Shoutbox

Sound - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sound (/showthread.php?tid=46890)

Sound by Dr Laytex on 06-26-2005 at 08:53 PM

i want to know how long is the longest sound you can import because i got his warningim tryning to make some movie soundpacks and i would like to divide the movie into as few copies as possible

[Image: untitled6ie.jpg]

RE: Sound by Dempsey on 06-26-2005 at 08:57 PM

the maximum length for sounds is

Average Quality:  10 Seconds
High Quality:  8 Seconds

By the filename im guessing you are trying to use the entire soundtrack of the movie so its too long.  I'm not sure what that limit is before you get the error you did, but the length of sounds is a maximum of 10 seconds anyway.

RE: Sound by user27089 on 06-26-2005 at 08:57 PM

Well, I think the longest will probably be around 10 minutes.

You won't be able to export sounds that big, because Messenger Plus! simply couldn't handle it, try using something like Audacity to split the movie into what you want first, make the files, then import them into messenger plus!

RE: Sound by Dr Laytex on 06-26-2005 at 08:59 PM

its ok i know how to split it up i just didnt want to do trial and error to figure it out especially if its only 10 mins max 

its a 90 min movie and by the time i divided it into 9.... actually i would probably give up before i got to 9

RE: Sound by user27089 on 06-26-2005 at 09:02 PM

I'm not saying that it is 10 minutes, that's just my estimation of what I think it would be.

If you want to make a sound pack, like you said, then you'd have to sift through the whole film anyway, which would be too much hastle.

Just make 10 second clips throughout the film of what you want, it will be easier IMO.

RE: Sound by mwe99 on 06-26-2005 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Just make 10 second clips throughout the film of what you want, it will be easier IMO.

Why not just get certain quotes from the film? Instead of trying to do it all lol