Shoutbox

[Sug] More POP3 Accounts! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! (/showthread.php?tid=47052)

[Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by RaceProUK on 06-30-2005 at 08:45 PM

I would like to have Plus monitor six accounts. Problem is, it only does 5.

Is it possible to get more?

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by Sypher on 06-30-2005 at 09:38 PM

No, the only one who can change that is Patchou..

I doubt he'll add more accounts, because it'll require a change in Plus! itself...

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by Millenium_edition on 06-30-2005 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
I doubt he'll add more accounts, because it'll require a change in Plus! itself...
... and he is the one and only developer of Plus!, all he does is make changes in Plus!

The quick text number has increased with the version numbers, so why not make this increase? (y)
RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by mwe99 on 06-30-2005 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
... and he is the one and only developer of Plus!, all he does is make changes in Plus!

The quick text number has increased with the version numbers, so why not make this increase? (y)

I think we should recommend how many to add because if you say 10, someone will want 11, and so and so forth. Anyone have an idea on a reasonable but not too many number?
RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by ddunk on 06-30-2005 at 09:46 PM

5 seems reasonable enough to me, and if you really NEED more (instead of just wanting one that ends in a leet domain name or whatever) just forward one to another account.

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by ~INVASION~ on 06-30-2005 at 09:48 PM

5 seems good enough to me :undecided:

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by Dempsey on 06-30-2005 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
5 seems reasonable enough to me, and if you really NEED more (instead of just wanting one that ends in a leet domain name or whatever) just forward one to another account.

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
5 seems good enough to me :undecided:

Well 5 may be enough for you but other users such as raceprouk may need more and I'm sure it would be a fairly easy thing for Patchou to increase even if it was 5 by default and you could increase it to say 20 by enabling a registry option.
RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by ShawnZ on 06-30-2005 at 11:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Well 5 may be enough for you but other users such as raceprouk may need more and I'm sure it would be a fairly easy thing for Patchou to increase even if it was 5 by default and you could increase it to say 20 by enabling a registry option.

quote:
and if you really NEED more (instead of just wanting one that ends in a leet domain name or whatever) just forward one to another account.

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by albert on 07-01-2005 at 01:00 AM

5 also seems enough to me.. except if you have like differents accounts that you need for either your websites, work, personal life.. I don't think anyone has 10 different emails and uses them that much..

althought I dunt belive it would be so hard adding a few more pop3 accounts.. ( this comes from a guy who has no clue in programming, im just assuming, because i belive Patchou has already found out how to do it, so to add something already done wouldnt be too hard )

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by Patchou on 07-01-2005 at 04:30 AM

Actually guys, Messenger Plus! already has internal support for 9 accounts... just go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@mail.com\Preferences\PopMails, rename one of the keys with a number from 5 to 8 and go back in Plus! to configure some extra accounts :).

I knew it would be useful to someone one day! :p

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by Pr0xY on 07-01-2005 at 04:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
The quick text number has increased with the version numbers, so why not make this increase?
Indeed!  I first joined this forum because I wanted there to be more then 3 personal away messeges.  And I got what I asked for.  :)

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by ShawnZ on 07-01-2005 at 06:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey

quote:
and if you really NEED more (instead of just wanting one that ends in a leet domain name or whatever) just forward one to another account.

... Why not just keep them all in one account!
RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by RaceProUK on 07-01-2005 at 08:39 AM

I have five accounts to do with my new website to allow me to keep e-mail separated according to what it's about i.e. Webmaster has a different inbox to Bug Reports.

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by Eljay on 07-01-2005 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I have five accounts to do with my new website to allow me to keep e-mail separated according to what it's about i.e. Webmaster has a different inbox to Bug Reports.

why not have it forwarded to a main account, the email forwarded says which email it was originally sent to anyway, and you can have them organised into different folders with filters
RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by Millenium_edition on 07-01-2005 at 10:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk

why not have it forwarded to a main account, the email forwarded says which email it was originally sent to anyway, and you can have them organised into different folders with filters
because it is a waste of time and bandwidth, if you get attachments it's going to take ages just because patchou doesn't want to add 3 more options (which probably takes < 20 minutes for him)
RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by RaceProUK on 07-01-2005 at 11:57 AM

Less probably, as all it appears to need is an extra tab.

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by albert on 07-01-2005 at 01:52 PM

lol no need for the arguing ppl, once more Patchou has thought of everything ;-)

RE: [Sug] More POP3 Accounts! by RaceProUK on 07-01-2005 at 02:05 PM

It's not really an argument, more a friendly reasoned debate.
Anyway, if Patchou doesn't increase the number in Preferences, what's to stop people writing a small utility app to do it instead?