Shoutbox

Offline talker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Offline talker (/showthread.php?tid=46915)

Offline talker by skanza on 06-27-2005 at 02:27 PM

Hi, i was wondering, if there is a offline talker for Messenger Plus.
it would be great if there was one. :)

RE: Offline talker by jameslives on 06-27-2005 at 02:39 PM

There is no offline talker i dont think but you can download stuffplug from:

www.stuffplug.com

this allows you to talk to blocked contacts

JMZ

RE: Offline talker by RaceProUK on 06-27-2005 at 02:40 PM

StuffPlug-NG has a feature close to this that allows talking to blocked contacts.

RE: Offline talker by skanza on 06-27-2005 at 02:42 PM

hmm, okay thanks, does anyone know if somone might create a plugin that will enable this feature, or is this not possible?

RE: Offline talker by J.J on 06-27-2005 at 03:04 PM

I'm guessing by Offline Talker that you mean being able to talk to your contact while your status to them is offline

---

You can download the Stuffplug NG plugin

Once installed, to enable Offline Talking, go to:

Plus! > Preferences > Plugins > Stuffplug NG > Configure > Conversations > Enable Allow talking to blocked contacts

---

Or you could download the Messenger Discovery X addon

You can enable the feature Invisible Talking

Heres a screenshot: Invisible Talking

Both of these programs allow you to talk to your contacts while your status to them is offline

RE: Offline talker by dreaded on 06-27-2005 at 03:59 PM

Here is some stuff I fount. I would look around in the mess.be forums someone said that a offline talker was posted a freind has it and its not any of these or Messenger Discovery X http://www.offlinemessenger.com
http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=4451&hl=

RE: Offline talker by skanza on 06-27-2005 at 06:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
I'm guessing by Offline Talker that you mean being able to talk to your contact while your status to them is offline

yeap, sorry if i didnt make it too clear. but so i can have my appear offline status, and still chat. if there arent any plugins, does anyone know of any other small patches that has this feature?
thanks.
RE: Offline talker by TheBlasphemer on 06-27-2005 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skanza
quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension

yeap, sorry if i didnt make it too clear. but so i can have my appear offline status, and still chat. if there arent any plugins, does anyone know of any other small patches that has this feature?
thanks.

As said before, stuffplug can do this.
However, it's not called "offline messaging", instead it allows you to talk to contacts that you are blocking (and for them, you will be offline)...
RE: Offline talker by dreaded on 06-27-2005 at 07:16 PM

That is different from talking to someone while you are offline. Using stuffplug that would require you to block everyone on your list lol. Best bet would be Messenger Discovery X or that Invisible Talker.

RE: Offline talker by TheBlasphemer on 06-27-2005 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
That is different from talking to someone while you are offline. Using stuffplug that would require you to block everyone on your list lol. Best bet would be Messenger Discovery X or that Invisible Talker.

Messenger Discovery does exactly the same as blocking everyone ;)
RE: Offline talker by dreaded on 06-27-2005 at 09:28 PM

Lol ok my bad but with Messenger Discovery X you dont have to manually right click and hit block so its a little easier same but uses basically the way. Invisible Talker talker isnt like that from what I have seen though might be wrong though.

RE: Offline talker by (CyBeRDuDe) on 06-28-2005 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
Lol ok my bad but with Messenger Discovery X you dont have to manually right click and hit block so its a little easier same but uses basically the way. Invisible Talker talker isnt like that from what I have seen though might be wrong though.
Invisible Talker is exactly like this!... :S... You still have to right click a contact and choose invisible... :S.. It works the exact same way.. Though this is a seperate client... So you won't see that it just blocks them but still lets you talk to them...
It just isn't possible to talk to contacts while "Appearing Offline" or as some referes to as "Invisible Mode"... Only way is to block contacts and then keep the connection alive, the way StuffPlug, MD X, and Invisible Talker all works the same...
One sulution could be to do the following as I have mentioned a couple of times on this forum:
- Requierements: MSN Messenger, Messenger Plus!, StuffPlug NG, and my Block All Contacts Plugin By CyBeRDuDe
- Using Stuffplugs option to "Talk to Blocked Contacts".. Then login offline, use my Block All plugin (wait a few secs/1 min depending on the size of your contact list).. When finized blocking all.. Go online.. and that's it.. You are now free to talk to anybody you want.. Without anybody seeing you as online... :D... Next time you login.. Just login as Online or any other status and the contacts will allready be blocked and you can just talk to them.. They won't ever see any signs of you logging in... Then when you don't want to "Talk Inivisble" anymore.. Just unblock all contacts with the plugin again.. And there you go...