Shoutbox

Screensaver - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Screensaver (/showthread.php?tid=46941)

Screensaver by Nathan on 06-28-2005 at 06:50 AM

Hiyas
I was wondering how you get your screensaver u with a click of a button or two.
I have seen other people do it, and i really wanted to know!
Any ideas?

RE: Screensaver by user27089 on 06-28-2005 at 06:53 AM

Your post makes no sense lmfao, can you rephrase it please :p.

RE: Screensaver by shine on 06-28-2005 at 06:55 AM

go to display properties and ckick preview..in case if you meant that...else pls rephrase :)

RE: Screensaver by user27089 on 06-28-2005 at 06:57 AM

If you meant, how do you install screensavers, then you usually just run a *.exe and it installs it, other than that, you can extract the *.scr to C:/Windows.

RE: Screensaver by Nathan on 06-28-2005 at 06:57 AM

Ok,
I mean Something like this...
Hold Ctrl + a, Like a combination to make the screensaver appear on the screen.
Sorry about making it sound like gobbly gook.

RE: Screensaver by user27089 on 06-28-2005 at 06:59 AM

As far as I know dude, there isn't one sorry, unless of course they're using a third party application to do it for them.

RE: Screensaver by Nathan on 06-28-2005 at 07:02 AM

Oh,
It's just that I've seen like buiseness compaines with them.
They click spacebar when no windows are open and it makes the screenaver come on!
I just thought there was away to do it but there might not be :'(

RE: Screensaver by user27089 on 06-28-2005 at 07:03 AM

Are you sure it's not a feature of their operating systems, and it locks down their stations and only they can open it?

Places do that a lot now-a-days.

RE: Screensaver by shine on 06-28-2005 at 07:44 AM

Check out this..if it works with a screen saver.. I have not tried it..

To specify shortcut keys for specific programs
Before beginning this procedure, please refer to the documentation that came with the program to verify a shortcut was installed.

Open My Computer.
Locate the program file (.exe) or the program's shortcut icon. Right-click the program file or shortcut, and then click Properties.
Click the Program tab for an MS-DOS program or the Shortcut tab for a Windows program.
With the cursor in the Shortcut key box, select the keyboard key you want to use in combination with CTRL+ALT. Shortcut keys automatically start with CTRL+ALT. The Shortcut key box will display None until you select the key and then the box will display Ctrl+Alt+the key you selected. You cannot use the ESC, ENTER, TAB, SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, SHIFT, or BACKSPACE keys.
Notes

To open My Computer, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
Once you assign a shortcut key combination for a specific program, you will not be able to use that key combination with other programs. For a list of shortcut keys used by this version of Windows, click Related Topics.
If you forget the key combination for your shortcut, you can follow steps 2 through 3 and review your shortcut keys.
Using shortcut keys to open programs can often be simpler than opening programs using a pointing device, especially when working on portable computers.