Shoutbox

Abortion Rates - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Abortion Rates (/showthread.php?tid=47045)

Abortion Rates by mwe99 on 06-30-2005 at 05:53 PM

Abortions, do you think the legal abortion rate should be lowered to 20 weeks?  It currently stands at 24 weeks is the latest time a 'baby' can be terminated in the UK.

Information:

At 20 weeks all human organs are developed, some do not function yet though.

At 24 weeks, sleep and wake cycle patterns are established, breathing cycles, more mature development of organs. There is a  77% chance of living.

Do you agree with abortions? Would you vote to lower the rate?Or would you keep it same? Why?

RE: Abortion Rates by absorbation on 06-30-2005 at 06:00 PM

omg when i saw this title i thought it said me lol anyway back on topic this is a issue we are learning for gcse re and as a cachtlic i'm meant to be opposed to it as it is a form of murder and and way of playing god.

Well it is wrong to take a life and is wrong to kill but life in the womb you would not notice at any weeks so there is no real point og it to be lowered but ti will bring some down :P

Anyway i dont mind aborbtions as long as there is a reason e.g teenage pregances will ruin someones life or lives and being raped for example.

I do say yes the rate should be lowered as there needs to be a good reason and it should of been done by then if there is a good enough reason.

Anyway that's my view

RE: Abortion Rates by kao on 06-30-2005 at 06:09 PM

i think its fine how it is, and i have nothing against abortions at all

RE: Abortion Rates by SikStyles on 06-30-2005 at 06:14 PM

use protection and u dont have to worry about abortions .. sometimes..

or the safest way is to avoid penis <-> vagina contact, may have oral or anal sex, because the sperm doesnt survive in those holes

RE: Abortion Rates by L. Coyote on 06-30-2005 at 06:28 PM

I only agree with abortion when:
1- the woman was raped
2- the woman's life is at risk
3- the woman has a desease that infected the infant and won't be a very nice thing to live with (AIDS, for example)
4- the woman is a girl under 13 years of age
(this, of course, is if the mother wants to; except in the last 2 points, IMO)

If it's teen pregnancy for girls older than 13, then I'm sorry. Girls should be more careful (boys too!). They can't just abort to "erase" their "mistakes". That's what responsibility is about.

I also think 20 weeks is enough time to decide (point 1), but can be extended to more weeks for points 2-4 (however, if it's like that, the abort would happen before 20 weeks, anyway).

I think they should make different time limits, for each possible group of problems that could arise if the woman doesn't abort.

This is my opinion.

RE: Abortion Rates by Pr0xY on 06-30-2005 at 06:28 PM

I just wrote a great Post, tried to attach something, and it all got deleted... stupid forums. 

So you want my opinion on Abortion?  Stop using it as a birth control and take some fucking responsibility.  It's one thing if you are raped, but if your some teenager/adult that just couldn't control themselfs, your SOL. 

I did a Powerpoint on Abortion this year for school.  Its a good one, it explains the laws and all that good stuff.  I couldn't upload it though, so If you want it, PM me.  Also there is a good video Clip called "Hard Truth" about Abortion.  Search on google for it. 

For all the United States people here, you probably all know about the "Roe vs. Wade" case right?  Well if thats your whole arguement for why women should have the right to abortion, I suggest you read up about the case "Gomez vs. Perez". 

Also search and read, and you'll find out Roe vs. Wade's Dirty Little Secret.  Actually I'll help you out. 

The "dirty little secret" is that it appears that the Supreme Court did a sidestep around the "equal protection clause" of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution by deliberately manipulating the docket so as to comply to the politically correct definition of "freedom of choice".

Read more about it HERE

RE: Abortion Rates by _Humphreys on 06-30-2005 at 06:30 PM

I agree with my religon in saying Abortions are morally wrong.

(That Religon being Roman Catholic).

RE: Abortion Rates by Pr0xY on 06-30-2005 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
but life in the womb you would not notice at any weeks
Really?  So Absorbation you believe in God, but you think that if other people cant see/notice that someone is pregnant, God doesn't know either?  phhhhh.....

quote:
i dont mind aborbtions as long as there is a reason e.g teenage pregances will ruin someones life or lives
But who's fault it that?  Surely your not saying its the babies fault cause its mom couldn't keep her pants on. 
RE: Abortion Rates by absorbation on 06-30-2005 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
But who's fault it that?  Surely your not saying its the babies fault cause its mom couldn't keep her pants on.   

lol also becuase of the fack all life is precious and is made for a reason :P
RE: Abortion Rates by Pr0xY on 06-30-2005 at 06:46 PM

quote:
quote:

lol also becuase of the fack all life is precious and is made for a reason :P
Yeah, and as a Catholic you should know that its not the right of a human to decide when that life it to end. 

RE: Abortion Rates by Anubis on 06-30-2005 at 07:34 PM

I'm against Abortions in full, the second the fertilisation occurs I believe that a form of life is being created, and we shouldn't interfere.

If it wasn't for the fact that people who are desperate for abortions will go to dangerous and backdoor routes to get an abortion, I would want it to be completely illegal.

RE: Abortion Rates by YottabyteWizard on 06-30-2005 at 10:11 PM

I said it's fine, but everybody (well, the horney ones) must be extra carefull, that why preservatives exist.

quote:
Originally said in South Park by The Mole
Stop thinking with your dick!
:D
RE: Abortion Rates by [MR] on 06-30-2005 at 10:18 PM

since i am catholic i am against abortions...and that if a girl wants an abortion they should go to an abortion clinic and/or put the baby in an ophanage.  in the first place these girls that want abortions shouldnt of had sex before marrige. 

RE: Abortion Rates by Millenium_edition on 06-30-2005 at 10:24 PM

i'm sorry, but there's nothing wrong with abortions, if you want to stop someone living instead of letting him live in misery, please do so, it'll be less food to buy and more free time for you :-/

but okay, if you come with your third abortion, i think hospitals should tell you to fsck off. honestly.

btw...

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
in the first place these girls that want abortions shouldnt of had sex before marrige.
that's a choice you make, there's absolutely no obligation tbh :-/ if you think every girl should wait until marriage to have sex, you're pretty sad :sad:
RE: Abortion Rates by [MR] on 06-30-2005 at 10:27 PM

o believing in a religion that says no sex b4 marrige is sad? i think not.  Sex is what God made for reproduction of people and not just for pleasure.

RE: RE: Abortion Rates by YottabyteWizard on 06-30-2005 at 10:28 PM

quote:
since i am catholic i am against abortions...and that if a girl wants an abortion they should go to an abortion clinic and/or put the baby in an ophanage.  in the first place these girls that want abortions shouldnt of had sex before marrige. 

yeah, that's a prob... i got a friend of mine, he told me that when he went to a bathdroom in school (middle school), there were 'strange' noices! I can't felive wtf is wrong with ppl, even kids want to have sex :| If they can't wait to marriage and/or they're very horney at least have responsabilities and also think and what could happen, as said before, having sex not by vagina, or using preservatives. That's the reason too OIDS is expanding so quickly too. :S
RE: Abortion Rates by Pr0xY on 06-30-2005 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
in the first place these girls that want abortions shouldnt of had sex before marrige.
if you think every girl should wait until marriage to have sex, you're pretty sad :sad:
Wow Millenium.  I'm totally different on that.  I would respect ANYONE who wants to wait untill marrege alot more then I would the ones that don't.  When you get older and get into a very serious relationship you'll understand why. 

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
i'm sorry, but there's nothing wrong with abortions, if you want to stop someone living instead of letting him live in misery, please do so, it'll be less food to buy and more free time for you
Wow thats horrible that you would even look at it like that.  Then again you are only 15 and probably cant comprehend the life changing choice you would be making by giving up your child so you could have "more free time"

* Pr0xY spits on Millenium

Your reasons and opinions discust me...

RE: Abortion Rates by ddunk on 06-30-2005 at 10:46 PM

I personally have to agree with Millenium here. And tbh, Pr0xy, at 18, you have more knowledge about fathering a child than Millenium does? Where did that come from?

RE: Abortion Rates by [MR] on 06-30-2005 at 10:49 PM

what he is saying is that he has been in more relationships than mellenium has, and also having more freetime and stuff like that is just being selfish...while God wants us to be selfless.

RE: Abortion Rates by Millenium_edition on 06-30-2005 at 10:50 PM

quote:
Wow Millenium.  I'm totally different on that.  I would respect ANYONE who wants to wait untill marrege alot more then I would the ones that don't.  When you get older and get into a very serious relationship you'll understand why.
okay, that's true, but there's no forcing someone to wait until marriage :-/ it's their choice... if they're smart enough to realize it's just SEX, which is physical contact, it's totally different. you can respect them as much as other people.
quote:
Wow thats horrible that you would even look at it like that.  Then again you are only 15 and probably cant comprehend the life changing choice you would be making by giving up your child so you could have "more free time"
it's not for "more free time", but ffs, the child doesn't even feel pain yet (not sure though), it doesn't even breathe on its own yet, why ruin its life and why ruin yours if you can make an end to it? of course the girls have to take responsabilities! but that's not a reason to stop people from ruining their lives by ruining a baby's life...
quote:
and also having more freetime and stuff like that is just being selfish...while God wants us to be selfless.
1) not being selfish in life will eventually get you fucked up, people will always abuse it. the only person who DESERVES to get saved in a traumatic situation, is yourself, unless you want to be heroic, but dead.
2) ever thought of people who don't believe in god? :-/
RE: Abortion Rates by -dt- on 06-30-2005 at 10:50 PM

heh i believe its the womens right to decide weather to have a chield , I spose it could be better for the fetus to be aborted before 20 weeks though

RE: Abortion Rates by ddunk on 06-30-2005 at 10:50 PM

You see the problem here, is I'm not religious, so I don't have  the same Religious ideals as you.

RE: Abortion Rates by ShawnZ on 06-30-2005 at 10:56 PM

I think abortions are fine IMO, The only reason you woulden't kill a baby after its born are 1) its illegal and 2) you have love for it. But since youve NEVER EVEN SEEN the abortee (baby) and you haven't grown fond of it or its personality or the routine required for taking care of the baby, you have alomost no relationship with it. Also, why should other people care? I don't see any threads about the millions that get murdered every day, or that comit suicide. Pr0xY, your just taking a random stand about an issue you won't have to worry about. If Im wrong, and you fucked up and forgot protection one day, PM me and ill delete the post. Otherwise, come up with reasons for this other then it being 'morally wrong' (which it isn't.)

RE: Abortion Rates by Pr0xY on 06-30-2005 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
And tbh, Pr0xy, at 18, you have more knowledge about fathering a child than Millenium does? Where did that come from?
Do I always have to explain personal stuff?  I am used to being a father figure, and having to deal with almost all the responsibilities that come with it, just leave it at that.

quote:
You see the problem here, is I'm not religious, so I don't have  the same Religious ideals as you.
That is the biggest problem with argueing/descussing something like this.  I try to be respectful of the non religious people and not bring the religious side of it into it. 

RE: Abortion Rates by multimillion2k on 06-30-2005 at 11:07 PM

Everyone come back in 10 years and see if your views are still the same :)

quote:
I would respect ANYONE who wants to wait untill marrege alot more then I would the ones that don't.

I side with proxy - it's much harder to abstain from sex.

This is kinda unrelated, but would this be similar to people arguing against cruelty to animals? You will always get extremists who won't even eat meat because some animal died. Perhaps one could present a similar argument for abortion?
RE: Abortion Rates by paperless on 07-01-2005 at 12:08 AM

I think abortion should be allowed for any reason its the woman's life she has the right to take decisions and the plans for her life.

Yeah there are means of preventing it but they can fail and no matter what, the government whatever doesnt have to right to interfere in their lifes.
Now you people say: "When aborting you are interfering with a baby's life", who cares? Will the baby feel anything, does he have responsabilities or whatever in outside world?
The life of the woman is more important than the life of the "baby" screw it if they are killing another human being, its their business, we all have a conscience which tells us what is wrong or right, besides, do you htink its always easy for a woman to take that decision? Not always , but again, its her life! and if she takes the wrong decision ( it can be abort or not ) her conscience will torture her for the rest of her life.

EDIT: All i said above is to read with the idea in mind that i support what M_E said and some points of what Killov said so that way i dont have to repeat what they said.

Some people are probably going to say: "OMFGWTFBBQ, HOW CAN SOMEONE BE AS STUPID AS THAT" but its the way i think :P

And a note for the most of religious people that replied in this thing like: "Since im religious i follow what my religion say",  so you are telling me just because you follow a religion you dont think by yourself and dont ask why are things like that? Its just like joining a club and say : "Now im following any rule just to be in this club doesnt matter if its wrong or not, im just lazy to think about it" :/

RE: Abortion Rates by Pr0xY on 07-01-2005 at 12:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
I think abortion should be allowed for any reason its the woman's life she has the right to take decisions and the plans for her life.
It's not entirely her choice, read up on the "Gomez vs. Perez" case. 

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
This is kinda unrelated, but would this be similar to people arguing against cruelty to animals? You will always get extremists who won't even eat meat because some animal died. Perhaps one could present a similar argument for abortion?
Thats so true, but sadly it seems like in our society today that a animals life is worth so much more then a human life. 
RE: Abortion Rates by paperless on 07-01-2005 at 12:20 AM

quote:
It's not entirely her choice, read up on the "Gomez vs. Perez" case. 

I searched on google but i think that was in the USA its a USA law not a worldwide law or something ( i guess ).
RE: Abortion Rates by L. Coyote on 07-01-2005 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
This is kinda unrelated, but would this be similar to people arguing against cruelty to animals? You will always get extremists who won't even eat meat because some animal died.
Like what? When some animals get killed because they can't be cured? I don't understand, it was too general.

Cruelty, like, hurt animals just for fun is the same as hurting a human just for fun (edit: it's bad, I mean).

I'm one of those who think that humans are just animals. Animals abort too, by the way.
RE: Abortion Rates by Pipish on 07-01-2005 at 12:32 AM

4- the woman is a girl under 13 years of age :| far out thats pretty yound i would atleast say 16-17 :|

abortion is wrong tbh

RE: Abortion Rates by dotNorma on 07-01-2005 at 12:41 AM

quote:

Its not her life, its the babies life. She made the decision to have sex, its her fault. The women is going to take the babies life so hers is better? If you dont want to take the responsibility for the life, send it to an orpanage...Dont kill it.

RE: Abortion Rates by kao on 07-01-2005 at 12:42 AM

im with millenium and ddunk tbh... if people have a baby at about 15 then they most likely have to mess their life up by leaving school to look after it and get a job (most parents would try and help, but not all..), at 15 they havn't lived yet, even 18 is too young for kids imo, you're still young and have stuff to do (i do anyway)

RE: RE: Abortion Rates by lordy on 07-01-2005 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
But since youve NEVER EVEN SEEN the abortee (baby) and you haven't grown fond of it or its personality or the routine required for taking care of the baby, you have alomost no relationship with it.

You think that a mother has no connection with a child that has been growing inside them for weeks? of course the mother has a relationship with the child.. abortion is not a decision that many people make lightly, and many live with regret over it for the rest of their lives. it's not an easy decision. it depends on your cirumstances at the time of getting pregnant, if you can't support the child then thats not very fair to bring it into the world.. and dont say you can adopt it out bcoz then the child will grow up feeling rejected bcoz it's mother didnt want it, i dont think anyone would want that... this has grown into a religious debate so i will bring religion into it, i am catholic, but i dont agree with the catholic church on many of it's morals, for example: you arent allowed to used contraception, but then you cant have an abortion if you get pregnant? sounds a bit stupid to me really... a lose lose situation.

the main point of this is, that many of you are arguing this like it's a decision that mothers (and fathers) make on a whim, it's not an easy decision at all, and whilst the methods they use are quite brutal, they really are humane compared to what the child would have had to put up with if it were born
RE: Abortion Rates by L. Coyote on 07-01-2005 at 12:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
4- the woman is a girl under 13 years of age :| far out thats pretty yound i would atleast say 16-17 :|
Most girls older than 13 should know they get pregnant if they have sex. [Edit: did you even understand that point? :s I got the impression that you got confused.]

Even though until age 18-20 the body is not very prepared to host a child, from ages 13-14 it's not a life-death risk.

Don't want children or ruin your life? Don't have sex unprotected. Else, give your child in adoption.
RE: Abortion Rates by albert on 07-01-2005 at 12:57 AM

I think it is wrong to abort a child, kill it in a way.. but it is also wrong to create this child if we don't want it.. protection should be better used.. ppl shouldnt have sex w/ whoever they meet 24h a week.. the risk of getting a women pregnant should be a lot lower.. it seems TO ME that ppl are having too much sex ( no matter how that sounds )

I think ppl have forgotten that this "pleasure" was really meant for creating life..

But anyways, I think it is also wrong to create a child and not give it the love, affections and wte it may need.

So I'm not for, not against abortion.. I think it depends of the cases.. as said above..

if a 13 yrs old is pregnant.. I mean come on!! ( Im mostly mad at how she couldve gotten pregant at 13 yrs old.. i dunt think ppl under 16 ( and this is a rlly. minium ) should be having sex.. ) well i think its better to abort her, not only so she can have a life, but also to prevent the baby from suffering.. i dont think u can actully be a good parent at 13 yrs old..

RE: RE: Abortion Rates by [MR] on 07-01-2005 at 01:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
quote:

Its not her life, its the babies life. She made the decision to have sex, its her fault. The women is going to take the babies life so hers is better? If you dont want to take the responsibility for the life, send it to an orpanage...Dont kill it.

i agree with NoName.
RE: Abortion Rates by ddunk on 07-01-2005 at 01:24 AM

quote:

And if she didn't make that decision to have sex?
RE: Abortion Rates by Pr0xY on 07-01-2005 at 04:05 AM

quote:
we all have a conscience which tells us what is wrong or right
That doesn't mean a thing.  What I think is right is something you think is totally wrong.  Look at it that way. 

quote:
the government whatever doesnt have to right to interfere in their lifes.
yes they do.  If they have a right to tell us speeding is wrong, or Punching someone in the face is wrong, they have every right to say this too. 

quote:
Now you people say: "When aborting you are interfering with a baby's life", who cares?
I'm sure the baby would, if it could understand what was about to happen to it. 

quote:
And a note for the most of religious people that replied in this thing like: "Since im religious i follow what my religion say",  so you are telling me just because you follow a religion you dont think by yourself and dont ask why are things like that? Its just like joining a club and say : "Now im following any rule just to be in this club doesnt matter if its wrong or not, im just lazy to think about it" :/
I agree with that.  Believe something cause you want to, not cause your abligated to. 

quote:
Originally posted by Killov
I'm one of those who think that humans are just animals. Animals abort too, by the way.
Animals also eat their own children sometimes, Should that be allowed too? HUH?

quote:
My point exactly... Hey NoName, Long time no see.

quote:
And if she didn't make that decision to have sex?
That is the tricky part about the whole "Make abortions illegal" thing.  I personally think that the only way to get an abortion is if their is evidence that you were raped, and the decision is decided by a judge.  Of course then you have underground abortion places, and people who will just do it themselfs, and thats even worse, cause its alot more unsafe. 

RE: Abortion Rates by paperless on 07-01-2005 at 04:36 AM

Here we are about to have a votation about abortion.
Man if i just could vote yet..:@

Each time there are people in court because of abortion there are always huge manifestations and stuff which shows that its already time to ask people what they want.

Anyway, heres a question.. does the father has any right when it comes to abortion? Like the mother wants to abort but the father doesnt.. what hapens next?

RE: Abortion Rates by lordy on 07-01-2005 at 04:51 AM

i think the father should have quite a big say in whether the child i aborted, it should just be up to the mother, it is the father's child too after all.. i wouldnt want my child aborted, even though im only 16, i would look after it, even if it meant quitting school

RE: Abortion Rates by Purity on 07-01-2005 at 05:33 AM

I have nothing against it and I think it is fine how it is.

If girls don't want to have a baby, then let them get rid of it, but THEY SHOULD HAVE USED PROPER PROTECTION, (unless condom breaks:-/)

I don't see how the goverment and such should be involved.

Just like what I think of the legal sex age.

if a 15-16 yr old girl wants to have sexual orientation with a 20+ yr old, then so be it, it should be non of the goverments concern, should be no ones concern.

RE: Abortion Rates by L. Coyote on 07-01-2005 at 05:34 AM

quote:
Why is it that we (as in the whole community) can't have a nice discussion without jumping at each other's throats? :s The way you ask that makes me think you're being rude.[/offtopic]

But to answer your question: Yes, I'm aware animals eat their offsprings. But what does it have to do with abortion? They're two different things. :p

It reminds me of (to put an offtopic example; please, don't discuss this offtopic here): "if we allow gay marriage, what's next, zoophilia?". You see what I mean?

lordy16:

Yeah, I agree in certain cases it would be important to consider the father's wishes. However, if the father is a rapist, it shouldn't matter what he wanted.
RE: Abortion Rates by ShawnZ on 07-01-2005 at 06:07 AM

quote:
I'm sure the baby would, if it could understand what was about to happen to it. 

quote:
Because some anamals don't have a connection with thier family members and concider them pray. Humans are not one of those species. 8-)
RE: RE: Abortion Rates by lordy on 07-01-2005 at 06:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Killov
lordy16:

Yeah, I agree in certain cases it would be important to consider the father's wishes. However, if the father is a rapist, it shouldn't matter what he wanted.

If the father was a rapist then generally he wouldnt know if the woman was pregnant or not, and he wouldnt care if he did know, that is an extreme example you provided
RE: Abortion Rates by user27089 on 07-01-2005 at 06:24 AM

Of course I think that it should be lowered, to 20 weeks, if not less, people call the baby "it", but how is it really just "it", it won't be "it" in 4 months (after the 20 weeks) after you give birth to it, it will be your baby. It is still a living thing. :dodgy:...

I think around 16 weeks should be the maximum.

RE: Abortion Rates by L. Coyote on 07-01-2005 at 06:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
If the father was a rapist then generally he wouldnt know if the woman was pregnant or not, and he wouldnt care if he did know, that is an extreme example you provided
It has actually happened, that's why I said it.

Edit: Btw, not all rapists are strangers. Many are people that the victim knows, and many victims don't file charges against them for fear, shame, etc.

Edit 2:
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
i didnt say that all rapists are strangers, i said generally, not always
I know. :) I was pointing it out for the general public.

I've said all I wanted to say about this topic. Thanks for reading and sharing, I surely enjoyed reading others' opinions. I'm no longer watching this topic, so any replies or anything you want to say to me, can be solved with a PM.
RE: Abortion Rates by Tasha on 07-01-2005 at 06:56 AM

Abortion isn't just for people who get raped, or "can't keep their pants on", it's also a choice for the parents, when they wanted a child, if the child while it's developing has a disease or something like Downs Syndrome etc., then you have the choice of having an abortion then.
And one things for certain - you should never bring a child into this world that you don't want. Sometimes people want children, and are sure they are prepared for it, but they aren't, it's a very emotional time, etc. Sometimes mothers get depression after having a child, and it's the child that suffers. I think abortion is a better than bringing a child into this world and giving it up for adoption.

Why don't we all agree to disagree? :happy:

RE: Abortion Rates by L. Coyote on 07-01-2005 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
Why don't we all agree to disagree? :happy:
I agree with that (question/motto). :P LMAO.
RE: Abortion Rates by lordy on 07-01-2005 at 08:41 AM

i didnt say that all rapists are strangers, i said generally, not always

RE: Abortion Rates by vacuumo on 07-03-2005 at 03:53 PM

Abortions should definetly be legal, and to any in any circumstance. Well, maybe not hookers, but you know what I mean.

There's always the option of putting the child up for adoption, but some women would rather choose the abortion.