by [MR] on 06-26-2005 at 07:49 PM

ok wellm just gunna reinstall the printer and see if that works