Shoutbox

Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, (/showthread.php?tid=46882)

Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by DeadRoute on 06-26-2005 at 06:09 PM

Well here is the situation, I can play music on my pc using winamp ect, and game sounds work. But my system sounds do not work, Like when my pc turns on, when a contact comes up on msn, i'ts really annoying, My pc has recently been through a reinstall, because it was all corupted, but the sound worked fine then.

When i go to control pannel >sounds and audio devices and then go to the sound tab, all of the sounds that should be there are there, but when I go to preview them. None of them work

Please can you help

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by Shezi on 06-26-2005 at 06:13 PM

here is a quick guide .. try this.
goto control panel > sounds and audio devices > sounds > sound scheme > windows default > ok
hope this will work.. :)

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by DeadRoute on 06-26-2005 at 06:14 PM

I tryed that, I dont work :(
All of the sounds are there but you cant preview them becuase the little play button is grey, Aslo sound in flash moives doesn't work either. And also includes sounds in Msgplus :(

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by RaceProUK on 06-26-2005 at 08:10 PM

If games and Winamp can play, but regular sounds can't, it sounds like a driver problem to me. Try reinstalling them or updating them.

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by DeadRoute on 06-26-2005 at 08:11 PM

Well, ive tryed that too :( but I dont actauly know what drivers to use properly :(

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by RaceProUK on 06-26-2005 at 08:15 PM

Well, you may want to remove the devices from Device Manager, and reboot. Windows will re-detect the sound card, and identify it. It will then attempt to find the right drivers.

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by DeadRoute on 06-26-2005 at 08:17 PM

Which devices exaclty?

Ah, that could work, Ill do that tomorrow :)
if any one else has a solution, Id be glad to hear it.
Ill keep you posted about this one.

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by RaceProUK on 06-26-2005 at 08:18 PM

Anything that contains 'Audio' or 'Sound' under 'Sound, video and game controllers' :P

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by DeadRoute on 06-26-2005 at 08:19 PM

What about video?
or shall is just delete all of the ones under that?

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by multimillion2k on 06-26-2005 at 09:38 PM

It's strange that you can hear your music and games but not your system sounds - usually it's the other way around. If it's not the drivers perhaps certain files such as *.wav sounds aren't recognised anymore? I don't really know if this is likely, it's just a random possibility.

RE: Posible Problem With Audio Drivers, by DeadRoute on 06-26-2005 at 09:48 PM

No, because the files work in other media players, just not when you try to play them in the sounds thingy in the cpanel