Shoutbox

[split] The connection with the server was reset error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [split] The connection with the server was reset error (/showthread.php?tid=46938)

RE: The connection with the server was reset error by Cronos on 06-24-2005 at 03:22 AM

That seemed to have worked, thanks.

Another question, how do i hide the search send boxes that appear in my message box?

RE: The connection with the server was reset error by multimillion2k on 06-24-2005 at 03:40 AM

A-Patch for Messenger allows you to change/remove heaps of stuff. I don't have a link but mess.be will have it.

RE: RE: The connection with the server was reset error by Cronos on 06-25-2005 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
A-Patch for Messenger allows you to change/remove heaps of stuff. I don't have a link but mess.be will have it.

Oh, Plus doesn't offer this option?
RE: The connection with the server was reset error by Tochjo on 06-25-2005 at 12:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cronos
No, Messenger Plus! cannot change this :)
RE: RE: The connection with the server was reset error by Cronos on 06-25-2005 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
No, Messenger Plus! cannot change this :)

I was able to hide the "search" button in the chat. Is it possible to hide the "send" button as well? I used mess.be.
RE: The connection with the server was reset error by Millenium_edition on 06-25-2005 at 09:48 PM

quote:
I was able to hide the "search" button in the chat. Is it possible to hide the "send" button as well? I used mess.be.
once again, A-patch can do this for you.
RE: The connection with the server was reset error by Cronos on 06-27-2005 at 12:34 AM

The Mess.be add-on? If so which option is it? I didn't see it as one of the options, but maybe I missed it?

Thanks

RE: The connection with the server was reset error by Tochjo on 06-27-2005 at 11:44 AM

quote:
The Mess.be add-on?
The A-Patch (see http://apatch.alphalink.com.au/).

After you download it it should be very straight-forward (click Next and check the options you would like on every page).
RE: The connection with the server was reset error by Cronos on 06-27-2005 at 12:00 PM

It seems that patch-a isn't compatible with mess.be. Since I already have mess.be installed, using patch-a would cause problems.

Is there a way around this? Does patch-a do all the things mess.be does?

If so, how do I uninstall mess.be to use patch a?

RE: The connection with the server was reset error by linx05 on 06-27-2005 at 12:13 PM

Cronos, you need to have a fresh (i.e unpatched) copy of MSNM. So either choose 'restore back' in the mess.be patch. Or reinstall MSNM.

RE: The connection with the server was reset error by Cronos on 06-28-2005 at 01:31 AM

I think that'll be the best option. Does patch a offer all the things that mess.be offers? I want to make sure I can do everything I was able to do with mess.be.

RE: The connection with the server was reset error by CookieRevised on 06-28-2005 at 02:10 AM

quote:
I think that'll be the best option.
it isn't the best option, it is the only option when you want to patch msn messenger with mess.be's patch or with a-patch...

quote:
Does patch a offer all the things that mess.be offers? I want to make sure I can do everything I was able to do with mess.be.
Comparisson between the two:
http://home.loqal.no/~erikeinu/patch/patches.html

---------

btw: next time make another thread under the correct subforum instead of going off topic ;)