Shoutbox

Importing Sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Importing Sounds (/showthread.php?tid=46876)

Importing Sounds by shazza on 06-26-2005 at 02:45 PM

Hi everyone.

Recently I purchased a new computer, and burnt everything important I needed, these included my sounds. They are .dat files, and I don't seem to be able to import them.

Should I have made a huge SoundPack file on my old computer first? Help is needed.

Cheers.

RE: Importing Sounds by Dempsey on 06-26-2005 at 02:51 PM

yea ideally you would make a soundpack exporting all of the sounds on the old computer, then import that soundpack on the new computer.

fatfreechicken is working on a program which allows you to import sounds from previous MsgPlus! installations, I'm not sure if it would work for your situation using two PCs or not though.

RE: Importing Sounds by pollolibredegrasa on 06-26-2005 at 06:09 PM

My program (when complete) will read all sounds from the MsgPlus! Sounds folder (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\ for XP - which I presume you have, having just bought a new compuer) and then adds all sounds that are in that folder to your sound library.

Thus, all you will need to do is copy all the .Dat files to that folder and run the program. Keep checking back for more details!

RE: Importing Sounds by shazza on 06-27-2005 at 02:50 AM

Sounds good, can't wait.

Cheers.