Shoutbox

Meeting in London (somewhere in August) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) (/showthread.php?tid=47085)

Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by TheBlasphemer on 07-01-2005 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Blog
Well, it's been a bit silent in Messenger-land for the past few weeks,
but because the Messenger Plus! meeting was such a big success last
year, I am going to organize a Messenger Meeting this summer.

First of all, I'll have to warn you if you would like to participate. Since we don't want the group to be too big, we won't be able to allow everyone to come. For this reason we want to limit this meeting to people that have done something for the community, and people that are otherwise important in the messenger-world.
I'm really sorry about this, but there's just no other way.

So, how much HAVE we planned for now ?
Well, since a lot of people that have already said they wanted to come
are from the UK, the meeting will be in London. We're not entirely
sure where, but we'll figure out a place (suggestions anyone?). We've
also roughly picked a date for the meeting, since most of us will be
leaving for another holiday very soon, and will not be back till
somewhere in august, we have decided that it will be in the week of 8
to the 12th of august 2005. The meeting will take about three days.
The first day we will try to get the group together, get to meet
everyone, and find a place to stay. The second day will be the fun
day, we'll find something to do in London, we'll reserve some time for
a little chat, and at the end we'll probably catch a movie or
something. The third day is not really part of the meeting anymore,
that day will be reserved to bring everyone to their departure place,
like the station or the airport...
How much does it cost? We're not charging anything for the meeting,
but we're not paying for anything either. So you'll have to provide
for your own money for dinner, for a place to stay the night, etc.
Speaking of staying the night: You're free to pick a spot to stay, but
if enough people want to, we're going to try and get a room in a
hostel for the group. During the Plus! meeting we stayed in a hostel
too (although we didn't have our own room ;)), and I must say that
everyone that had their own place to stay missed out on most of the
fun!

Well, that's about all we know for now, if you'd like to come, post a
comment and we'll mail you if we think you should come!
If there's anything else you'd like to know, you can ask in the comments too :)

At last, here's a little list of people that will most likely be
coming: TheBlasphemer, optimism_, Lord d'Eath (Moria, Astfgl,
whatever), Sunshine, Inky.
People that we're not sure of: wtbw.

I'll try to keep this post updated :)

Read this for more information and updated information :)

Please respond on Messenger-Blog, I can not garantuee that I will read all replies posted here!
RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by ProblemWv Authority on 07-01-2005 at 08:23 PM

Kool!...er, I guess I can't come seeing as I haven't really done much :^), Oh well. Hope you guys have fun!:)...I guess I could maybe accidently bump into you lot on the 2nd day in london sumwhere:P

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by Stigmata on 07-01-2005 at 08:27 PM

* Stigmata wants to go

* Stigmata shouts at traxor :)

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by gif83 on 07-01-2005 at 08:31 PM

i wouldn't mind saying hi for a bit seeing as how i'm living in london.

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by TheBlasphemer on 07-01-2005 at 09:22 PM

Just say you'd like to come in the comments, we've just decided we'd prolly have a max of 25 people, and we're up till about 10 now, so you still stand a chance :)

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by aNILEator on 07-01-2005 at 10:59 PM

Hey TB I don't think i can come but i would love to go, If i can't go and traxor or stigmata are, i'll make them print off a dodgy photo of me to bring along on a stick :P

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by Patchés on 07-02-2005 at 01:00 PM

I'll be coming, it looks good. Will be something fun to go to. [I was _cindern - Messenger Live!]

Enjoy seeing you all there.

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by Sunshine on 07-25-2005 at 05:24 PM

Latest updates Messenger Meeting - London

I've taken over organising the London Meeting as TB is on holidays (ofcourse i keep contact with TB on all this). For now i can say we filled atleast 1 most likely 2 of the remaining (3) beds. Don't let that discourage you to apply though, if there's enough ppl to fill another room we might book one more (5 beds). If any of you still doubt: i'd like to know this week (for those who need a bed), so the planning can continue.

Patchés: all who are granted to come will receive an e-mail from me and i have not e-mailed you. One of the criteria is that we must know you, it's not a meeting ment for all ppl to come see the MSNM/MsgPlus! ppl.

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Blog
First of all, I'll have to warn you if you would like to participate. Since we don't want the group to be too big, we won't be able to allow everyone to come. For this reason we want to limit this meeting to people that have done something for the community, and people that are otherwise important in the messenger-world.
I'm really sorry about this, but there's just no other way.

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by Patchés on 07-25-2005 at 05:53 PM

Okay Sunshine, I understand, sorry to bother you. :(

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by Sunshine on 08-01-2005 at 08:06 PM

As posted on Messenger Blog:

No more applicants for beds will be accepted. I closed the booking and rebooked to 1 room with 8 beds.

A. Madsen and Ben (mess.be) have cancelled, but CookieRevised and TReKiE will be attending the meeting, so now it’s:
TB, Inky, Optimism, Moria, Segosa, TReKiE, CookieRevised and me attending

Sorry to those who were not allowed to come. If you did want to come but haven’t e-mailed me then sorry too, too late now.

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by Stigmata on 08-01-2005 at 08:13 PM

ben is from austrailia :o

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by TReKiE on 08-01-2005 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
ben is from austrailia :o

That's no excuse ;)

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by brian on 08-01-2005 at 10:51 PM

:---O

TReKiE .. is .. Jonathan Kay!

I never knew.

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by TReKiE on 08-01-2005 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Brian
I never knew.
Well, now you do :)
RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by user27089 on 08-01-2005 at 10:58 PM

Is everybody supposed to know who this mysterious Johnathon Kay fellow is?!... I know it's you, but who are you... if you know what I mean.

I can no longer come to the meeting, I think I told you, but I needed the MSN contact room, sorry. :(.

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by CookieRevised on 08-01-2005 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Is everybody supposed to know who this mysterious Johnathon Kay fellow is?!... I know it's you, but who are you... if you know what I mean.
He's the one and only long time (MVP) helper on the official messenger newsgroup (among many other things). High respected dude and stuff :P

quote:
I can no longer come to the meeting, I think I told you, but I needed the MSN contact room, sorry. :(.
you... you... bastard... eh... nitwit... eh.... milksop.... :P....

Do you wanna come now and give me a hit? ;) :p :D ..... PLEASE :D

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by user27089 on 08-01-2005 at 11:08 PM

quote:
you... you... bastard... eh... nitwit... eh.... milksop.... :P....

Do you wanna come now and give me a hit? ;) :p :D ..... PLEASE :D

I don't actually know what the hell you said lol! It makes no sense, I would never hit you cookie, I'd probably jump on you or something though, to take you down lol.

As the almighty blade would say... No, you're a dead pixel! Funny eh?... oh wait, it's still not funny.

I didn't know about Johnathon Kay though, weird... I thought he may have been a relation to Peter Kay :cheesy:.

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by Sunshine on 08-02-2005 at 05:35 PM

quote:
I would never hit you cookie, I'd probably jump on you or something though, to take you down lol.

Awww come find us, i want to see another "streetfight" (i only seen the vid of the Paris one because i stayed in a hotel elsewhere in Paris) :P

But i'm not gonna miss out on anything this time...i even sleep in the same room :D
RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by [MR] on 08-02-2005 at 05:38 PM

eh no one ever meets in texas, except TylerG, "Norma Jean"(NoName) and me and good old Gilmore-deeds, but thats nothing

RE: Meeting in London (somewhere in August) by Max on 08-02-2005 at 06:18 PM

I hope you all have a great time, I hope you enjoy it and enjoy speaking with each other. Shame I wasn't allowed to come, even though I do live 20 minutes away from the centre of London. But ohwell, never mind. As I said, have a nice time, enjoy the food, the wine and Sunshine's beauty.. I mean. :$