Shoutbox

CHeck if Status is Appear Offline - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline (/showthread.php?tid=47081)

CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by zaher1988 on 07-01-2005 at 05:56 PM

Hey, we all know about the block checkers, so if you check for someone with Appear Offline status , it will tells you that he is Offline, so is the anyway to check if he is Really offline, or just a status?

thanks in advance

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by M73A on 07-01-2005 at 06:02 PM

http://www.blockstatus.com/msn/stchecker

its a status checker, can also check if a conmtact has blocked you...

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by absorbation on 07-01-2005 at 06:08 PM

it does not work as there is a option in msn to enable/ disable anyone to view your status and you dont know if the contact has it enabled. Otherwise block checkers would work :S But if the person had the option disabled you can view there status and really see if they are blocking you :P

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by M73A on 07-01-2005 at 06:12 PM

oh yeah forgot that little note... ta...

so yea if you wanna check ir you appear offline status is offline then set you msn to allow people not in my contact list to see if im onle from msn's options then goto that site:P

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by zaher1988 on 07-01-2005 at 06:14 PM

well thx for this, but i ment i need to know if he put a appear offline status , or he is really offline:)

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by M73A on 07-01-2005 at 06:16 PM

theres no way to tell the difference.... afaik.... the point of appear offline is so people think you are offline ... so ya no...

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by zaher1988 on 07-01-2005 at 06:21 PM

but u know u still contected to msn server, because u can see who is offline and who is offline, and who appears offline :s

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by RaceProUK on 07-01-2005 at 06:36 PM

Doesn't matter: to contacts, there's no difference between Offline and Appear Offline. That's why it's Appear Offline.

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by Millenium_edition on 07-01-2005 at 06:39 PM

there is a flaw in the msn protocol which allows this.. unfortunately, there is currently no way of detecting it when you just ask for it, neither is there an add-on that takes advantage of that flaw.

i think MD3 used to have that... but that one is dead now.

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by zaher1988 on 07-01-2005 at 06:40 PM

who is MD3

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by M73A on 07-01-2005 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
who is MD3

its an addon for MSN its called Messenger Discovery 3
RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by zaher1988 on 07-01-2005 at 07:43 PM

ow i checked it, and it seems the news msn discovery doesn't have this feature

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by kristine87 on 11-17-2009 at 05:40 PM

the answer is YES! there is a way to find out if a person is off line or appearing off line, this link will show u how its done.                 this is the link :S or just search utube for how to see if someone's appearing off line in msn and the link should pop up.(Y)                               

http://search.hp.my.aol.com.au/aol/redir?src=webs...ription=WebResults

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by Spunky on 11-17-2009 at 06:11 PM

a) This thread is 4 years old and information contained within it is irrelevant and obsolete.

b) Sharing Folders no longer exist in WLM 9.0,

c) There is no longer any way to determine if a contact is appearing offline. There was (many years ago) a way that it could be done, but it has been fixed for a long time now.

People need to sit back and think about why it's called "Appear Offline" and for what reasons people would want to use it.

I have a friend that always appears offline. I used to be notified when they came online, but I wouldn't talk to them unless they spoke to me first. It's a matter of courtesy if someone does not want to speak to you, don't force the issue.

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by Ahmed1986 on 07-31-2010 at 10:31 PM

Zaher1988, mmmm I don’t know why you want to find out who appears offline in your list...if you want to know who appears offline go to www.messenger fx.com 

Step 1
Log on to your msn

Step 2
Click on the person who you want to find out if they appear offline

Step 3
An msn conversation window will pop up on your screen

Step 4
Wait for them to come online with any status, away, busy or appear offline

Step 5
If nothing happens on your conversation window then that really means they are not online but wait for them to come online with the status of appear offline as soon as they come online with that status the conversation window should send you a message saying. For example” Ahmed  is offline now”   BINGO!!! You can send them a message such as “I can see you but you can’t see me” and they’ll be shocked

For now enjoy and have fun with messengerfx

RE: RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by Ahmed1986 on 07-31-2010 at 10:47 PM

This thread is 4 years old and information contained within it is irrelevant and obsolete.

b) Sharing Folders no longer exist in WLM 9.0,

c) There is no longer any way to determine if a contact is appearing offline. There was (many years ago) a way that it could be done, but it has been fixed for a long time now.

People need to sit back and think about why it's called "Appear Offline" and for what reasons people would want to use it.

I have a friend that always appears offline. I used to be notified when they came online, but I wouldn't talk to them unless they spoke to me first. It's a matter of courtesy if someone does not want to speak to you, don't force the issue.

----------------------------------

there are ways to find out if someone appears offline and i just found out that no one wants to chat to me :(

RE: CHeck if Status is Appear Offline by Spunky on 07-31-2010 at 11:12 PM

This thread is now 5 years old. The final method I used to detect people online has now been fixed.

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE

IT NEVER WILL BE AGAIN