Shoutbox

New msn build - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: New msn build (/showthread.php?tid=47076)

New msn build by absorbation on 07-01-2005 at 04:18 PM

i'm suprised no thread has been made about this but a new build is out again :S 7.0.0816. As far as i know no new features have been added *-) but i will check.

Skins this week are coming in like mad and the new build is really annoying me as it does seem pointless at the moment. :P However skins do seem to be compatiable with this version ( i have tested a few).

So that's it you can download it from http://messenger.msn.com

RE: New msn build by Millenium_edition on 07-01-2005 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
However skins do seem to be compatibel with this version ( i have tested a few).
skins installers work... pure reshacked EXE's will still be originating from the .0813 build.

oh and btw, you'd be nice enough if you could mention the source (mess forums/messenger blog) or credit the one you heard this from
RE: New msn build by absorbation on 07-01-2005 at 04:23 PM

Oh i have heard it from well the a patch thread first :S and i posted it on my site also messenger mad http://www.messengermad.com has news :P

I'm trying to find new images or changes that could make skinners angry because of the constant updates with no real changes :S

RE: New msn build by J.J on 07-02-2005 at 05:46 AM

Yep i downloaded it, has anyone noticed any changes?

I know its a minor update, but whats the purpose of it?

RE: New msn build by albert on 07-02-2005 at 05:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
Yep i downloaded it, has anyone noticed any changes?

I know its a minor update, but whats the purpose of it?

I didn't know there was a new version.. I had seen the new build numbers though.. it's probably just security changes.. (I am only assuming, don't take my word for it) Also, my .0813 version has been loging me out a few times a day, maybe the new build will fix that?

*lp15 clicks on http://messenger.msn.com
RE: New msn build by J.J on 07-03-2005 at 07:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
Also, my .0813 version has been loging me out a few times a day, maybe the new build will fix that?

Yeh i've been getting signed out too, so far havn't had any problems with that
RE: New msn build by tomfletcherman on 07-03-2005 at 03:41 PM

The link you provided goes to a 7mb download and not the quick patch. Where can I get the quick fix?

RE: New msn build by absorbation on 07-03-2005 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
The link you provided goes to a 7mb download and not the quick patch. Where can I get the quick fix?

i think they got rid of that idea :S it's hosted no where but the 813 beta :S
RE: RE: New msn build by blackjack on 07-03-2005 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman

i think they got rid of that idea :S it's hosted no where but the 813 beta :S

No, you said you find out about this Version in the A-Patch thread.. and maybe he got confused about that 8-) and he thinks.. he can update in with a Patch..

and i think the quick fix (Patch) was for .813 version.. didnt heard about a Patch for this..
RE: New msn build by ipab on 07-03-2005 at 05:14 PM

back on topic :P. Did anyone notice any changes?
there seems to be no difference in the UI. Most skins will work for this no matter what, since most of the skins that are coming out lately are patching msn messenger with their customizations, thus not changing the inner workings of msn messenger.

RE: New msn build by absorbation on 07-03-2005 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
back on topic . Did anyone notice any changes?

as i said before no chnage shave been found yet :S some people say a few bugs or better signing in. There is a new welcome panel for when you sign in for the first time but that would link to a site and would need to build update :S
RE: New msn build by Tasha on 07-03-2005 at 05:26 PM

I haven't even got the new build yet. But I expect it has had internal bugs fixed, and nothing that anyone can see has been changed.

RE: RE: New msn build by RaPLeX on 07-03-2005 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
I haven't even got the new build yet.

Yes i agree,i downloaded it,but its same 7.0.813?Anybody have a idea about this?
RE: New msn build by albert on 07-03-2005 at 06:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
Yes i agree,i downloaded it,but its same 7.0.813?Anybody have a idea about this?

Yes, in general, it should be about the same, but as I mentionned :

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
I didn't know there was a new version.. I had seen the new build numbers though.. it's probably just security changes.. (I am only assuming, don't take my word for it) Also, my .0813 version has been loging me out a few times a day, maybe the new build will fix that?

And as Tasha proposed :

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
I haven't even got the new build yet. But I expect it has had internal bugs fixed, and nothing that anyone can see has been changed.

Thats what I think changed
RE: New msn build by Dane on 07-04-2005 at 02:17 AM

I dont see any major reason to get this build besides minor bug fixes, I did get it though so MSN would quit nagging me.

RE: New msn build by find_your_spot on 07-05-2005 at 09:32 AM

i think that they put a new msn toolbar in the new msn.

because the new msn toolbar have tabs

see  http://toolbar.msn.com

RE: New msn build by [_A_] on 07-05-2005 at 10:18 AM

I hate it (the new build)
no skin looks good with it :(
wish I kept the .0813 installer
(N)
c ya

RE: New msn build by Sypher on 07-05-2005 at 10:24 AM

This build is still the same, so .0813 or .0816 will look the same, but it isn't internally...

Besides, when the Skinners make it .0816  compatible, you can use that :)

RE: New msn build by [_A_] on 07-05-2005 at 10:30 AM

I know :(
its just that when I finally decided to install a skin, I can't use them :P:D lol
c ya

RE: New msn build by Sypher on 07-05-2005 at 10:37 AM

Ah well, you just have to wait untill they are compatible ;)

I think that skins are always better on Preview-Images... But when you use it yourself.. Nah....

RE: New msn build by absorbation on 07-05-2005 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher

Besides, when the Skinners make it .0816  compatible, you can use that

actually after rserach form many skinners all skins work :P just some installers are not fully compatible that's 1 in a hundred infact :)

Yey mess.be finally posted it using chris100's suggestion that the welcome box changed :lol: when it didnt and it does not need a new build to do so :P mess.be also used his screenshot and got the infomation from my site :) i'm happy :P
RE: New msn build by x2zen on 07-07-2005 at 12:05 PM

The changlog can be found here, its the MSN Messenger Program Manager's Blog.
And Siebe found another change, see it here :)